Kid reviews for Halo: Combat Evolved

This sci-fi shooter with loads of violent killing of aliens.

Kid, 10 years old January 3, 2011

It's Not THAT Violent...

Seriously, Halo Isn't that violent. Do your research. There Is more violent games out there so stop saying It's so bloody. If I hit a guy with a energy sword he will not bleed alot. Just look at games like Mortal Kombat and Gears Of War, they are even more bloody than any other Halo title.

Teen, 16 years old Written byUnkownGamerBoi77 June 24, 2021

Idk

It depends. The controls are basic but I recommend supervision. I started Halo when I was six. But I don’t recommend to 9 and under
10-12 with supervision. But 13 completely fine. My not be scary but you guys have never played Halo most likely. There is blood and violent blood spurts when shooting corpses

Kid, 11 years old June 21, 2021

Parents just buy it they will be fine!

BUY IT

Teen, 15 years old Written bypuffin117 May 20, 2021

it still holds up, well the campaign not the graphics

even though it does not look good i would take this masterpiece over any call of duty game. kids will complain about the graphic but it was not about that its about the story the gun-play, don't let your kid play cod let them play a actual game.

Kid, 10 years old February 22, 2021

Not That Bad

This game has very minor violence, aside from some sort of weird alien blood, witch is not that noticable.

Teen, 16 years old Written byMonjiro January 20, 2021

10/10 will help your child

i am 16 year old JR in high school, and im writing a article on why violent video games are okay for your kids. i can promise this game is perfect for kids, the game has amazing story, with outstanding characters, sadly the multiplayer for this game has ended but this legendary game has been added into the "Halo master chief collection" which is available for xbox series X/S, the Xbox one, aswell as PC that kids

Teen, 13 years old Written byCommanderShepard December 20, 2020

Combat has Evolved

A brilliant first-person shooter with great balance and a variety of tactical approaches to situations. Violence is bloody, but all that really is is blue mist/flat blue splatters on the ground/flat red splatters on the ground, as the graphics in this game are simplistic and not too realistic by modern standards. Also, there is swearing, but nothing too strong or racey. By the way, the Master Chief is awesome.

Kid, 9 years old November 23, 2020

The rating

I play it and all to truly worry is violence. The is no swearing too. If you’re kid is nine let them play it. Probably monitor them to see if they are getting more violent.

Privacy & Safety
Teen, 14 years old Written byMasterChief117UNSC July 10, 2020

Halo: Combat Evolved

This game is a work of art. From the story to the characters to the graphics, this is an amazing game. Parents, the violence isn't even that bad in this version, seeing as this game came out in 2001. The Master Chief Edition, which is all the Halo games with updated graphics in one download, has more violence. People say Cortana is sexually portrayed, but she is not. She wears clothes, she is not sexual, and she is an AI! The only curse words are bitch, hell, shit, crap, bastard , and damn. Parents, let your kid get this game. 343 Industries made an amazing game that all families should play. Also, you play as a bio-engineered human known as a Spartan. You have advanced armor and physical strength. You crash land on the Halo after the Covenant attack the Pillar Of Autumn. You must stop the Covenant from activating Halo, which will destroy all life in a 1000 light-year radius.

Teen, 13 years old Written byChristopher Douthit March 19, 2020

A really good game.

I just got this game on PC and it was my first Halo game. It is a really good game and I have enjoyed it quite a bit so far. It has an intriguing and original story, and game-play is fun and easy to pick up, while challenging the player to get better with each encounter. The Master Chief is a great role model, willing to fight for what he believes in. There is some violence that features some blood and gore that might not be appropriate for some younger players, but 13+ should be fine. The graphics are somewhat dated so that the intensity of violence is lessened. There is some brief language throughout, but it is not very noticeable and is very frequent. Over all, Halo: Combat Evolved is a great game and I highly recommend it.

Teen, 15 years old Written byFinleyT June 27, 2019

Less Violent Than Most Shooters

The fact that the main enemies are aliens make this game this violent. You can shoot your own allies (which are humans) but seeing as it isn't the intended way to play I don't see it as a huge problem. There is some blood but again they are aliens so is blue/green and there is a small amount of human blood.
Teen, 14 years old Written byMcGee.Derek.Lmao May 21, 2019

Graphically dated Sci-Fi Romp is still a blast almost 20 years later

Halo Combat Evolved is REALLY over the top with its blood, but the blood looks so fake its comical. Anyone can look at that and say "yeah thats fake" Combat Evolved can be scary at times, mostly because of the Flood, but Overall, anyone can pick up CE and have a blast.

