Kid reviews for Free Realms

Beautiful MMORPG lets kids have fun safely.

Kid, 12 years old June 11, 2012

My Review

I played it and I language I didn't like the language. It's Fun, but that's it.

Kid, 12 years old August 24, 2010

Free??? YEAH RIGHT!!!

oh yeah right like kids of 10 would learn stuff from that dreadful site! im scared some kids found out how to say bad things on there! idk i have not been on this site before i just dont know!? Free realms just wants money!!! volince is the worst thing because when there 3 something would happen to one part of there brain! i read it on the newspaper!!! but im sure its easy to play!

Teen, 13 years old Written bydude783115 July 11, 2009

Great Website

First of all if your a new user I suggest getting a starter card. It cost one dollar (great deal). It gives you one months membership. The other cards cost 5, 10, and 25 dollars. Station cash lets you buy much more weapons, clothing, and much more items. Try not to spend so much. If you want more Station Cash you have to buy another card. If you get membership and don't want to buy station cash, that's fine. Buy a regular months membership. The graphics or great. Free Realms world is at least ten times bigger than pirates online. That's how good it is. There's goofy spells that can turn you into crabs, monsters (their hardly scary). The emotions are amazing compared to other Disney websites. The violence isn't that bad. You can race cars in this game also. The racing is better than Mario kart. The tracks aren't as good though. The environment is safe. It's very rare to find a person who uses foul language on this game. I haven't heard any yet. In my opinion get the game cards. No credit card numbers or anything like that. They're found in Target, blockbuster, two more places. Sorry I forgot the other two. This websites is very popular there's over 4 million accounts on Free Realms. Play this game.
Teen, 13 years old Written byantonica March 13, 2013

Gotta give it a try

LOVE IT SO ADDICTING.... I started playing when I was in first grade :)) 8 yrs old.. Awesomeness
Teen, 14 years old Written byBionic Reviewer May 23, 2013

Not so Free, but definitely a Realm.

First of all, the "free" part of the name does not imply "no money required". It implies "do what you want". Subscriptions are practically mandatory for leveling your professions, and the Cash Shop will sell all sorts of goodies for money. As for content, there isn't all that much in game, but, as in all games, there's a reason why ESRB doesn't rate online interactions. The SOE crowd in general (Freerealms, DC Universe Online, Clone Wars Adventures, etc) tends to be unhelpful and best and inappropriate at worst. Always keep an eye on the screen while your child plays. Violence isn't too bad, mostly wacky fantasy stuff. Battles come in minigames and, more recently, the Sunstone Valley section of the map. In combat, your characters uses swords, scythes, hammers, bows, axes and magic spells to fight silly opponents like ninjas, giant insects and crabs, and during it's anniversary event, a giant animated slice of cake. Players can obtain seasonal weapons as well, such as balloon weapons during the aforementioned anniversary. Although there is no explicit sexual behavior in game, players may speak how they wish. There used to be an exploit which allowed players to strip down to their underwear, though they may have patched it up. No foul language in game, but again, the community. A town called Chugalug (I think, it's been a while) is populated by creatures who are seemingly drunk, and the town's banner is an ale mug. Aside from that, not too much to speak of. The game gets dull after a while, as gear differences are barely noticable, and there isn't really an endgame other than getting the flashier gear for level 20 jobs. Most likely, your kid can handle it, but it most likely won't hold their interest for too long. You never know, though.

Teen, 17 years old Written byAraniFire March 16, 2013

Not a bad game in my opinion.

I have been on Free Realms for just over 2 years now and although the game itself can become a bore at times overall I find its a nice game for younger generation of people. I do had wished I had discovered it back in its BETA days in 2009 and experienced the very old FR. I started out on this game quite late in life at about 14 and I still am on this at the age of 17. I still find it quite entertaining and I get along with many of the players which are also in their late teens. I think that Free Realms is a good game for anyone aged 10-15 and parents should have no worries leaving their children on there, the violence is minimum and the entertainment is endless. I also think that it is a good learning environment for children as there are lots of different language filters and players from all around the world you could pick up a word or two, I know I sure have. Privacy can be an issue with some younger or vulnerable players when it comes to accounts and passwords, they may be easily tricked into giving their details away which could end up them loosing their Character along with all their items. As with any game there are positive and negative people throughout the game you will meet, I myself, have met a number of negative people who have caused much drama in the game as well as a lot of positive people who you get to know from all around the world. I for one have met about 12 good friends on there and I now have them added on my Facebook and even Skype them face to face all of which are from places such as Denmark, California, Florida, Alaska, Italy, and Turkey. Now onto the big issue with Free Realms. Money.. This is a problem to a lot of people in this day and age where money is more scarce now to spend on entertainment for some. And this is no exception, id say membership for Lifetime of the game isn't bad at all. It had raised a little in price since I payed for Lifetime in 2010 but compared to other games I have seen such as Club Penguin it is not bad at all for what you get. SC also known as Station Cash which is the money currency of the game on the other hand is a different issue. This can cost quite a lot over time, $10 here and there will not last you long.

