Parent reviews for Journey

Journey Poster Image

A poetic and philosophical work of art about life and death

Journey is piece of art. It offers a unique kind of storytelling and a relatively easy adventure/puzzle gameplay. The story is told through environmental hints and the philosophical meaning of each section is blended into the overall audiovisual presentation. This is truly a game you should experience yourself.

Brilliant !

A touching journey. Very sad and wise story.

A great intro to gaming for young children

My daughter is no stranger to screens, having a tablet for educational games (and the odd fluff), but she hasn't been exposed to any traditional console or controller-based video games. She absolutely adored Journey. She could walk around and explore areas, and navigate the simpler puzzles, but anything involving dexterity was too much for her. With that said, she was content to watch and direct our way up the mountain. She understood the bond between the "mothers" and "the little girl", the reciprocity in helping the flying creatures. She was elated when we reached the summit, but the larger, subtler self-actualization (or however you interpret it) arc was lost on her, as well as the backstory of the friends you meet along the way. No matter, she wants to take another journey as soon as we'll let her.