Kid reviews for Gears of War 2

Gory yet well-done shooter meant for adults only.

Kid, 11 years old June 8, 2011

The Filters

The game is super bloody and gory and the swear not as much as you might think.When you put the filter on for swearing you hear radio static.And when you filter the blood and gore either nothing comes out of the bodie or sparks fly with the chainsaw.

Teen, 13 years old Written byxboxteenwatcher July 16, 2012

gears and gears 2

I have the first game and it has brutal violence and language. F and d and others too. So the game is good so this one should be to. Enjoy!!

Teen, 14 years old Written byRealDealx April 24, 2011
AWESOME GAME!! however very violent in parts.. it is better then the 1st however the gore is worse..
Kid, 12 years old February 2, 2011

Very gory.

This game is kind of like the first one gore and language wise. There is a filter to take out the gore and language like the first one.

Teen, 14 years old Written byakido January 29, 2011

NOT APPROPRIATE FOR ANY KID

I love it, but it is in no way appropriate for me or anyone near my age (14). When walking into a laser like fence or being hit close with a shotgun, you basically explode. No like fireworks, but your blood and guts fly across the vicinity of your death. Your bloody limbs are then lying on the ground waiting for people to walk on. You can also chainsaw peoples chests open and have their blood and guts appear all over the screen. The story mode has tons of nasty suppress. A main character casually shoots his head clean off for no apparent reason, and husband shoots his crazy wife etc. There is also a ton of swear words not appropriate for kids to listen too that frequently. When you "down" and opponent, you walk over to them as they lay dying on the ground waiting for a team mate to save them or die from their wound. You step on their faces half of the time, and other beat them with your gun. Over all not for kids at all.

Teen, 17 years old Written bydrizzydrake23 December 6, 2010

PERFECT FOR TEENS

IT IS FUN BECAUSE ME AND MY 14 YEAR OLD COUSIN AND I PLAY IT ALL THE TIME WHEN I'M OVER HIS HOUSE.THERE IS NOTHING BAD ABOUT IT.

Teen, 13 years old Written byRrrr August 17, 2009

DOESN'T DESIRVE M RATING

First off, You can easily turn off the violence and that makes the game T by itself. And plus, you need to remember that it's just a game and Locasts aren't going to come up and kill us. This game takes place on a different planet, like Sierra or something. You never actually here them say they are from Earth. Also, the cursing, your child will here much, much worse before they can DRIVE! And the blood, some of the fakest ever. The game is amazing and easy to play. I am a teenager, so parents, don't take me too seriously, but it's not as violent as GTA IV! SO SHUT UP! That will be all.

Educational Value
Teen, 13 years old Written byJ-dog21 March 23, 2009

Inense Game

Super gory, you can chainsaw enimies in half and blood is everywhere and also a lot of bad language
Teen, 15 years old Written byMattdawg567 April 20, 2016

Same as the first

Just like the first game the violence can be toned down so there is no blood. However, enemies do crawl off in pain to be healed by teammates as well as being able to stomp and/ or beat to death a downed enemy as well as using them as a meat shield and snapping their neck. But still there's no blood. Turning off the profanity and blood are two separate options in this one so if your fine with your kid running enemies through with a chainsaw with blood spurting all over the place you can turn them off separately. Turning off major cursing turns off f--k, Go---n (GD), and s--t. It's not bad at all when u turn off both of those though. The filtered language is replaced by static. You can tell what they're saying I'd u listen to the context of the sentence though
Teen, 17 years old Written byMattAndrewtonya February 24, 2014

Fun but gory

We'll there are cuss words including fu-- sh-- a-- damn damn it

Teen, 13 years old Written byDJ ASSASSIN June 8, 2013

AWESOME BUT VIOLENT

This game is great but really over the top in violence i remeber this one mission where you were stuck inside a giant worm and u have to destroy it's heart and it creates a river of blood and after you haved killed the worm you chainsaw through it and you and your teamates fall out covered in head to toe in blood.

Teen, 14 years old Written byCWG1 May 9, 2013

okay for 10 and up because you can turn blood, and harsh language off.

This game is entertaining and wild. However the game contains strong blood and gore all throughout. From chainsawing a lotus, or blowing it up this game is very gory. Also there is a lot of language to go with it. Now the reason I said that this is okay for 10 is because you can turn off the gore, and the strong language, but violence will be there just not any gore. Totally worth the money. If this were rated as movies are rated it would be R: Strong Bloody Sc-Fi Violence Throughout, Strong Language.

Kid, 9 years old May 6, 2012

Gory and awesome.

This game is gory and awesome.
Teen, 13 years old Written bycerealkiller189 March 24, 2012

Got this game for my Xbox 360,if you are a mature gamer like m,get this now!

GREAT GAME UNBEATABLE BY ALL STANDARDS SOOO AWESOME NOW IF YOU'LL EXCUSE ME,I'VE GOT GOW 3 IN THE WAITING LINE.

Teen, 13 years old Written bymadelineshadowrose November 28, 2011

turn off gore and swearing before your kids begin.

My dad plays this game in front of me. Based on there review you'd expect an x-rated game, its not. When my younger brother, age 10, wanted to play my dad went to the menu and turned of the strong swear words and gore making it basically T rated.

Teen, 13 years old Written byhzs12345678910 September 28, 2017

Teen, 13 years old Written byilikegears2 May 17, 2011

perfect for kids 13 and up,not for 12 and down

i think the game is great i am sure this game is appropriate for teens i am a fan and even though its has the f and s word you turn the strong langauge and gore off to make it easier to play .

Kid, 9 years old April 18, 2011

GORY!

LOVE it the same as 1!

Educational Value
Teen, 15 years old Written byDan the man20000 April 18, 2011

Great game.

If the violence is to bad. Turn the gore off. This game is very impressive. Great graphics. A good role model, who only fights for peace and family. And another, who treats his comrades like family. If WW3 does happen... These brave men is who you should look to.

Kid, 11 years old March 1, 2011

ok im 11 i play it and its realy violant and gory but u can turn all the gore and the curses.if u ask me story line is great