All parent member reviews for GoldenEye 007

Parent of a 9 and 11 year old Written bySand.1 November 26, 2012

The best FPS of its day.

This was the best FPS when it was released for the N64 and it still holds up today. I let my 9 year old play it, but it may not be for all 9 year-olds. The there is little to no blood, (flashes of barely visible red show when a character is hit) However players quickly learn to shoot for the head for the instant kill. This fact made me a little uneasy about allowing my 9 year-old to play.
Parent of a 11 year old Written byggbrooks1233 February 22, 2011

perfect for tweens

my son was asking for the Call of duty black ops. i said no way and he went in to a silent treatment and said that some people at his school were making fun of him. We agreed on this game and he loves it perfect game!!!!
Parent of a 8 year old Written byChris01 November 15, 2010

I have my doubts about this being an ON for 13, but then again, I'm not sure that it shouldn't be either.

You know, I really liked this game. It really was cool. The visuals were not bad at all (Though very cartoony, but hey, it's a Wii we're talking about here, no?). The game was really cool except for one or two missions that get a bit too hard (one of them is when Natalya has to deactivate the satellite while you have to protect her. She does that twice with hordes of enemies coming at you, and there are no checkpoints in between. But all in all, I will give it an 8 out of 10. Now, about my Common Sense Rating, that is what I give it, but I would really like to hear what other parents have to say. I guess it could be ON for 8 year olds given the fact that first of all, it looks cartoony, yeah A LOT of shooting, but nothing realistic. And the a$$, and *ell and *amn, well, they here A LOT worse at school from strangers and friends alike. So that to me would not be a big deal. I mean, boys love that kind of action, don't they? Besides I really find nothing too suggestive. For example, when Bond goes to the night club to find some dude, none of the dancers are suggestive, nor do you find drug use nor sex or anything like that. So, I have my doubts that this should be only "13" and up. But like I said, I would love to hear what other parents have to say because I will definetely change my mind with a logical and argument.
Parent of a 3, 9, and 12 year old Written byDa Nerd June 23, 2011

Good! :)

It is really fun to play on WiFi and it is really not that bad of a game. Small amount of blood comes out when you shoot a character close up... Some bad language like "ass" and I am not sure but I think I heard "cun*"
Adult Written byoobynooby1 December 18, 2010

Always for England!

I rented it for a week and I loved it. I loved the story, but there was a super hard part where you had to protect this girl while she deactivated the satelite. There was no cover and enemies rushed in from all sides. But the online was great. There were levels to rank, achievements to earn, guns and attatchments to unlock and much more. It's very much like Call of Duty from a structural point of view. Oh well. Back to a normal life.
Parent of a 11 and 13 year old Written bySokrr November 14, 2010

Very good game, for 11+...

My 13 year old asked for Call of Duty Black Ops for his Wii, but I said "No way!" This was a good replacement, as it is less violent, and has a lot less swearing. I would even let my 11 yer old play this! If she liked videogames that is...
Parent of a 11 year old Written bysafemom2 April 25, 2011

Good game for 10-13 year olds

I recently bought this game for my 11 year old child, and thought I might have to return it. When I looked at the gameplay online and on single player, I saw that it was nothing near Call of Duty in terms of language, amounts of violence, online interaction and messages. It is a great game, and will make your child happy.
Parent Written byjunkmail7997 July 17, 2012

Good game

Good game
Parent Written byjoe074 June 24, 2012

007 good fun fun

there's a tiny bit of violence, but it is a good game and everyone killed is a enemy militant.a little comic blood. worse language probs. used at kids school.
Adult Written byBrioCyrain May 6, 2012

Golden-game

One of the best Wii shooters...period. The only error was lack of AI bots in local MP, but everything else shines
Parent of a 8, 11, and 13 year old Written byJenwen June 22, 2011

Golden Eye 007

A very good game as you play as a famous charecter from the cold war known as james bond. I do not agree that this game is iffy for age 12. I have only seen blood in one part of the game and it was EXTREMELY hard to see.
Parent of a 10 year old Written byok12 April 2, 2011

Awesome for 10+ kids.

very good for 10 plus kids. As a parent first i said no to my 10 year old son. but then he showed me videos of it. I still thought it was violent. especially near my 6 year old son. But then we tried it out. there was graphic blood. Barley any bad words but i would not recommend it for a 8 or lower kid.
Parent of a 14 year old Written byrawrimadino November 10, 2010

Good for mature kids

it matters what you think of this game there is some of blood and some bad words in such as h*** if you think your kid or teen or even you can handle it it is a great game