Kid, 8 years old June 9, 2013

safe children

It's not safe because your children are aloud to free chat and cheat

Kid, 9 years old August 3, 2011

Great

Girl are sexy. Also it is more of E game. It is sooooo cool the game because you can battle. The puzzles are fun.
Kid, 12 years old March 12, 2011

love it

looove it! but some users abuse it and turn it into a fake dating system

Teen, 14 years old Written byJaneybell October 7, 2012

Not a bad game

I have played Free Realms for about a year now and it really isn't that bad like all the comments have said. It is a fun game for kids - teens to play where they can travel across a free sandbox world! There are battles you can do but they are not gory and is one of the little things you can do, you can go kart, cook, smelt, mine and other things. Chat wise you cannot give away anything because it is very protective, you cannot say digits, full names or adress and cannot use any language. However there are some problems, if you are a non-member you can only go to level 5 with every job you can do and some quests require membership. However the membership is different to other online games that I have played. There are the normal member ship fees like monthly, 6 months and a year but there is also a choice for life time which means your membership will never run out. You sometimes forget that you are a member. Another problem is there are 2 types of money in this game, coins and SC (Station Cash), most of the cool stuff you get like rides and pets involve using SC which is real money that has to be submitted into the game which really sucks. The last floor is some times the clothes can be a bit small but there are only 3 tops that show the belly and a tiny bit flashy. There are also short shorts. Other wise there is a big variety of clothes to choose from that look amazing. It is a good game that I suggest to kids who want to chat and have fun in!
Kid, 10 years old April 27, 2012

Free Realms/Amazing Game

I love Free Realms, in a good way. With two accounts with full lifetime membership, what can go wrong? I do think that people get away with swearing TOO much. People improvise for swear words such as using "Muck" or "As" for the swear words. The brawling games are optional. But the game also has positive role models, such as helping people while having fun at the same time. As a level 5 VIP member, i got all i need. I do think the limits for non-members are unfair. Otherwise, A GREAT game for kids and parents.

Kid, 10 years old May 12, 2009
Teen, 13 years old Written byiCallum December 8, 2011

FreeRealms Review ;)

Love this game! This game is more on the social and adventure side, so I don't recommend this to kids under the age of 12, this also has a violent side sometimes, beware of that! Other than that, it's fantastic!

Educational Value
Teen, 13 years old Written byThe Expert on Good August 16, 2012

Wonderful game, has improved a lot

When I first played this back in 2010, I hated it because despite being called Free Realms, the game really isn't free. However, they have made many improvements that make the game better. For example, the membership is a thrifty 3.30$, which is incredibly small compared to most game's 10-20$ membership. Although it is not for learning, it is still a wonderful game, and I recommend it.

Teen, 13 years old Written byMrTaterSheep March 12, 2012

Good site

Love it

Educational Value
Kid, 11 years old May 15, 2011

fun game

Free realms is a great game for the age range of 9 and up. Very easy to play. Some kids that are older may do certain stuff, but to my level it's fine.

Kid, 12 years old April 16, 2011

This game

I only played it for 1 day and theres ppl flirting and hitting on each other wanting to date u, and it has grown ups in it playing too, and u cant get all the cool things like the dinosaur mount without paying real money so unless u get ur mom to let u pay real money u wont ever be part of the cool kids who own all the cool stuff, I dont like the game becuz of that, my mom wont let me use real money so i cant be like the others who have it, The game is ok sorta, except for creepy adults pretending to be kids

Kid, 10 years old May 10, 2009
Kid, 11 years old May 1, 2009

i start out laughing then a lost my brain cells

Kid, 10 years old April 7, 2012

TERRIBLE GAME

I think this is a terrible game! First of all, one person i saw told some one where he lived! Second, There is an emotion that you can click that says flirt. Third, on the chat someone said there real name and last name. So it may be beautiful, but bad! NOT FOR KIDS!!