Kid reviews for Infamous 2

Infamous 2 Poster Image

This game must be from 10 years....

Great game with a good story and graphics, a big improvement over the previous part. I don't think anyone could miss this game. I think that tathra should be available from the age of 10, because there is really nothing wrong there, and those things, like rude speech, have been encountered many times at school. What's more, the violence isn't so bad, and it may warn people not to play with electricity. For me from 10 years. Excellent sequel.

Deeper narrative, well made sequel

inFAMOUS is a near perfect sequel to the original game. It improves and expands on almost everything the original did right and almost revamps it. The story could be debatable on which is better, but inFAMOUS 2 still has a very solid narrative, and much improved gameplay. Although you can kick the hell out innocent civilians, you can save them as well. Violence is slightly more mature in this sequel. Blood isn't AS frequent as the first game. Although the evil version of your protagonist wears a shirt with blood all over it. Language isn't too frequent but it's moderate. Use of "$h!t", "bastard", "b#!ch", "@$$" & "damn" is mostly heard through dialogue. Sexual references are occasionally heard. When playing Evil Karma missions, two characters talk suggestively to each other.

Best PS3 game I've played

There is a lot of freedom and innocent people which you can kill but the game and story is exhilarating. (WARNING: Violent!) You have the ability to suck peoples souls out and electrocute people in water and by hand. 10/10 must play game

Awesome

The best infamous game.The story is very good. You can be good or bad. I have only played good but you save civilians, inspire them to fight back against bad guys, and you could stop bad guys non leathely. If you are bad you kill citizens and kill bad guys in brutal ways. If your kid is mature he/she can play this.

This game is great

First off, let me just start by saying that my parents are not the type to let me waste away in front of a screen for hours, shooting enemy after enemy in a bloodbath. I got the inFAMOUS 1 & 2 collection early this year, and I strongly recommend your child play the first of this series before the second, as it puts a little more perspective on the moral compass aspect of the game. However, I wouldn't call it mandatory. This game can be both good or bad, depending on how your child plays it. Your character is whats called a "conduit" which is basically a human wielder of strong elemental powers, in your case electricity. You have the option of being a hero to your city, or a selfish and irresponsible jerk (who can blow stuff up). I myself have played through both storylines, and let me just say that it hurts do some of the stuff you do when playing evil. However, the good side turns you into a definitely positive role-model. Your scars will heal, and your clothing will slowly turn whitish and have a light tone; evil, your skin pales, your scars worsen, and your clothes rip and turn red. Civilians will cheer for you and even help you fight, as will police. On the other hand, taking a bad turn will cause them to often attack you, and say negative things about you. The violence in this game isn't very graphic, as there is no real blood other than tiny black spurts that are all but invisible. As for swearing, I know d*mn is spoken a few times, with I think two uses of sh*t, and the occasional hell. I think it varies depending on the path you choose. This is of course mainly during cutscenes, and when the protagonist and some side characters are speaking. There is one character who wears a top that is a bit revealing, and if you choose to be evil at one point you slap her butt (meant to be comical, not sexual), other than that, its good. All in all, if you trust your child to choose the right path, this game shows what a true hero is, and a role model we could all strive to be like. I won't spoil the ending, but it lets just say, "Sometimes, I hear folks talkin' 'bout Conduits and humans like they're totally different. That's bullsh*t. Cause there ain't nobody with more humanity than Cole MacGrath"

A moderately inappropriate action game

Here is the entire game in one sentence: A fun, story oriented, third person action/shooter game. New Marias is a different setting to Infamous I's Empire City. It is interesting but doesn't make you feel like your actions effect the city. The story on the other hand, is the opposite. It is an exiting, heart-breaking, well written adventure recommended for all. Unless you are not Mature enough to play it. Although a more light-hearted tone to Infamous I, it still has pretty bad swearing, drinking, and suggestive themes. If you are a Mature 10 or 11 year old, it should be okay, but otherwise, wait until you are 12.

As all time I say i can't believe ESRB's ratings there some T rated titles that 14 or 13 years old teens should not play and some games rated M and a 15 year old can play it respectively and generally.This game comes in that case.

Infamous 2

This is an amazing game with a great story. The violence against enemies is not that bad. I don't really agree with running around killing innocent civilians and there is actually an upgrade called "Bystander Bonus" which gives you bonus points for killing civilians. If you are worried about this side of the game just tell your kids not to be evil. I haven't played the evil story yet but I have played the story for good and the ending of evil. SPOILER ALERT!!!!! At the end of the good story cole is in a boss battle with the beast, the weapon you have to use to kill the beast sadly kills you and all the other conduits around the world. At the end of the evil story you join forces with the beast as he walks through new marais killing everyone in sight, you then come to a rooftop and nix is there. You then go into a battle against her and eventually she dies and her body stays on the ground for the rest of the level. Then Zeke your best friend comes with a pistol and shoots you, the emotions I was feeling at this point in the game were so sad I was almost crying, you kill Zeke. The Beast tells you he is tired and has had enough killing and he passes his powers to cole. The game then proceeds to a cutscene where cole is show killing millions of civilians and talking about how he was given powers to stop the beast, but now, he is the beast. This is a great game and the violence isn't that bad, but the evil story is very very dark.

More to it than you might think

There's more to this game than first meets the eye. On the surface, yes, it is a superhero game with typical mild superhero violence that you can use for good or evil. That's expected though. The further into the game, the darker things can get depending on how you play. I'm not going to spoil anything, but both the good and evil endings were incredibly emotional. These are the only games that have endings that have left me stunned by how emotionally hard-hitting they are. Tweens and young teenagers might have trouble coping with everything that happens. Definitely not for younger kids. On top of that, there is a surprisingly large amount of language for a T rated game and some pretty revealing clothes on one character. If you are a mature teen, play it and love it, if you are younger, wait a year or two or just be prepared to deal with some tough stuff