All parent member reviews for Guild Wars: Factions

Parent of a 1 year old Written byusaf1a8xx January 27, 2009

Great game for people 13-99!!!!!

I own all 4 Guild Wars installments and they are fun, imaginitive, have great graphics, and are very immersive! A must own in my opinion. The game does allow you to remove your armor and walk around in underwear. The chat channel allows people to talk freely, but you can set your chat filter to maximum and block any curse words or questionable words. You can also change "districts" in a city to avoid people cursing, or block their individual communications entirely. There is a report feature for obscene language built into the game too. Basically it is very easy to keep the game clean for yourself by easily avoiding vile people. Great teambuilding and friendmaking venue too. I definitely recommend!
Adult Written bysoccer girl7 April 9, 2008

Hey I haven't played this

Um i haven't played this, and I don't own it. I was just wonderin if the next reviewer could tell me if u have 2 play online w/ other ppl online, cuz my dad will prob say no if u have to play w/ other people, and also if u can like talk 2 the other ppl (if htere r) kk, Thanx
Adult Written byNakkii April 9, 2008

I Also Play this game extensively

I personnaly love this game. I haven't gotten into a good computer game in years. However this is something to be careful of, it does have a built in IM so the kids do talk to each other. There are a few *immature* groups that like to take off thier clothes (only down to underwear) and dance. Fortunately my kids have also expressed disgust with this behavior and ignore them or change districts. The Game is global so the people you chat with can be from anywhere, the game also promotes team work, most quests require more than one person once you reach the second level.
Adult Written byTwilight April 9, 2008

Awesome for kids 13+

Aside from characters having odd names...which I would rather not mention this game is pretty fun. Absolutely no "Hacks" where you can reduce your character to having nothing on. Violence is not an issue, Language..as with all online games there may be a few colorful words here and there. Most quests require team work to get the job done. The PvP is a little annoying at times in "Random Arenas". For example a group of players entering at the same time to create a balanced team. HEroes Ascent battles can be frustrating if you don't have a high rank or "Ventrilo" which enables you to verbally communicate with other players. Other than these few problems this game is awesome.