Kid reviews for Fortnite

Battle it out or use strategy in fantastic action game.

Wondering if Fortnite is OK for your kids?

Parents: Set preferences and get age-appropriate recommendations.

Join Plus now

Teen, 14 years old Written byTruthfulReviewer October 2, 2018

Absolute Trash (MOSTLY)

Alright you fortnite fanatics I came here to give my opinion and not to start world war III. My opinion: The concept is cool, the execution is absolute garbage. Each season after the 2nd made the game worst and worst. What do I mean? Well, the game removed double pump and double heavy which i do agree with but I dont with that they removed the whole double shotgun meta. The new meta of the game is spam the hell out of someone's building and they will die. No skill required, specially after season 5. Grappler made it easy for other to get the high ground even if you build fast af and try your best to get it. Those are just some examples on how they are making the game easier for new players and annoying as hell for experienced players. Why do they do this? Well, think about this: If a new player keeps on getting killed round after round and cant get a damn kill then he will most likely quit. Now with the garbage meta they can spray you down and get kills which would make them really hyped and what comes after is... that person buying the whole item shop. Is a technique for them to make more money, experienced players wont leave because they have played for so long so why leave now when the game is still popular? New players will buy stuff over and over again making the developers BANK/money. Just adding the double shotgun back will make a lot of players happy because there wont be only one meta. Btw dont get me started on glitches/bugs. The excuse is that the game is in beta and thats why it has so many bugs/glitches. The only reason the game is still in beta after years (yes years, save the world) is because they can update the game constantly. If the game is fully released then they have to wait longer (way longer) to release a new update, thats literally it. If you disagree with me then cool but this is my opinion and think the game has becomed complete garbage.
Kid, 12 years old July 2, 2018

Killing humans with guns. Not for young children.

The game is about killing people with guns. You drop from a flying thing, run around, shoot up houses, kill other players using guns and try not to die. The goal of the game is killing everyone until you are the last one standing.

“You can build, it’s like Minecraft!”
No. You can’t compare a sandbox game to a game about killing people. Yes, you can build, but that’s not the goal of the game.

You can play in teams and talk to random strangers playing the game. They can talk to you. I understand that it is easier to play with someone if you can talk to them, but you have no idea who they are.

When people get shot multiple times and are close to dying, they crawl around on the ground. You shoot people until they can’t walk, and then kill them. Is this for young children?

You can buy things in the game using REAL MONEY. The only things you can buy is cosmetic things that changes how things look. Remember that if your kid is asking you to buy something.

Kids get angry about this game. It’s addicting. I have played this with my friends. They scream at it. They complain about it. They play it for hours. When I am writing this it is summer. Everyday I see someone playing it. There is always someone.

Summary:
You kill humans with guns.
You can talk to random strangers.
You can buy things using real money.
It’s addicting.
This should be 15+.

Teen, 17 years old Written byMandee3 July 27, 2018

The game is very overrated as of today

This game is very overrated. Let me tell you, one time I played this game, I was wrongfully addicted to it and I stopped playing after 5 days. If you have a kid who plays this game, they will know they get too addicted to it. Would rather play something boring than this game that rot my brains into tears.

Teen, 15 years old Written byLilLove July 25, 2018

This game is overrated

This game is too much and too overrated in my opinion. Honestly, I feel like every single kid out there will hate me for saying this, but it's really not that good. I remember watching gameplay of it before it became a big hit, and even then, I didn't like it. First off, it's confusing. Secondly, and most inportantly, the fact that you;re forced to play with other people is stupid. You don't know if there are stupid kids that'll troll you like crazy just because you're a "newb", which by the way happens pretty often. And lastly, it's extremely addictive and frustrating. But hey, if you like frustrating games with trollers in it, go on and play the game!

Kid, 12 years old October 13, 2017

Fortnite review

Fortnite is a game of survival, you get put on a big piece of land, and you have to find some weapons like an assault rifle, shoutgun, pistols, etc... then there you have to go into a big circle and look for characters, or online players to fight. There is not a lot of violence, there is just cartoon violence, there is not blood whatsoever, this game is great and fun for 6 yrs olds and up. I recommend watching a gameplay of fortnite if you are trying to decide on this game for your child.

Teen, 14 years old Written bybellabeans October 27, 2018

Honesty From A Fellow 14 Year Old

I hear a lot of people play this game, and I have too. Do I mind it? No, not at all. Do I like it? No. At school as a 14 year old female, all I hear in the halls are remarks like "Did you see the new sniper" or anything along those lines from nine year olds. This game is all people talk about, which is super disappointing, considering that this generation is already quite dependent on their screens. For the fact that it's being talked about so much is honestly just the worst. This game is highly addictive, and I feel kids are losing their minds over it, the company brainwashing these young children with nongraphic violence and the want to win. Buying things online because they want to show off to their friends. Not only that, but this game is truly a knockoff of PUBG, which is also disappointing. These young kids are losing their lives to this game, and their social skills. I'd say the parents should either put a time limit on this, or evaluate the maturity of their child. There are no good role models, no great messages, and for a third person shooter, the violence is quite expected. No blood, no gore. I'll give Fortnite that credit, but you couldn't sway me to think that Fortnite is healthy for anyone under the age of thirteen to play.

Teen, 14 years old Written byCarson Bush July 6, 2018

Frustrating game, but with very mild violence.

