Want personalized picks that fit your family?

Set preferences to see our top age-appropriate picks for your kids.

Get age-based picks

Parent reviews for Free Realms

Beautiful MMORPG lets kids have fun safely.

Adult Written byThe cool parent September 11, 2011

Not good for anyone!!

Ummm.... girls act sexy, one boy tried to see if he could have sex with me. I wouldn't be surprised if girls walked around in panties and bras on this website.
Adult Written byCarriena September 27, 2013

Kid-Friendly Game!

Well, my kid, she is 10 years old, she has played Free Realms, and she absolutely loves it. Here are pros of Free Realms: Membership: Membership on Free Realms is very cheap, and forget paying 70 dollars a month for lifetime, for a lifetime membership it only costs $35.00 and it's a ONE TIME PAYMENT! I consider this very cheap, compared to other games my 10 year old plays. Gameplay: The quality is very good, it is 3D and kids can easily make friends here. Free Realms is a mostly kid-friendly game. (See "cons" of Free Realms.) Appearance: At first in Free Realms, as you know, you may choose a human or a pixie to represent you in-game. There are different types of make-up and face paint, not to mention beards and mustache(s) for boys! The hair choices are nice too. There are up-dos, and long hair, even short hair. For the pixies, there are also different wing patterns you can choose from. As for clothing, they do not have skirts, but they do have shorts. Fortunately, they only have three pairs that my daughter has mentioned and from what I have seen, they are all appropriate, meaning they do not show off her player's butt or anything. The shirts are appropriate, though they do have "midriff" shirts as my daughter says they are called. Though they do have these shirts, they do have things that can cover their bellies. Social: Con: Well, there is a very strong filter on Free Realms, I have seen before when my 10 year old was in the bathroom, I walked by the computer, and there were girls saying, "i need a dayt" and "dayum" and other ways around the chat filter. Pros: This is a very nice game for social activity, as I said before, they have a very strong filter, it blocks numbers, and there are no sexual words or activities allowed, no swearing, (though players have partially gotten past that roadblock) nothing inappropriate or unsuitable for kids. In-game currency: The currency in Free Realms are Coins and Station Cash. Coins are currency that you can earn while you do battles, open chests, etc. etc. Station Cash: Station Cash costs money. Though you can get game cards or just pay through the game from your credit card. It is completely safe, they do not scam, they do not steal your money, nothing negative. My daughter has had no complaints that she didn't get her station cash, or got something she didn't like. In a short description: Free Realms is a kid-friendly game that is appropriate for almost all ages!

Parent of a 9 year old Written byReviewer564 December 30, 2010
Great!!! And if players even type a word that looks like a bad one it does not show! Like "hot" or "what ever"

Parent of a 12 year old Written byCheraMom October 21, 2010

For kids who are ready for their first MMORPG

The landscape looks like earth, but is populated with perfect looking young adults, and young adult fairies, which are smaller then humans and have wings. Because dressing up and earning clothes is a big part of the game, I wish they had made the characters more cartoon like. The only other concern I have is the way your child is constantly faced with the message that you need a membership to advance, membership to enter, membership to play. So, if you can afford the 5 dollars a month let your child try this game, but they will eventually want a membership. And it's well worth the money. Lots to do! Great puzzle games! Mountains to Climb, oceans to swim...fun!

Parent of a 7, 8, 9, 9, and 11 year old Written byhollyteige August 16, 2010

Good but title is misleading for the under-10 set

Overall this is a pretty innocuous and enjoyable game with lots of opportunity for exploration. It is another step into the MMPOG world that undoubtedly awaits and it seems fairly safe with lots of mechanisms in place for parents to control access to/for children under 13. My only concern is the significant limits on access to features without membership, which as of 8/10 costs $5/month. This is difficult for young children to understand, particularly when it is not mentioned to players until they try to achieve a certain level and are told they can't get the level they've earned until they get the membership...hm, seems a bit high-pressure for a little kid. Tweens might be a bit more savvy when dealing with sites that market themselves as free (as in FREERealm) but for younger children a bit of a chat about the type of marketing being used could help ease the disappointment of limited play over the long-term.

Parent of a 11 year old Written bythe ton crusher May 29, 2010

wwe

i theek it is good because you cen have your friens on hir

Parent of a 8 year old Written byblack101 May 17, 2010
Adult Written byJzW May 31, 2010

OK for older kids - not for tweens

People need to know the filtered chat is easily circumvented by using non character letters, and is frequently done.

Adult Written byace cannon July 4, 2009
Parent of a 17 year old Written bya9student May 28, 2010

Adult Written bykiller king November 9, 2009

any age should be able to play

i cant get away from this game

Parent of a 9 and 11 year old Written bykirstenluise August 24, 2009

Engaging graphics, fun to play, great features

What an attractive game - great graphics. Both my 12 year old son and my 9 year old daughter really love this game. I read through all the parent material on the site before I let them join, some good features for the younger kids, and can give them more freedom as they get older. Game play can happen in so many ways which is great for a free game
Adult Written bysharkmay69 May 29, 2009