All parent member reviews for Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories

Adult Written byCSM Screen Name... April 9, 2008

Shame on the makers of this game!!!!

This game should be taken off the shelves of stores!!! i know it says 17 and older that does not prevent some parents from buying this for their children only to let thism play this! this game includeds violence, running people over, shooting people and to get your life replenished you must go out and get a hooker! This is a horrible game and what does it teach our youth?? it teaches them violence and how to disrespect women at a young age. I understand thos is for grownups but what is to stop an older sibling from letting their smaller sibling from playing it?? It sends a very bad message and only hurts society! Get the GAME off the shelves before it damages our youth anymore!!! Horrible game and should have never been made!!!
Parent of a 8 and 12 year old Written bymeman February 16, 2013

it all depends on the kid

teens should know not to commit crimes in real life. and tweens dont play the missions or go to the strip club, where the explicit content comes from. they just play darts, pool,drive cars, fly helicopters and date. just make sure they dont let younger siblings play it. not for little kids, iffy for tweens, fine for older teens.
Parent Written byAhmedIbrahim12372 April 7, 2012

NOT FOR KIDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Adult Written byHollow April 9, 2008

Great game!

The beautiful thing about the GTA series and what made it so popular is that it gives you the freedom to do whatever you want, go where you want, as many times as you want and in whatever style you want. If you teach you children what is right and wrong there should be no problems in real life. Its a game. Teach them that and it will stay that way.
Adult Written byGamer gt500 April 9, 2008

Great game even for kids

This game is one of those games that people write things about to make it sound like its bad.but the game is a great way to take out anger.If you are like me and you have a strict boss and you come home every day stressed out and angry play GTA beacause you can do what ever you want which takes out stress and anger. I Have three young boys they play it everyday and they are perfectly fine.
Parent Written byethanh October 19, 2015

You're kid going into his early teens should explore/not for girls.

This game is for you and you're kids, they'll most likely favorite the ballad of gay tony, seeing how today's world treats gays. There's too much of everything, so let your child explore while, at the same time, warping his mind.
Adult Written bygangbanga911 April 9, 2008

EXcellent game, Terrible for kids

I said it, you know it. The GTA games have been made by adults, for adults. And LCS is no different. It contains Violence (which is not the worst part of this game) Extremely bad language, and deeply sexual content. Even though you have most likely heard the conceivable stories, let me put out the concepts from it. A man returns home, there are italians, there is alot of swearing, there is much pervertedness, and there is violence, lots and lots of violence. But in the end you have a game that is deeply addictive, and yes IT IS NOT FOR KIDS!!!!!!!!
Adult Written byTrue Review September 2, 2010

It depends

well if the kid is mature or not my adopted son got it you can i repeat can have sex but i mean your kid probably won't do that its ok for mature kids 10 and up if not 15 and up.
Adult Written byCyborgPenguin1 April 9, 2008

Fine for my age; as long as no one takes it as an example.

Italian mafia = violence, drugs, guns, cars, etc. etc. . Movies with such content is occasionally a thrill; you know. The chasing...the suspence? Well this time we can be IN that thrill. But...just like a movie...it should be treated as nothing more then an escape from reality. Seriously...I'm not going to go out, buy some guns, mug people, and steal some cars...to drive WHEREEVER I feel like with barely ANY COPS CARING. . . . It's just not real. Biggest issue might be urging to swear; buuutt again. It's just as of it were watching a mafia movie.
Adult Written bydarinh April 9, 2008

Let's be honest here...

Ok, so there have been big headlines about the games and a so-called "Hot Coffee" modification. The game, as it's released, without modification should be rated Mature. However, due to the existence of run-time altering devices like GameShark, it's possible to alter the game to include parts that may or may not have been part of the original game plan. I've played this game myself, and find the freedom to live a criminal life interesting--but I have the ability to distinguish between fiction and reality. Even if the sexual nature of the game did not exist, you're still shooting cops, committing crimes, and participating in gang-related activity. This game is not for the impressionable.
Adult Written byBuzz April 9, 2008
Parent of a 5, 13, and 18+ year old Written byGameHelper January 19, 2009

People All Say

When your playing a game you need to remember it's not real life.People take the GTA series like its the most graphic game in America.It's not on the list of most graphic games of all time GTA was number 23 out of 25.It's not that bad of a game.So if your kid wants it go get it remember it's just a game.
Adult Written byGamesandMovieReview November 13, 2011

This game is fine.

Really, when children get their hands on this game, they will do the missions? No, and that's where all the explicit content comes from. No, they just drive the cars around the city and will only do the missions to get a new island, but won't pay attention to what is happening.
Parent of a 10 year old Written bycool guy 77 December 16, 2010

i think its ok for kids 11 and up

i think if your kid is a smart kid he should be ok like he knows he should stay out of strip clubs.
Parent of a 13 year old Written byvbzvcb October 12, 2009

again mild for gta

suggestive themes, violence, blood, strong language
Adult Written byHoot April 9, 2008

Good - NOT FOR KIDS

I was pleased to see the in the kids reviews, a few of them said they hated the violence, adults like me have no prblem, but it is a great game, it would just be so good without the violence, so kids could play it too, there is a lack of non-linear free roaming kids games
Educator and Parent of a 12 year old Written bymaryparent123 September 21, 2013

amazing game

it's not as bad as it seems!
Parent Written byJohn Blake July 31, 2012

If there 11 years old and up AND ARE MATURE AND MENTALLY STABLE its okay for them!

I bought this game for my son and hes 13. He was begging me practicaly for it and I decided to suprise him on his birthday and gave it to him. Let me tell you that all you on this site are over-protective. Kids need fun in there lives and in this generation, this is kid fun. As long as your kid is not 8 years old and asking for it, just get it. Its pretty cheap too! If you got an 11 year old or up and they really want it, just let them have it. Chances are 99.99% of kids that play it wont become sycopathic. If your child is 11 and up, MATURE AND MENTALLY STABLE its ok for them.
Parent Written by1Alfie1 March 8, 2016

Fun for Nearly all Ages

I think this game is fine for kids as there is no sexual cutscenes and no strip clubs. All kids really want to do is have an open world experience and if they do hit/shoot someone in the game the cops will nearly always arrest them so it shows that, that has consequences + it takes away $100. My Two kids play it (7 and 11) and they have never been sent to the principals office.
Adult Written bydarthsitkur May 10, 2016

There's a million stories in liberty city, this one changes everything

i like this better than GTA 3, Toni Cipriani's Story Point of view is a lot cooler than Claude's point of view and he's a much cooler character too, there's also more highlights as well. Liberty City Stories is fun, gritty, sarcastically funny, and highly recommended if you enjoyed goodfellas, the godfather 1 and 2, or the sopranos, or all three, there's nonstop action, great voice acting, blood and guts, and dry humor. it's worth the 7 buck price tag