Parent reviews for Gears of War 3

Gears of War 3 Poster Image

Amazing game

Really great game with levels that excite and are awsome. Some bloody bits with some attacks.

No one under 18

Extreme bloody sci-fi game only for adults. Extreme Violence Strong language(f--ker,sh-y,f--k,)

Thank you for the content and language filter!!

This was a great game, I had the content filter on and it was very playable although there is still some questionable language for kids. This game might be ok for 15 and over but only under strict parental supervision to make sure the filter is on.

To Be Honest....

Blood Comes out, Bad Words screaming out of the way, guns blazing.. First of, this is innapopriate for kids under 13, Its a third person shooter, Graphicly Intense, Amazing story... But I don't reccomend this for 13 and under... I don't even let my 9 year old son touch this game nor my 11 year old son too...

Definitely not for kids

War, Drugs, Alien Hordes, Mass Murder of different species. Compared to call of duty a DEVIL game

this one was the best

gears 3 is better than the first two, mainly because the campaign is longer than last time and it has even more insane action and extreme gore than the first two, and also, the big set piece shootout at the hotel at the end set the record for the longest and bloodiest shootout ever, hahahahaha, it lasted for an hour for cryin out loud. BRING ON GEARS 4!!!!!!

Good game, gore and language can be turned off.

Smooth as Butter

Effective use of an aging engine, upgraded to bring the 360 to it's knees. Plays as smooth as butter.

Incredible, the best of the Gears Trilogy

After playing the game from start to finish, I would have to say with my honest opinion that the game was absolutely incredible. Though very bloody and gory, just like the two before, Gears Of War 3 comes through and makes it's own name for itself with a fantastic story, brilliant characters and gameplay to match. I do recommend though that parents check out the game first if any of their children, 15 and under, want to play.

LUV THE GAME. But for kids?... well, its rated mature not because of the Age, but because you need to be mentally mature to play it.

I guess it really depends on who your kids are. Yeah, you can turn off the blood and gore but do your kids aren't dumb. They know a chainsaw would really decapitate a person. And don't get me wrong I'm a huge fan of the series and its innovative storyline, as well as smart mouth characters like Baird. But if you want to get this for your kids, turn off the strong language and gore when you go to the options menu. Caution, if you have rowdy kids that like fight or throw tantrums don't get it. Lol, it will only make them worse. Otherwise if your kids are well behaved and they aren't easily influenced, than shoot for the moon. But like I said in the title, theres a reason why they say the game is rated for a MATURE audience. Forget the age, it maybe cgi, but it looks real enough that it just might turn your stomach if your not used to seeing gorey movies/games.