Kid reviews for Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas

Violent, open-world, do-anything mature adventure.

Teen, 17 years old Written bybradeblo3 February 29, 2016

This Game is Terrific!

This game was really something! The best game in the Grand Theft Auto series! Things to watch out is the profanity. Almost every cut scene has the F-word and especially the N and B word. Even While your driving, CJ swears all the time! But it is okay if you turn down the volume and turn of the subtitles in cut scenes. The violence in this game is overrated. If you think about it, all it is is a blood puddle and unrealistic dead body. There is strip clubs, sex toys, and hookers that can have sex with you! My solution is: This is a open-world, sandbox game! If your child is mature enough and has common sense not to got to these place, Then get the game for them! This game is amazingly fun and addictive!

Teen, 13 years old Written byXx that one bro Xx December 1, 2016

I love going into Chunky cheese and causing mayhem lol

This game is a Classic you should want ur kids to play this game!! Amazing game got me hooked on my PlayStation for the past 10yrs!! By the way chunky cheese is awsome lol
Teen, 14 years old Written byMrReviewG00D April 30, 2020

this game is awesome

I played this game around the age of 6 (without audio so i couldnt hear swearing) and its amazing, its really fun. There are mild sexual stuff you can find but they not graphic in anyway. Being a west coast gangsta is lit

Teen, 13 years old Written byXXGamer06XX March 28, 2020

Middle Schoolers

By middle school kids probably already have heard or use this language. The nudity is nonexistent. The violence is a pool of blood everyone has seen blood before

Kid, 11 years old November 28, 2019

GTA San Andreas

Ok so there is no online so don't worry about that i think it is good but 1 character smokes pcp and it is shown the cursing mostly f bombs and the s word sometimes the infamous "N" word

Teen, 16 years old Written byKatinasuHD July 20, 2017

The best game for OpenWorld, Adventure and GTA fans!!!!!!!!!!!!

You, probably a boy, can already play this game with 13 years, just don't mind all the minor brutal looking things.
To all parents: It's just a game!
My goal to play this game was the size of the map and all the features and an excellent story of course! When I started playing this game, it changed my way of creating stories by myself in a positive way!
The story is just excellent! If somebody will ever take the brutality out, this game should be played in all schools!!!!!

Teen, 14 years old Written byTheTruth... September 21, 2016

Detailed Review, just the truth (a bit too long by the way...)

Actually, I see that the game is a bit overrated by CommoonSenseMedia. If we look a bit around, we can see that people tell us that Call of Duty Black Ops is okay for a 13+, but some people tell me that GTA San Andreas is 18+. It's just insane, it doesn't really depend on the age, it depends on the level of maturity. Let's see the story... The main protagonist is Carl Johnson who comes home from Liberty City (actually New York, just fantasy name) after five years, because his mother has been murdered by some enemy gang called Ballas. The protagonists of the game are mostly against drugs, you have to hunt down crack dealers to clean your hood. The game is more like a journey, after you and your gang came to the top, suddenly your brother gets to jail, and the main antogonists (2 corrupt police officers) take you to the countryside and tell you to stay away from the ones who betrayed you, and from them. You meet later a hippy, who you work for, then (drug reference...) you pay him for weed (probably your character is really stressed out). Later you make connections in San Francisco, take out a crack lab. Take out the Loco Syndicate, they are involved with the drugs. You meet a government agent who you do jobs for (good purposes). Then later you kill the anotogonists. You also work for triads, who are mostly benign. The story is mostly about perspectives of different levels of the community. Compared to newer games, the violenct content is far less, and there are mods to remove the blood.

Now the multiplayer... it's a lot of fun after you get bored of the singleplayer, there is a lot of cursing ofcourse, non-censored.
There is also a little sexual content, like dildos, hookers. But there are a lot of nice servers and game modes that are fun to play even after years.

So in conclusion, the game requires a level of maturity, multiplayer has no violent scripted scenes so it is okay for 10+ single player is okay for a mature 13-14 years old and up.
I hope my review helped others, just told the facts, the game is fun to play, but singleplayer is not suitable for younger kids.

Regards

Teen, 14 years old Written by[email protected] November 2, 2014

San Andreas

Parents need to know that this game is not for kids

Teen, 16 years old Written byMasakovske May 13, 2021

Does it make your kid crazy after playing this?

No. Not at all. First time I've played this game was when at the age of 4. Mainly I was driving around, but rarely I was killing people. I mean, it wasn't necessary if you don't complete the game's missions. Missions are tough to find for a little kid that is under 10 or something, but if he does find it he will immediatelly skip the cutscenes since it'll be too boring for him to watch a guy walking around the house and doing some stuff he can't understand yet. The only real problem is swearing, really. I did learn English swear words pretty easily and I wasn't even a native speaker at the age of 4-5. If your kid doesn't speak English, it'll be probably fine (if the subtitles are turned off as well) but I still would be careful about it.

Anyway, the game brings so much fun and possibilities you can't even imagine. If a kid is pissed about something, probably killing some people in this game will help him release his steam out. It's better for him to kill people here, than in real life (if you will tell him the difference of course).

