Parent of a 14 year old Written byParenting212 April 25, 2010
I watch my son play this because I thought it would be something like Grand Theft Auto because when i saw him playing that, boy was he in trouble. But this game is nothing like that. it has no nudity wich made me feel better but it does have a little language but the language in the game is simmilar to the language in halo and call of duty such as: S**t, D*mn, Cr*p, and Jesus Christ. Luckily this game will never drop the f bomb or anything like that.
Parent Written byMRFantasmo May 28, 2012

Just Cause 2

it is the best game I have ever played 1.there is not many rude words 2.if so turn the sound off 3.violence nothing like Call of duty (its 3rd person 4.no sex scenes 5.no drugs used 6.nothing like GTA so yes i think it is appropriate to 10 and up.
Adult Written byGryphisOne October 28, 2010
After seeing this game reviewed on the internet, I had to buy it and try it out. My short review is this. While the game has a "B Movie" feel to it and plays like a summer guy flick, it's good wholesome fun all the way around. This is one of very few sandbox style games to come out and in my opinion, it's well worth the $60. You never run out of stuff to do, so you'll be playing it for months (and months) after you beat it. The game deals with drugs and sex, but I can guarentee it's no worse then what's going down in schools today. So instead of dropping $60 on a game that your kid will beat in a month and never play again, get this game and consider your money well spent.
Parent of a 13 year old Written byDavid103 November 10, 2013

Just cause 2

I think that Just cause 2 is a great game for kids 12 and up. When you shoot people, blood does come out but its in a very unrealistic way. The only sexual content is a strip club called the mile high club but all the strippers never actually take any cloths off, they just wear bikinis and dance on stages. There are some missions where you have to deliver some drugs to some people but the only drugs you see people taking are cigarettes. This game is very fun and my child loved it. I hope my opinion can help you decide! If your child can watch movies like the avengers or captain america then JC2 is fine. -David
Parent of a 11, 12, and 13 year old Written bytruMen April 7, 2010

Great game but it is for 12+

I love this game i picked this game up at best buy yesterday and i loved it. o was surprised that it wasnt bad at all. i think it should b erated T because everything that makes it M is the killing pedestrians.
Adult Written byshlonick April 20, 2010

12 and up

the game is better than gta its awsome u have to let ur kid play it its ok its bloody
Parent Written byoompaloompaparent March 8, 2013

Great game

This is a great game. There is mild violence and language but other than that this game can be good for learning. I've sat down with my son before and watched him play. He mostly takes the vehicles and drives/flys them around. There are so many cool things you can do in the game. The protagonist of the story is a man who is sent to infiltrate a base and kill the head honcho of a criminal organization. This game is pretty much like an interactive james bond movie, which is why i believe that it is suitable for this age group.
Adult Written byJakester9002 February 23, 2012

Just Cause 2 = FUN

The sexual themes in it is only in this blimp high up called "The Mile High Club" no neudity but they dont have alot of clothes on.If you dont want to see the sexual themes (the club) i recommend you stay away from that blimp unless you are flying away from an enemy and you just happen to see it . Very action packed with explosions, blood, some cursing but on my opinion i think it is a great game. You just have to be mature
Parent of a 10, 11, 12, 14, and 15 year old Written byMomof5kids123456789 April 25, 2010

Perfect for Kids 11+

At first I wasn't sure to buy it for my son. But i watched him play the demo and it wasn't that bad. There is a little bit of cursing, but only like crap, or jesus christ. For kids 11+ the game is great!
Adult Written bygamereviewer123 April 22, 2010

Not as bad as reviewers say

My sons are 14 and 15. I read a lot of reviews about this game and i was hesitant to let my kids buy it. I saw them play the demo and i decided it was okay. It is not like grand theft auto in which there is nudity and intense drug usage. Yes, it does not portray a great educational value but my kids Love the game. I do not think this is appropriate for kids younger than 14
Parent Written byJake_for_gaming June 6, 2013

Not bad at all!

