Parent reviews for Imagine: Fashion Designer - New York

Poor graphics hamper this look at the fashion industry.

Parent of a 7 year old Written bylilsnowbaby January 7, 2010

Could do without the soap opera

Some parts of the game were too hard for my seven-year-old. As a parent, I didn't like the soap opera that goes on in between the designing. One male character was my daughter's character's boyfriend. He asked her if she wanted to live together. I found that inappropriate.
Written byAnonymous March 27, 2017

CSM Review Skimped On Quite a Few Details!

Some parents may not like the occasionally immodest clothes and crazy makeup (which I honestly didn't mind at all). But I was really surprised and a little disappointed to see that CSM didn't warn parents about the game's subplot: the main character falls in love with a guy who asks her to live with him. They do marry in the end, but it's still wrong for a kid's game. Also, in the song "Billy S." on the game's soundtrack, the word "****" is used (in the near-profane way), the word "hell" is used in "Suddenly I See," and all the background songs (except "Wake Up") are about romance, or have romance-related lyrics or themes. Imagine Fashion Designer:New York isn't a super-racy game, but considering the target gamers' ages, I think they could've done better with the game's plot and background music choices.

Parent of a 4, 7, 12, and 14 year old Written byThe C Family April 17, 2010

HATE THIS GAME!

THIS IS THE WORST GAME EVER! BAD LANGUAGE, HARD AND CONFUSING TO PLAY, BAD ROLE MODELS, BOYFRIEND ISSUES! my girls (definietly not boy) are not ready for this.

Parent of a 8 and 9 year old Written byjanakaylasmom January 20, 2010

Okay I guess for older kids, but not for tweens

I bought this along with Style Savvy for my 9 year old daughter. She found this game confusing and uninteresting. She can't put the Style Savvy game down. I was also concerned that this game is recommended for girls so young when bosses ask to be boyfriends, co-habitation is discussed and someone else posted that the girls have to get married to advance to the highest level. My 9 yo dd loves Style savvy because it's about fashion and owning a boutique, not boyfriend drama. We returned this game.