Fortnite is really just another trendy game, but since it was free I decided to check it out. First off, the menu screen is very busy and intrusive, it was hard to figure out where everything was. Then once I was dropped into the map, I realized something: the graphics are garbage. They’re very remiscent of Superman ‘64. I finagled with the difficult controls for a minute or so until I found the most effective way to use the controls, which also happens to be very un-ergonomic. After picking up some weapons (and suffering through lag) for about 2 minutes I still hadn’t encountered anyone. I was starting to get bored in a life-or-death situation. And then it happened. I was sniped by a hidden opponent: dead in one shot with no time to react.
That’s the entire problem with Fortnite: you’re either the best or you’re dead without warning. After a few more rounds with very similar outcomes, I decided the game wasn’t worth my time. The only plus side is that the violence is bloodless and tame, which is only because of the bad graphics. Not worth your time.

Kid, 10 years old March 30, 2020

regarding fortnite

It is a popular battle royal. It is popular because it is very addictive with its cartoon style characters and its annoying dances. If you let your kids play it there is a high chance they will become addicted. Please do not play this.

Teen, 13 years old Written byGamingReviews September 13, 2020

Amazing

This game is great and not too hard to learn. I tried playing for about a week and in the end I really wasn’t all to bad. Parents be careful of voice chat though, during voice chat people can say random things that could possibly inappropriate. The chances are really slim though, during the week I played I didn’t encounter anybody saying anything too inappropriate. Once in a while somebody said a bad word but it was a pretty good game. The graphics are cartoon and their isn’t any blood. I like the game but it didn’t make me addicted. I recommend this game.

Kid, 11 years old May 8, 2020

It’s good

This game is really good. Yes, you shoot people, but just because you shoot in a game doesn’t mean you have to shoot in real life! Its not graphic or bloody at all. You also help your teammates, build structures, and fly in helicopters around the map. GREAT GAME!

Kid, 7 years old April 13, 2020

Roblox is better

I have no idea how Fortnite got more Popular than Roblox!? Roblox is more kid-friendly but this is not for kids.

Teen, 17 years old Written byBob The Builder . April 29, 2018

Best game

I have to say it's a great game! I recommend that 12+ should play it. The game has violence, and there's grenades and guns but the game is cartoony and so is the weapons. Easy to play I recommend you should download it for your kids. It can be addictive, so try downloading it when they're 12+ years old. Please read I highly think it would be fun for 12 and up. No bad stuff inside the game.

Teen, 13 years old Written byWill the builder March 27, 2018

Good for all but takes a lot of skill

It’s not gory at all no blood ever. And honestly if you say it’s violent my character is a gingerbread man with a unicorn pickaxe. If you don’t like guns it’s not for you. But there are much worse games and fortnite is probably the most tame 3rd person shooter.

Kid, 10 years old January 28, 2018

Awesome

Other players can swear but you can mute them or report them so it's not a big deal. I think the biggest thing is that you shouldn't let a kid with anger issues play this because even though I don't have anger issues (I used to), I sometimes rage, not as bad as my brother but I do sometimes. There is something called V bucks which is an in game purchase thing but if you're child is mature enough to not click it, it isn't a problem at all. Besides, if your kid wants it, let him save up his money.

Teen, 13 years old Written byDrumletNation January 16, 2018

Great game, but...

The game is great, no issues with that. However, I don't appreciate the fact that some people are recommending this game to 2-year olds and 8-year olds.

The fact remains that it is a shooting game that needs a more mature audience, even if it does not contain gore. I don't believe in the BS that video games make people violent, but I do believe a game like this needs a more mature audience than 6-year olds.

Teen, 15 years old Written byletsgoblue10 March 23, 2020

b a d

This game is b a d. no person should have to experience a b a d game. ban this b a d game. its b a d. why does this exist.

Kid, 9 years old March 18, 2020

OOF!!!!!!!!!

TO MUCH VIOLENCE!!!!!!!!!! Every boy in my class was talking about it so I decided to try it, it had so much violence and swearing that I just stopped. Over the next weeks in class the boys started talking back to the teacher, swearing, and fighting with each other. Fortnite is a bad influence on kids and adults. NO ONE SHOULD PLAY THIS, THIS GAME SHOULD JUST GET DELETED.

Teen, 13 years old Written byHan_nah_74029 November 19, 2018

Wrecked my brothers mental health!

My brother had meningitis last year and all his anxieties came back when he started playing fortnite. He is extremely naughty when he’s allowed on there and the obsession is severe. My parents have taken him off it because of was damaging him. Also the game itself, there are no levels and the aim is the same every time. My IT teacher who is games mad said a game like GTA or Halo is way better but games do cause addictions. It releases the same chemicals as if you’re taking drugs, BEWARE. Parents don’t let your kid on it! Also the safety isn’t there with the fact you can play random people and they could be older than the child. My brother is 8 and he is mortified when people swear!

Kid, 11 years old August 4, 2017

Great sandbox game

Not 13+. You could here language online, but the game by itself isn't bad. If you know what Garden Warfare is, this game has the same amount of violence. Easy to play fun for 10+.
Kid, 11 years old September 11, 2020

Toxic Community

Everyone Who Has Played Fortnite That I Know Of Just Get More And More Toxic. And The YouTube Videos On It Don't Make It Any Better, Because The Fortnite YouTubers ALWAYS Swear. Also Lots Of Users Pay For Worthless "Cosmetics" And Get Called A "Default" If They Don't. The Killing Part Of The Game Isn't Bad Because Every Game Has Some Killing But There Is Just Way To Much Violence For What Its Rated.