Parent and Kid Reviews on

Inscryption Poster Image
Our Review

Based on 7 kid reviews

Sort by:

One of the greatest card games.

This game is amazing. I think it deserves an age rating of 12+ because if a child knows nothing is gonna “pop up” or none of it is real, then they can easily handle the horror themes of the game. This game gives you a sense of mystery, and even when you restart you still want to keep playing to find out more. It introduces interesting gameplay aspects and plot points early on and is honestly a great experience. It’s easy to figure out, but more advanced strategies can also be applied which is very good for a card game. I don’t want to spoil much, but honestly 10/10 5 star game.

1 person found this helpful.

has some blood but the game is fun and addicting

the game is very fun with alot of secrets

Inscryption, Unique, Mysterious, Challenging, Excellent

Age Rating: The game prides itself on being dark and that is definitely the case. However don't be turned away because of this. There are plenty of cases where this is true but keep in mind this game isn't very scary but it is unsettling (at least that's how I found it to be). The game isn't going to jump scare you but it will show some things that will stick in your mind for a while. I won't spoil anything but I will say, they never show anything mature rated or horrific but they do imply it. That being said a younger kid might be more afraid of this game than an older one which is why I recommend you have your kid at least be 13 years old, or at least mature enough to know it's just a game and isn't actually going to pop out under their bed. Game Review: My title says it all. I'd recommend going in blind which is why I didn't spoil anything for you. Worth the money. However, there is a really big issue I have with the game that I know won't bother most people but it did with me and it probably will for the parents. (SPOILERS) There's a ton of F words in the game, not in the beginning but in the later story there are lots of uses of it, which I found to be really out of place and very annoying since I can't recommend to anyone who would be offended by language, I would definitely like an option to bleep it out. So ultimately this game would put itself as an M rated game (or pegi 16) due to implied violence and strong language. This personally makes the game very disappointing for me. But if you aren't offended by language please do check it out

1 person found this helpful.

The real hitler was the friends we made along the way!

Amazing Deck Builder With Horror Aspects

Do you like deck builders? Do you like games with lots of lore? Inscryption is the game for you! Inscryption is a deck-builder where players must survive the game they are playing to get to the bottom of the mystery surrounding Inscryption. This game does contain violence that is implied that it had occurred and there are parts of the game in which blood can be seen (like in the ending) as well is some chilling or frightening things. There are also parts in the game where the character you play as, Luke, says f**k, so keep that in mind when buying the game for yourself and others.

Great game, but includes some violent imagery and concepts

Inscryption is a game with captivating gameplay and a fantastic story and characters. If you're a teenager or an adult, I can't recommend it enough. In terms of stuff that could be inappropriate for younger audiences, however. Firstly, there is some swearing. The player character will audibly say "f**k" in a few different scenarios. The game also has occult imagery in it, such as the recurring theme of sacrificing cards to play new ones, and then umm... Violence. During the game's first third, your character has the option to remove a tooth or even an eye using pliers or a dagger in order to gain an advantage in the titular card game. You don't see either of these things happening, but you see the removed tooth or eyeball afterward. And then at the very end of the game (spoilers, obviously) the player character is killed via being shot in a live-action sequence, dropping the camera as blood pools on the floor. These moments along with the game's generally creepy atmosphere might be too much for young kids.

This game contains violence blood and strong language but as long as your kid is mature enough 11 to 12 is fine