Kid reviews for Halo 3

Well-made series finale too violent for kids.

Kid, 12 years old August 14, 2010

my 6 year old brother has more commen sense than commen sense.

at the beggining of the review, it said that you must use force to save humanity from the aliens. HOW ELSE ARE YOU SUPPOSE TO DO IT! DEMOCRATIC DISSCUSION?
Teen, 16 years old Written byHennex January 2, 2011

Don't let the M rating fool you

Whhat else are you supposed to do when aliens are trying to commit genocide on the human race, take it with a (soon to be blown off) grin? That being said, this game probably does deserve an M rating. It is a VERY tame M, but the violence and blood from both humans and aliens is just enough where the ame doesn't seem appropriate for a T rating. Plus, the aliens are somewhat intimidating themselves, and the pure aggretion shown from characters is a little much. The story is very well done though, and graphics are amazing. If your kid is relativly mature, this game shouldn't be too much of a worry. Compared the Grand Theft Auto and Call of Duty, this game is nothing. It is more of a fantasy adventure. The violence is in no way the main point of the game, and it's too fast moving to be a prevelant factor anyways. It's a great game, legendary for the Xbox 360, and violence shouldn't be a huge turn-off for this game.

Kid, 12 years old July 8, 2015

Halo 3 one of the best

First, common sense media needs to understand they can't rate a game based off online communications, Microsoft can't control that, second the violence is not as bad as they say yes it is rated M but a lot of ppl say it should be rated T, I'm one of those ppl, Halo 3 is one of the best in the series it is suitable for kids over 12

Ease of Play
Teen, 15 years old Written byJack O September 18, 2011

Not as violent as it seems

You people are too overprotective. Just tell your kids not to swear, and punish them if they do. Swearing is not bad for kids if they don't know what the words mean. My brother plays this game, and he has never sworn, has never been scared or disgusted by the game, and has never became violent. (He does get upset and throw tantrums, but he's always done that, since he was two). I think kids shouldnt play multiplayer untill they are around ten, but that is just because there is a lot more swearing online. The "blood" loogs like paint, and is green and blue.

Teen, 13 years old Written byhalo nerd August 4, 2010

This game is not nearly bad as it seems.

Seriously; Common sense media never looks at their games they rate. I came here mostly to correct you. Like protective parent said, the claim that humans never tried peacful means with the covenant is false. On reach, they tried to send spartans to make a treaty, but apparently the covenant mindlessly follow 'Gods' that say humans should die. Next, the only noticable blood/gore is shooting someone without shields up close (by then you'd beat them down anyways, which has no blood), or the flood, which I'm surprised you didn't mention. I'll admit they freaked me out for a bit, but I got over it. And the flood is programmed to kill, so no peaceful options there either. Overall, I played this with my eight year old cousin without problem. Just try to skip the flood for the younger ones even though they're a vital part of the story.
Kid, 12 years old December 7, 2011

read it

this game is better than halo reach because i like the classic graphics more than the modern graphics on halo reach P.S read my review on halo reach
Teen, 13 years old Written byTheSleepyHollow February 21, 2011

13 or older, welll.........

its a great game and a great climax, i truly believe it is more of a high T instead of a low M. games like gears of war and Call Of Duty Black Ops deserve the M rating not Halo

Kid, 11 years old March 24, 2012

Its not bad

Honestly, I don't even know why its rated M. I own skate and its rated T. Skate has blood and gore, crude humor, Language, and use of tobacco and drugs. All Halo 3 has is Blood and gore, mild language, and use of tobbaco and drugs. Sure there are some people online that use bad language but you can mute them. Its not like your shooting people, your shooting aliens with no gore and barely any blood.

Teen, 14 years old Written byRunescapeFan September 13, 2009

Mature 10 year olds allowed

I am 10 and very mature for my age. I think Halo 3 is fine for 10 and up as long as they can understand that killing is wrong. There is a little bad language, but not enough to influnce kids.
This game should be open to everyone i think it should be rated teen. You do shoot people but thyre aliens and there blood is very unrealistick its purple and orange and blue and there is some marine blood but it is not bad at all you do get close to some people who die in the story but youl get over it.
Teen, 13 years old Written bypetespaz1 December 29, 2015

Halo 3 Parental Review

Halo 3 was rated Mature by the Entertainment Software Rating Board for Blood and Gore, Mild Language, and Violence. Violence/Blood: 7/10. Halo 3 is action-packed, but it is definitely not as bad as some people say it is. Players use firearms and melee weapons to kill an alien alliance bent on humanity's extinction (you are a hero fighting to save humanity). Human and alien blood will splatter on the ground in combat, however limbs are not blown off and is not very graphic. Jiralhanae (Brutes) can frighten younger gamers, as can the Flood, an undead alien race led by Gravemind, a Flood creature, will also appear scary to children of young age. Violence isn't nearly as rough as in games like Dead Rising 2 or Call of Duty; Black Ops. Sex/Nudity: 0/10. None Profanity: Whoa. The only game I've ever heard of (I'm a big gamer) that is Mature but has "Mild Language". There is no use of sh-t, like Common Sense Media says(I play this game, and every game I review I play). There is quite a few uses of b-stard, h-ll, and d-mn. B-tch and -ss are said a few times as well in non-sexual terms. Probably nothing your kid hasn't heard at school. This is honestly nothing like the regular M-rated content. Drinking/Drugs/Smoking: 2/10. Johnson can be seen smoking a couple of times. Considering the violent nature of the game and the ability to play with others online (players could be exposed to stronger language, or other explicit content), I would say this game is best for ages 14+. Best wishes and thanks for reading!!!

Privacy & Safety
Kid, 11 years old April 14, 2012

check.

this game is perfectly fine. it shows that life isn't all candy and rainbows, it is fine. families will buy CoD but no halo. this game is epic! perfectly fine.

Teen, 17 years old Written byhalo is beast April 3, 2012

best game ever

halo 3 is fun and awesome one of my most favorite fps(first person shooters)

Kid, 10 years old August 31, 2010

Great game

Cool game

Teen, 17 years old Written byjgsaw August 22, 2010
this game is as bad as lost planet the only gory things when you shoot the flood you see there brain plus it's multiplayer so play halo 3 with all the family
Kid, 12 years old June 29, 2010

Alright for 12+, but can be Iffy at times

This game has some Iffy things for 12 year olds, the violence can be abit much at times, but the language is very infrequent, some of these scenes can be scary if it's your first time playing, but I will not spoil anything. There is noticeable product placement, after all of the hype this game has gotten, it's been at family-friendly places, which can cause your kids to bug you about them wanting to get the game. You will kill Lot's of aliens, with Red, Blue, and purple blood, and there is some dismemberment of some certain aliens in the game.

Teen, 17 years old Written bymist13 June 28, 2010

A great game

Love it. The enemies are not human, blood is minimal. There is violence, but fun and easy to learn.

Kid, 10 years old February 25, 2010

Awesome game

I LOVE Halo!!! Great game, highly recommend it.

Teen, 16 years old Written byGman117 August 29, 2009

Best Game Ever !!!

This game has no point in being rated M I think it should be rated T

Teen, 16 years old Written byG4ME M4ST3R August 17, 2009

Okay For 11+

This Game is violent,but most of the blood is mostly blue alien blood,so no one should keep this game away from there kids for that reason