Kid reviews for Gears of War 3

Gears of War 3 Poster Image

I love this game

I like the feature where you can turn the Languge/cursing & Gore off, my parents let me play this aslong as i keep the Cursing/languge off

good game.

this game is great but there is quite a lot of swearing and violence. not for younger children but suitable for children above 11 or secondary school (KS3) age or above.

Gears of war is awsome

First of all it is a great game. It has a lot of swearing. So if your kid is mature and you let them see violence and hear bad words a 11 year-old could play it, I started then.The game has a 4 player campaign, the only gears game from 1-4. It has multiplayer mini games including capture the flag, guardian, and the classic gung-ho shooter where you get 1 life and try to obliterate the enemy called warzone, good for quick matches. It has a all new mode called beast mode as well to that hasn't been seen in gears 1 or 2. In this game you play has the locust and can control characters such as tickers, the basic drone, corpser, and the mighty berserker. no lambent unfortunately.KEEP READING IF YOU WANT A SOMEWHAT SPOILER. In the last 2 games the COG's "gears" as the soldiers have been battling the locust threat. Not tiny bug like creatures, but rather human like scaly entities lead by their queen. They have been living underground for as long as humans have and have been peaceful until e-day (emergence day). They started attacking about the time a substance that burns well called emulsion and is commonly referred to as "miracle fuel". In gears 3 you battle locust like always. However emulsion has a negative side, for some reason it's turning locust into lambent, explosive mutated locust that hate locust too and in several scenes you'll walk on too a battlefield and see them shooting each other. Ever hear the saying the enemy of my enemy is my friend? Not true you can't make a alliance with the lambent or the locust. They will shoot you.

15+ for gore and blood

So my mom agreed to the series because of the gore filter and language filter.(Yes it's real) but as I got about 30 minutes into the game and the firefights began to start, I noticed the gore filter doesn't turn off all the gore, only when you shoot enemies. There was one place I went to to pick up a gun and there was a person on the ground with blood near it with no head and a brain on the ground. I thought this was a one time thing but I kept seeing bloody corpses everywhere. For that reason, I sold the game to Gamestop because I don't like violence. The language is not a problem with the filter on but the gore and blood is still a problem. I was disappointed by this game and don't think children under 15 should play this. The most violent thing even with the filter on is the chainsaw aliens part. Even with the filter on, the violence is still there and you can't shield anybody from that. Don't buy this game for young children.

Awesome

This game is really great. You can turn of filters so younger audience around 9-11 can play like me. If you use filters this would be A Teen rated game.

So I'm an owner of gears of war I got when I was 10 so just turn off mature content.

Excellent but extremely violent game for ages 15+

Gears of War 3 is an excellent but very gory third-person shooter game. The player plays as Marcus Fenix, a man in search of his lost father, and other COGS, people who fight evil alien races known as the Locust and the Lambent. Violence 10/10: Players will use shotguns, pistols, sniper rifles, mortars, machine guns and swords to kill thousands of alien, and in some modes, human enemies. Blood will visibly be shown when enemies are shot, and blood will begin to stain the walls and floor if the player is shot too many times. Stronger weapons may cause dismemberment if used at close range. Players also have the ability to perform a finishing move when enemies are injured, which may include tearing off limbs, decapitation, torching somebody's insides or crushing skulls. All of this is shown is realistic and graphic detail, but fortunately, this can be filtered out in the options menu. Language 8/10: Players will hear frequent and sometimes strong language within the game, including f--k, mother f--ker, sh-t, a-shole, a-s, b-tch, h-ll, d-mn, and crap. Like the violence, strong language can be filtered out (I must note that only stronger words like f-ck, sh-t, and b-tch will be filtered, but in rare occasions, one of those words may be slipped.) God's name is used in vain quite a bit. One female character says to a male character that she's going to "raise his voice an octave," which would be considered inappropriate in my family. Sexual content 2/10: Very little throughout the game. However, there is a scene where there is trading, in which women are included. Also, an alien character, who actually looks very humans, has a tight shirt, making her breasts rather noticable. However, it is not portrayed in a sexual way. Drugs/alcohol/smoking 1/10: One reference to "beer," but nothing more. Overall, an excellent game that I would recommend for ages 15+, due to extreme amounts of blood and gore, and frequent and strong language. If you are going to use the filters, I would recommend it for ages 13+.

Great game for kids when gore is turned off

Gears of War 3, what an amazing game! I have finished this game and think it is great, but down to the review. The game is extremely violent when the mature content is left on, but when the mature content (gore, coarse language) is turned off, then gears of war 3 can be a game that younger kids can enjoy, too. When gore is turned off, then the Halo franchise can be seen as a more violent game. But, if you have no problem with your child playing violent games, then by all means, get them this awesome game!

16&UP

gears 1 2 and 3 are for ages 16 and up, my dad doesn't even let me play he says its way to bloody

Gears of War 3

This is a very fun game but there is a very realistic blood and gore, including strong language like fu*k, sh*t, son of a bit*h and stuff like that. However in the options menu you can turn the blood and gore and strong language. Then it could probably qualify as a T rated game.