All parent member reviews for Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock

Adult Written bywarren112 April 9, 2008

Music is great. Dual career mode is great group fun.

I play this game with my son. The dual career mode requires 2 guitars. Some songs are only unlocked in dual career mode. Both my son and I are enjoying playing this game. We can either play against each other or play together (one on lead guitar and the other on base). It is a lot of fun for both newbies and gets better as you get experienced. Fun for a group of people.
Adult Written bynothappywiththis April 9, 2008

Sad

Wake up parents, do you not see the 666 in the background on this game? Do you really want your children jamming to the Beast and the Harlet? Check out the background next time. Satan will use any avenue he can to expose himself to our children. It is a shame that this had to be put in this game. We will not allow it in our home! The devil has no place here!
Parent of a 10 and 15 year old Written byreidh December 9, 2014

A good game!

I think this game is fine for 8 and up half the time they won't pay attention to the people on the screen because they'll be watching the chords so much and not the people, and some might not pay attention to the lyrics!
Adult Written byTimTheTVGuy October 20, 2012

ROCK OUT!

I love this game.I enjoy the endorphan-rushing rock n roll music in this game! I LOVE THIS GAME!
Adult Written byilikemusik23 January 1, 2010

Best Guitar Hero game!

This is deffintly the best of the 5 guitar hero games with a great soundtrack and the online play is a nice addition to the game too. The songs are not too explicit besides a few where swear words are blanked out (In The Belly Of A Shark is an example). There is nothing to be worried about in the game and the most suggestive thing is when dances come out and dance somewhat suggestively on stage. VERY VERY FUN GAME!
Parent of a 14 year old Written byjacob0929 July 7, 2009

gh3 rocks

good but some sex innuendos and some mild language (think d word or a word)
Parent of a 13, 14, 16, and 16 year old Written bygamesrater55 July 5, 2009

Best video game to even be created.I beat it on expert.

This game is the most fun and simple- to-play music game there is to buy.With songs like "Barracuda","Welcome to the Jungle",and "Rock you like a hurricane". This game gives kids the chance to learn new songs we adults liked from the past.I rememberd when I saw Guns & Roses in concert and they were playing "Welcome to the Jungle" that rocked my soul all night long.For adults this game lets us relive those old classic days with each live performance recorded and put into the game.Must by for adults and/or kids.And the only reason I suggested 7 and up is because there are female characters in skimpy and scantily clad clothing.
Adult Written byhomer2 April 9, 2008

very fun game.

the game is a very fun and challenging game to play.
Adult Written byTwilight April 9, 2008

Fun Guitar Game

Guitar Hero III is extremely fun, it can get repetive though once you get all the songs, and when i tried to play online there were no games up.
Adult Written bygamephreak April 9, 2008

Adult Written byRavenRacing April 9, 2008

Rock This Town

Very good game, noticable improvements from previous 'Guitar' Titles, nice song selection; which might do young children some good to hear 'older music'.
Adult Written bysupermom66 April 9, 2008

Adult Written byJShaffield April 9, 2008

Satanic Undertones Destroy a Great Game

I enjoyed playing this game with my 9 year old son. The beginning of the game features a great mix of music, ranging from classic rock to grunge to more contemporary collections. The game spirals quickly into a complete set of satanic rock songs that you are playing for the devil in hell, trying to reclaim your soul. Song selections on this level are not appropriate for children to listen to or play along with. The game may now find itself in the trash. Be careful parents- you can't just watch the beginning of games to figure out where they end up.
Adult Written byahota2505 April 9, 2008

Adult Written byDexterSmith April 9, 2008

Rockin' game fine for mature preteens and up

Sexual Content (Pause): Songs contain some sexual innuendo. Characters wear revealing outfits. Violence (Not an Issue): None. Language (Pause): Two written uses of the s-word, but they're blanked out (you can still guess what they are). Social Behavior (Pause): Glamorizes the rockstar lifestyle - drinking, ruining hotel rooms, and more. Commercialism (Pause): Gibson guitars, Ernie Ball strings, Paste magazine, and the Pontiac truck. Drug/Alcohol/Tobacco (Pause): Many references to drinking, and the band plays in bars. Educational Value (On): Gives you an idea of how to play the guitar.
Adult Written byfigueroa April 9, 2008

Do you like rock songs? If you do then guitar hero 3:ledgens of rock is for you.All you have to do is pick up the guitar controler and press the button at the same time switch a switch to strum.In carrer play as 13 different charachters. complete 5songs or a boss song.one of my favorite bosses is Tom morrelo.Also one of favorite songs is through the fire and flames by Dragonforce.Guitar hero 3 is for 8+.you will like it like me.
Adult Written byMcShorty57 April 9, 2008

Adult Written bydogman33 April 9, 2008

Best game ever great for kids

I played this game with one of my children and was absolutly stunned that they rated this game teen. It was better rated e for EVERYONE. I recomend that all people with kid age 8-20 buy this game.
Adult Written byajjesh April 9, 2008

Good

This is a good game, aside from some of the songs and images portrayed. I say get to know your child first before buying it for him/her. Yes you do play in hell and have to battle for your soul in story mode, but you do have an option to not play story mode. Either that or explain to your child what is right and what is wrong before setting them free on this game. There's songs for everyone in this game, and people with the Xbox 360 can get more songs as they please, so parents if you want your child to play more age appropriate music, download the songs you want them to play. I'll say it again, theres songs for everyone in this game.