Parent reviews for Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas

Violent, open-world, do-anything mature adventure.

Parent of a 17-year-old Written bySircjalot July 24, 2018

GTA San Andreas (2004) San Andreas takes place in within city called Los Santos "which is a fictional version of L.A." The 1990s was the most violent time to live in L.A as well!

This game is very violent. You can free roam around the cities and kill anybody you want. You can even kill people in brutal ways such as, setting them on fire, chopping their heads off with a sword, slit their throats with a knife, blow off their heads with a shotgun or sniper rifle, you even cut through people with a chainsaw! And then the swearing... This gta game probably has the most uses of the F word & N word than any other gta game! So many offensive things are said throughout the game. There is quite a lot of sexual themes in here. You can go to strip clubs, pay for a hooker, wear a sex suite, have sex with your girl friend, and even use a dildo as a weapon... So far we know that this is not suitable to for children, but I am just gonna add this in. There is strong drug use throughout this game. Some characters smoke pot, some use cocaine, some drink alcohol etc. I recommend only 17-18 and up.

Parent of a 8 and 12-year-old Written byLaurie Marron December 23, 2013

Try It Out

OK this game has bad things in it im not gonna lie. But it is very easily avoidable. My son is 12 years old and he has this game. I watched him played this game for about 1 week. Only concern is blood. but if you let your son or daughter play call of duty or battlefield this game is fine. I make my son turn down the volume when he plays the game because of profanity. I saw a video of sex online. I researched it for a while and i found out you had to download something off the computer to get it. I was very afraid of this game when i first bought it. After a while you realize that the game is not as bad as the others. I returned GTA 5 immediately after i saw content online. My son was upset, but he understood. I sometimes play this game with my son. Really to see if i missed anything. This game is VERY misjudged. Give it a try and see what happens. There are strip clubs and other things of that sort. But if your child is mature enough to stay away it will be fine. If you have a tween or a teen you should definitely get this for them. The graphics of this game are not good so it is just a fun game.

Adult Written byAnonymos June 26, 2019
Adult Written byFessoy Eba September 22, 2018

Awesome

It is pretty good and your kids should stay away from the sex and strip clubs. If they are mature they should get it. It is really fun!

Parent of an infant and 12-year-old Written byDoug R. May 22, 2018

its a good game for mature audiences

its only bad if children do bad things, i let my 12 year old play it when he was 5, he is well behaved. it is sooo fun

Adult Written byWill Q. August 27, 2017

EVERYONE JUST CALM DOWN

guys, in order to have sex in the game, you have to download it from the web! i honestly let my kids play Call of Duty and Battlefield and sometimes i play it with them sometimes because i think it's just dumb how everyone cares about fictional violence and blood. why are you so freaked out about blood? we all have it inside our bodies. surely you've scaped yourself or had some flu shots and saw your own blood right? the violence is fictional and studies have shown that fictional violence does not cause violent behavior. It's just stupid how today's parents are overprotective. If your kids attend intermediate school or higher, they've already gotten used to hearing cuss words at school.
Parent of a 9-year-old Written byJohn S. June 23, 2017

An Educational Game!!

This game has a very good learning curve to guiding your child on the path to different routes in life. Especially for younger kids, it can teach them about the female body and what prostitution is like. But I do think the game displays some bad things such as paying a lot of in-game cash for weapons, I believe the weapons should be easy to access for the player. Overall very great and educational game about what life is like in San Andreas as a gangster, thug, man.

Adult Written byChase A. December 9, 2016

This game is AWESOME!

This is fine for tweens ages 11+ BECUASE besides from the violence the only sex is the strip club witch all it shows is a girl in a bikini so it is fine for kids!!

Adult Written bysimpsonsfan22 February 23, 2016

Great game

Gta sa is Great I love it so cool you will love it

Parent of a 13-year-old Written bypiggylover42 December 28, 2013

GTA

Overall a great game for all ages.

Adult Written bymrbob April 9, 2008

Official Most Violent Game Ever

Everything bad you could think of plus the worst of the violence as it could get, also being done for no reason.
Adult Written byGameris March 22, 2021

This game cool easy to play but bad language so its +10 its better than gta 5 i play it 3 years but in mobile its should be + 18 in laptop or pc ok nothing +18

Fun.

Adult Written bykianna_kiva827 February 6, 2021
My 6 year old loves it and is not scared
Adult Written byFChMaster September 15, 2020

Great game, that every video game fan should know.

I rate this 15+ but i've played this when i was 7. There is nothing bad if kid will play this game, but as a parent you should help him to understand this game. Some people will tell you this is too brutal, and there are sex shops, stript clubs etc. But this is only optional thing to see. If you will ignore this optional stuff, and look little dipper into this game, there is really good story. Even 11-13 years old kid can play this, but he will not understand everything alone.

Adult Written byBrutford April 6, 2020

I am good at the game

I am reponbile

Adult Written byEazy Mario March 5, 2020
I play this game at age 13 and it still in my top twenty favorite games

Adult Written byJadz December 9, 2019

I’m sticking with 17

Yea u get it it’s a old game (it was made in 2004) and it’s not as “BAD” as newer games it still is not for anyone under 17 because yea there is strip Clubs and yes there is Nudity in the ps2 game and ps3 game they use drugs on a daily basis in the game a lot of the characters love the N word so do the cops there is cussing every minute of the game so yea 17+ not for kids

Adult Written bysml fan August 23, 2019

PS2 version +18

PS2 version +18 but the newer version +15

Adult Written byBothnianReviews February 4, 2019

Gta games are not intended for kids.

The expert reviewer is completely right on this title, none of the GTA games are intended for kids. In this game you take a part of gang in style of "crips" and "bloods" you perform a lot of criminal activity playing as "C.J" this involves killing people, spraying the walls with your tags etc - i think this particular title has a lot of potential to influence kids because of the "gang culture" like spraying your tags and being part of a street gang. I did play this as a kid, but would not recommend it to people under 16 years of age. Language should not be your primary concern in a game where you play as a violent criminal - Written by a young adult man who actively plays games.
Parent Written byNathan P. March 12, 2018

People to know

People need to realise that letting kids play these games will mentally effect them in so many ways that make them do things to do with the game in real life I recommend that 18s or older only should be the ones playing the games not children.

Privacy & Safety