All parent member reviews for Gears of War 3

Parent Written byResistentialism June 29, 2012

LEARNING

Good game, gore and language can be turned off.

Parent Written bylaurakelly February 27, 2014

Gear of war -3 is amazing game..https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.gameimax.FaceDoctor

Parent Written byRating Gamer January 15, 2013

To Be Honest....

Blood Comes out, Bad Words screaming out of the way, guns blazing.. First of, this is innapopriate for kids under 13, Its a third person shooter, Graphicly Intense, Amazing story... But I don't reccomend this for 13 and under... I don't even let my 9 year old son touch this game nor my 11 year old son too...
Adult Written bymrjspice777 February 10, 2012

LUV THE GAME. But for kids?... well, its rated mature not because of the Age, but because you need to be mentally mature to play it.

I guess it really depends on who your kids are. Yeah, you can turn off the blood and gore but do your kids aren't dumb. They know a chainsaw would really decapitate a person. And don't get me wrong I'm a huge fan of the series and its innovative storyline, as well as smart mouth characters like Baird. But if you want to get this for your kids, turn off the strong language and gore when you go to the options menu. Caution, if you have rowdy kids that like fight or throw tantrums don't get it. Lol, it will only make them worse. Otherwise if your kids are well behaved and they aren't easily influenced, than shoot for the moon. But like I said in the title, theres a reason why they say the game is rated for a MATURE audience. Forget the age, it maybe cgi, but it looks real enough that it just might turn your stomach if your not used to seeing gorey movies/games.
Adult Written byPheasantHunter89 January 20, 2012

Very good game, but executions can be very graphic...

Gears of War 3 is a very enjoyable game to play, that is if you are either old enough to purchase it or you are mature enough to handle the amount of violent content. Looking at some other reviews, I noticed that the Lancer chainsaw is mentioned frequently, but having played this game for a good amount of time there are a few other methods of executing characters that may be of interest to parents. Just to name a few other more extreme methods, there is a move were you rip off another player's arm and then beat them with it while blood is flying everywhere. Two other ways involve a bladed bow or gigantic meatcleaver to decapitate another person's head off. Finally, there is an execution were you jam a flamethrower into the enemy's stomach and then cook them from the inside out, while they are screaming from the incineration. Outside of the executions, the shotgun can turn players into chunks of meat if shot at too closely. There is quite a bit of strong language as well. I would say older teens would be fine, but I wouldn't buy or even play this game in front of younger children. As for adults, it is a very enjoyable game, with lots of replay value across the four modes of play. One of the best games I have played in a long time. I would recommend it over both Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 and Battlefield 3 as far as shooters go, especially when online as the Gears community is, in general, more mature and not quite as profane as the other two games' communities.
Adult Written bychristian2011 January 8, 2012

Great sci-fi action game with EXTREME violence and profanity.

Gears of War 3 is a great sci-fi action shooter with amazing graphics, yet the violence is extreme and brutal. You use machine guns, pistols, sniper rifles and other explosive devices to kill and dismember the hideous looking alien species, known as the Locusts, with bloody and gory results. You also use a chainsaw on your gun to gorily dispatch your foes at close range and blood graphically spurts on the camera. The profanity is frequent and strong, constant use of f**k, motherf**ker, s**t, and other crude remarks. The intense apocalyptic-like atmosphere which shows other soldiers fighting off the locusts really sets the violent tone in this game. AT LEAST for people 17 and up.
Parent Written byPakistanPEGI December 20, 2014

No one under 18

Extreme bloody sci-fi game only for adults. Extreme Violence Strong language(f--ker,sh-y,f--k,)
Parent Written bytoddler1963 March 9, 2013

Thank you for the content and language filter!!

This was a great game, I had the content filter on and it was very playable although there is still some questionable language for kids. This game might be ok for 15 and over but only under strict parental supervision to make sure the filter is on.
Parent Written byMattJakobs December 2, 2012

Definitely not for kids

War, Drugs, Alien Hordes, Mass Murder of different species. Compared to call of duty a DEVIL game
Adult Written bydarthsitkur August 20, 2012

this one was the best

gears 3 is better than the first two, mainly because the campaign is longer than last time and it's much more intense than the first two, and also, the big massive set piece shootout at the hotel at the end set the record for the world's longest shootout ever lol, the hotel shootout was pretty much the best part of the whole game, and of course us gears fans enjoy the games for the nonstop action and the blood, guts, and gore galore
Adult Written byBrioCyrain May 6, 2012

Smooth as Butter

Effective use of an aging engine, upgraded to bring the 360 to it's knees. Plays as smooth as butter.
Adult Written bypizzagrenade March 25, 2012

Incredible, the best of the Gears Trilogy

After playing the game from start to finish, I would have to say with my honest opinion that the game was absolutely incredible. Though very bloody and gory, just like the two before, Gears Of War 3 comes through and makes it's own name for itself with a fantastic story, brilliant characters and gameplay to match. I do recommend though that parents check out the game first if any of their children, 15 and under, want to play.
Parent Written byMinilaous September 26, 2011

fact and fiction.

i think yes it is violent but kids nowadays know the difference between fact and fiction.
Parent of a 6 and 14 year old Written byGoldensun September 22, 2011

Too dark for kids

The game is definitely not for kids. I tested the game at E3 and found that there is a part in the game where you can play the demonic alien creatures and kill humans. I find that a bit dark for some 8 year old to play. I think it says something about our culture; we really are surrounding ourselves with some really dark stuff.