All teen and kid member reviews for Grand Theft Auto IV: The Ballad of Gay Tony

Kid, 10 years old February 21, 2014

Fun, open world experience. Second best Grand Theft Auto game.

Not much nudity, if you tell your kids not to go to the strip club which is featured in the game, there is no sexual content, period. The violence is your choice. You don't have to. The language is only if you're taunting or playing the campaign. All of these things don't have to be in the game. No violence, sex or swearing. You can parachute and ride helicopters. Drugs and drinking are also optional.
Teen, 13 years old Written byP33lzHeer March 4, 2011

Most adult game in the world?

How can you say that this is not as bad as left 4 dead? the violence isnt too gory, but you can kill civillians and police man. there are sex scenes, plenty of swear words, and more unmentionable stuff. this is WAY not for children. I admit though, ive played it once and its a pretty good, and easy to play game.
Teen, 14 years old Written bygameboy12 April 21, 2013

GTA Eps from liberty city is o.k for 12 or 13 year olds

I think its a cool game. but i definitely think that the sex and the #! is bad, so what i do is make my son turn the volume way down and i get him through the sex and odd parts or make him come in the other room until its over. i say 12 or 13 year olds are o.k to play this game.
Teen, 17 years old Written byBranislavDJ March 20, 2011

e.g. Perfect for older kids, but not for babies

Like any other GTA,this GTA isn't exception. Pure masterpiece. 11/10 from me.
Kid, 10 years old September 18, 2013

very bad

This game is worse than saints row because there is a glitch where you have sex with a girl
Kid, 12 years old August 12, 2013

Hmm, I would think before playing

I bought GTA IV for PC in December of 2012 mainly to play LCPDFR, a popular modification that allows players to be a police officer. Just recently, I played Grand Theft Auto IV: The Ballad of Gay Tony as well as the main GTA IV, and they are both very obscene. Even my uncle (when he and I were playing and taking turns) said the language was just outrageous. My uncle does not know that I am educated about sex and he doesn't feel right when characters make sexual references. Which they do, A LOT, and that is the reason this game is slightly more obscene than the main GTA IV. Let's just go over some points here: Violence: There is a lot of violence in this game. However, I would not be concerned about violence, as there is not too much gore, and come on, with all that's going on in the world, you have to educate your child about violence and the way things work now. I, personally, am very against guns, and take no interest in them, however this game happens to use them. The graphics are not as realistic as some of the newer games, but some missions do involve a lot of gore, especially one mission in the main GTA IV, where the main character (Niko Bellic - a Russian who has come to Liberty City to live with his cousin) has to kill another character. When Niko Bellic pulls the trigger, the character is shot in the head, and blood does come squirting out of his eye, but if your child is mature enough, they should know that killing is a serious offense to religion and the law. Drugs: So far, The Ballad of Gay Tony isn't too bad with drug references. I'm on one of the missions slightly into the game and it doesn't look like there are many drug references in this iteration of Grand Theft Auto IV, and that's always a good sign, but again, you do need to educate your child on these things in life. If you are playing this, you are probably around 12-13+, so eventually you will have to be educated on those types of things. Language: This is AN IMMENSE issue with The Ballad of Gay Tony, I mean, it even says a slightly inappropriate word in the title! Of course, inappropriate for younger children. Characters in this game act like the only words they know are obscene ones. They also make lots of sexual references when speaking. For example, there is a mission where you need to take someone and his girlfriend back to where they live. Let's say the guy's name is Dave and the girl's name is Lucy. While they are in the car on the way to the house Lucy says "What the f**k is up with Dave? He bangs any p***y he can find!" or something along the lines of that. I just do not understand what Rockstar North were thinking when developing this game, even my uncle was saying he couldn't stand it! Otherwise, it's usually the normal swearing, but as long as your child doesn't get influenced then that's fine. I have not been influenced by the language in this game at all. I'm just how I was and I've been playing this for a while now. Sexual Content: Not too much other than language. There's more in the main GTA IV. Other than that, not too much to say!
Kid, 11 years old June 7, 2013

Awesome, but NOT for Kids

It's a very addicting game, since you can do what you want. Though, you can blow people's heads off, and get girls to *woo-hoo*. If you don't understand what I meant, this game isn't for you, kid (twerp, teen, whatever). But, if you are THE mature kid and can handle it, go ahead and play it; it's a great open world experience.
Teen, 13 years old Written byadz13 March 23, 2013

take the route 101, which is reading this review.

awesome game. i like the story and gameplay. i have played it before and i recommend it for kids 15 and above. only let them have it if theyre mature. also think of the sex and some of the languge ( eg- mother******). In terms of which is more appropriate, call of duty is less filled with the content.
Teen, 15 years old Written byBeavisandButthead March 16, 2013

Iffy for 13+ (teens)

I love this game
Teen, 15 years old Written bymattguy15 February 9, 2013

the ballad of gay tony ?

violenece language drinking and gay tony
Teen, 15 years old Written by-kill500- September 23, 2012

The video games for all

This game is brilliant the children sees worse has the television the blood is not too much advanced we just see a small bloodstain on the ground otherwise the sex is the drug and the foul language sound in kinematics can present this game is comparable has the godfather(sponsor), platoon
Teen, 15 years old Written bysnowboardsurfandcars March 12, 2011

Good game

Fun game, if your mature enough to know not to do this stuff in real life.
Teen, 14 years old Written byhaha_wait_wat September 7, 2010

Awesome Game

Love this game! Also to all the parents that want too boycot the games, why dont you not buy them instead
Teen, 13 years old Written byEPICGUY8181 April 11, 2016
Adult Written bySuperSaiyanNinjaBri October 6, 2015

Listen Dumb Parents

Listen up jerks, this game has a rating, ya know. Just look at the darn rating. And to the guy who rated it 2 and up, that's not true. It doesn't teach kids ABC's. It teaches them how to kill, and to have sex with a girl up and down. So parents, THIS. IS. A. ADULT. GAME.
Teen, 14 years old Written bymad gamer October 28, 2014

live the gangster party lifestyle in this game

The game is about a assisstent to a nightclub owner who always gets in trouble with powerful criminals and you have to clean up his mess you have to keep your in debt mother from a dangerous loan shark you have to drug deal with your best friends is this a game you want a kid playing no you have to be a mature teen who understands the dangers of crime and who will not commit crime in real life drug use is also high in one cutscene a group of main charcters are sitting on a couch high laufing their heads off for no reason
Kid, 12 years old April 13, 2014

i dont think people ever even play the games!

how would you like it if someone randomly beat you up, shot you and then jacked your car?
Teen, 13 years old Written bydrdeafult October 5, 2013

overated

Its not as bad as they say , beacuse most peapole want this game so they can blow up stuff and jump off of buldings not have sex
Teen, 13 years old Written byjarthur November 24, 2012

You have to be an adult

Its really not for kids but some 17 year olds are mature enough to play it and not express it outside the game.
Teen, 13 years old Written byCovertOps99 October 13, 2012

Good GTA game

The Ballad of Gay Tony is amazing! In this game there are a lot more things to do then in GTA IV. First of all there are all the vechicles in GTA, but there are some more that are added, such as a mini helicopter. There are more side missions to do than in GTA IV, such as base jumping from the top of the Triangle Building(Empire State Buildiing). There are a lot of weapons in this game including: baseball bats, pistols, grenades, RPGs, and rifles. This game also has including some real cars including the Dodge Viper, Porshe 911, Hummer, Aston Martin Vanquish, and Ferrari 360. This game has a lot of sexual content including over 3 stripclubs and bootycalls.