Teen, 13 years old Written byBosSGameR1 June 11, 2018

Great fps,but a little graphic

FIRST THIS IS RELATIVE TO WHAT YOUR KID CAN TAKE!!
This is a sc-fi shooting game with a lot of alien gore /blood and human blood and swearing like d--n and h--l

Teen, 13 years old Written byDevashish_the_best January 22, 2018

Lol What?

Why the hell is this game rated M? Seriously, it should be T (Teens)
Really mild violence which involves killing of cartoonish alien, just one slang wprd which I noticed( Son Of A Bitch). There is blood but it isnt red ( because it is alien blood). Shouldn't be rated so high.

Kid, 11 years old November 14, 2017

bad in some ways

in some of the missons you are able to shoot you're own teamates and when they die blood spills everywhere but its not that graphic. the aliens do bleed but its purple and no they don't when they get shot but they do bleed when their dead. halo is such a fun game i played it when i was 9 but i guess it is not good for kids under 9
Teen, 13 years old Written byhero 653 September 24, 2017

WHY ARE YOU PEOPLE EXAGGERATING

ONLY THE FLOOD PART IS A LITTLE SCARY I COMPLETED THIS GAME AT AGE OF 8 And STILL DON'T REGRET PLAYING IT OVER AND OVER

Kid, 12 years old June 13, 2016

Very tame for an M rated game

I honestly LOVE Halo games. They are usually very tame when it comes to language and violence. Halo: Combat Evolved is the first in a popular series known as Halo. The game itself is very tame in blood and violence, and involves you as a super soldier or "Spartan", who crash-lands on a mysterious ring known as a "Halo", and must discover what the rings intention is. The games blood looks mostly like someone spilled a bunch of red/blue/green/purple paint, even for humans. The entire game consists of you fighting an alien alliance known as the Covenant. You also later on fight a parasitic (and also kind of freaky) race known as the Flood. The Covenant aren't scary (a few are silly) and don't speak English, so they can't swear (well one small and weak race will say things like "Run away!" or "The demon is attacking!", because your character is called a "demon" by them) and are not human looking (other than a few who have a human shape). The real problem is the Flood. They can't speak and instead make weird grunting noises, but can be pretty scary (I myself was not scared but I was a tough kid) and are a green-yellow color that bleed green blood. They are either infected humans (their head is always bald and cocked sideways with their mouth open) or an infected alien with weird spores sprouting out from different locations and one of their arms turned into an odd looking club. I recommend you warn your kids (if they are younger than the age listed) when they enter a swamp-like level called "343 Guilty Spark" because of it's somewhat scary atmosphere and mysterious dead aliens (some rooms are covered with alien blood and alien corpses). The level really kicks off when your character enters a room where a marine corpse falls over on top of him and he picks up a recording from a (now deceased) marine squad in which the squad investigates an area and is attacked by the odd parasites and will be shouting things like "AH! GET IT OFF ME!" or when killing an infected marine "I'm sorry I had no choice!". That is where the player(s) begin to fight the aliens and eventually come and fight them with a few other marines (when marines get infected they will remain human and run around shooting randomly in circles until dying, they will be listed as enemies when infected) until saved by some alien robots. If your kids are frightened by the level then I suggest you let them cool down, relax to what they have seen (unless they think Halo is too scary for them), then let them see if they are able to play the level again. Language wise, Halo is pretty tame and will only have marines occasionally say "dang" or on rare occasions "female dog". I hope this review was helpful.

Teen, 14 years old Written byIlovemoviesreviews December 8, 2015

Good game for teens

Great game for teens. Because of some mild language I hear that's in the game and some blood and violence may not be for kids under 13.

Kid, 11 years old November 25, 2014

Greatest Xbox Game of ALL TIME!

The game is the GREATEST of the Halo franchise. I play on the Original Xbox and it is fun. Sure, if you kill a team-mate he bleeds a bit, not a lot. When you kill aliens it's like blue/purple goop.

Teen, 13 years old Written byBlah222 August 24, 2014

A great FPS.

Halo combat evolved is a great intro to the world of first person shooters (FPS). There is a lot of violence and some unrealistic blood. The violence is unrealistic and enemies (all are aliens or mutated soldiers, no humans) just fall over in a little blue, purple or yellow blood. The gameplay is basically: go into a room, shoot everything in the room and move on. You can drive tanks, hovercraft, trucks and turrets. Overall it's a good game with a strong story and unrealistic violence. 9+.