By the way, drugs are shown in this game a lot, BUT they're shown in a really bad way. Protagonist and his friends (not the ones who betray him later on) usually are against drugs (they still are ok with smoking stuff and drinking alcohol). The story will be educational for the teen if you will help him understand how bad drugs are and if you show him what they can do to people even in the game.

Kid, 11 years old May 6, 2021

Try ppsspp to play gta san Andreas

This game is good but I want to download ppsspp play!
I really have to tell my mom

Teen, 16 years old Written bygg4534535 May 23, 2020

Let Check out what happend the game brutal.

But Even is Blood pool. but it's not Kids/teen?/Child?
but Let Teen Played this game.
Kids is not age for him.
But. Only Adult or Teen age 13-12-14-16-18 all the Gta's.
but my mom she watching me because is blood
My mom she said
Mom: No blooding Shooting!
me: idc
Nah. is a fun.
but Even Sex?
i never see that week ago?

Teen, 13 years old Written bymax_fireson April 11, 2020

The following game is suitable for ages 12 and up

The game is only suitable for teens, adults and mature kids

Teen, 14 years old Written byDavid F April 7, 2020

Best GTA

To be straight up, the graphics kind of suck. I mean, the game is originally from the nineties, but this doesn’t taint the gameplay. I have played this game a ton, and the graphics are bad enough so it isn’t 15 or 16+. Sure, there is quite a bit of drug use, and shootings, and gang activity, and drinking, and shooting, and blowing up cars, and stealing and shooting, but the game is super fun. If I were a parent, I wouldn’t be overly concerned if my kids played this, just because the graphics are bad. I don’t know about anyone else that played or plays this, but you get so immersed and connected to the characters, (in a good way, because the story is good), that it makes the game that much better.

Teen, 17 years old Written byJohn A. March 25, 2020

Rated 18 (strong bloody violence, very strong language).

SEX/NUDITY - There is the option to have sex with prostitutes in a car, however there is no detail whatsoever and the actual act is only implied. There are also some strong verbal and visual sex references, including sight of sex toys and some BDSM references. VIOLENCE/GORE - There is frequent strong bloody violence throughout, although heavily animated and somewhat unrealistic by today's standards. The violence also occasionally dwells on cartoonish gore effects. The player has the opportunity to stab, punch, slash, shoot, and burn people with various weapons, as well as run them over with your vehicle or blow them up with bombs and rocket launchers. PROFANITY - There is pervasive strong language ("f*ck", "motherf*cker"), as well as infrequent use of very strong language ("c*nt"). There is also frequent use of milder terms ("n*gga", "sh*t", "b*tch" etc). DRINKING/DRUGS/SMOKING - Many drug references throughout, as well as some scenes of drug misuse (marijuana). THREAT/HORROR - There are many intense sequences throughout. Some elements of the gameplay and narrative could be considered disturbing.

18 - Suitable only for persons aged 18 years and over. Contains very strong content, and is recommended for playing by adults only.

Teen, 15 years old Written byMrenderkid January 13, 2020

Great game and its not that bad

Common sense is overreacting im 15 and this game is not that bad content wise

Sure theres tons of swearing and the violence is very mild with just some blood shown and theres clubs you can go into but its optional and i cant go in them

The game is fun, the graphics are great for the ps2, the story and characters are great and its an overall great game

Teen, 14 years old Written byDavidthereviewer23 December 1, 2019

DEFINITELY NOT FOR KIDS!!TEENS ONLY

everyone thinks this game is one of the best they'd ever played and made but this game is not for kids teens only because this game has a lot of F words and has gansgta violence and lots of drugs i remember when i was about 10 years old playing this game and my dad took it away because he knew that this game had a lot of F words so i wouldn't
play this game and there's also a lot of sex and nudity as well i recommend this game for teens and not for kids because it has over 100 F words just like GTA V does.

Teen, 15 years old Written byDR.Mantas August 13, 2019

GTA San Andreas

I Personally Think Gta San Andreas Is A Fine Game As Long As You Avoid A Couple Things , It Does Include Strip Clubs And That But , It's Quite Rare To Encounter Them Unless You Finish All The Missions ,
It Does Contain A Lot Of Violence But This Could Be Easily Changed On GTA San Andreas PC edition with A mod , and everything else bad about the game could also be changed with a mod , but cuss words , violence ,and sex related stuff , besides from that it's good. (again, everything thats not suitable for your child could be changed on a pc)

Teen, 16 years old Written byStarTrekerYT0 June 19, 2019

There’s like a min age and a age I’d recommend

The age I put up top I’d say that’s a min. Why would I say at least 15? Because yes it has violence and other games do but gta is actually a different kinda violence then like call of duty and. This is how it’s diffrent in a game like call of duty your still killing people in the game but in gta the idea of the game is being a criminal and that makes it diffrent nevertheless I’d say u would have to be at least 15 to play and I’d recommend the age of 18

Teen, 17 years old Written bydrubie19 December 26, 2017

Not for anyone

You really shouldn't let your child play this it is violent and sexual. It has a lot of nudity along with lots of drugs.

Teen, 13 years old Written byToonsip November 7, 2016

GTA SA

Good game but a lot of adult themes