Honestly this isn't a bad game at all. Sure you can go around and steal cars or kill some random person, but it's your choice. You don't have sex or do drugs. You do drug busts, but you don't do them. If our child is interested in GTA this is a good game to start off with.
Parent of a 12 and 14 year old Written byFlower69 December 28, 2012

Great game for kids 12 and up!

This game is like GTA which is a violent game that contains nudity. However this game is like that but without nudity and the violence isnt very realistic. The only nudity is in a blimp called the mile high club. But they are still wearing bikinis. Overall there is only a little drug use. I would reccomend this to 12 and up a great game!
Parent Written bywondering-parent December 26, 2012

Please read!

My son loves Halo and call of duty. I got him this game so i could find out if I thought it was good. There is some cursing there is blood and there is killing. If your son or daughter wants this game and you allow them to play a killing game it is no different from this.
Adult Written bychow13 October 9, 2011

Great GTA Substitute

The reason I got this is becuase I was never a fan of GTA and I have to say that Just Cause 2 is an awesome substitute to GTA. the Language is kept down to a minimum there is no gore and very little sexual content. 5 out of 5 stars
Adult Written byTDSplays September 21, 2015

An amazing, action-packed, open-world game.

This game should be rated T for Teen. If you've come across other reviews saying this, I agree. It's given the M rating for Blood (not BLOOD AND GORE, Blood.), Violence, (not INTENSE VIOLENCE, Violence), Language (not STRONG LANGUAGE, Language) and Sexual Themes & Use of Drugs. So...basically what a T game is rated. Blood is at a minimum, violence is little (unless you're the kind of person who plays games like this just to kill pedestrians), in fact, that's probably the only reason it's M is because you can kill people. Language is infrequent, and there's no use of the F-word. There's some sexual THEMES in this game, but if you let your kid watch The Walking Dead, they'll be fine. Drugs are not use much also. So, if your kid is interested in Grand Theft Auto, buy this instead. It's more fun, there's a lot more to do, it's appropriate for teens, and I guarantee that your kid will like it. There's an online mode though, so if you don't like your kids playing online, just make sure they don't.
Parent Written byConsernedParent December 26, 2011

Good game

This game is nothing like Grand Theft Auto AT ALL! It is pretty unrealistic and as far as I am concerned it is nothing a 13 year old can't handle. There is no sex at all in this.
Parent of an infant, infant, 6, 8, 11, 12, 14, 14, and 17 year old Written byjacobstolman November 29, 2014

awsome game but

it was an amazing game but on the PC there is a mission called high mile night club but it is only for PC and is a blimp night club the mission can only be done at night and then the blimp is never accessible ever again but has some blood and civilians cannot be killed when you shoot them nothing happens just get heat 1 and the swearing is minimal and the words f*** s*** or d*** are not in the dialog and no reference to sex or reference to drugs overall i let most of my kids play it it is amazing and is not as much as i thought GTA at all just open world sandbox and lots of add on purchases but during Christmas there all free i would get this for your kid. so if you let you kid play "killing games" this is hardly doffert from uncharted or 007.
Adult Written byBacon buddy November 28, 2014

Most "Parental" reviews you will find (Like common sense media's and ESRB's) are over the top

This game features violence but that shouldn't be a problem for most families. If it is, your out of luck for every game ever. The common sense review states, "It is ABOUT sex and drugs. First of all, that is not what this game is about, second, you only HEAR about drugs. As for the "Sexual Themes" there are none provided you do not think of the blimp in the sky, which is a club. That is the only "Sexual Theme" in the game despite some light flirting. The language is not at all bad, most is in Spanish due to Rico's heritage, not to mention it is very infrequent.
Parent Written byShmittydonavin May 29, 2012

Good

i think it is a lot of violence but about the same as the call of duty series. there really is no sexual content in it but there is a floating dance club were there is the main amount of smoking, drugs, "sex". But many people do not know about the floating dance club in the sky. If there was no dance club it would be ok for mature 14 year olds, but since there is it should be mainly for 15 year olds and up. Great game though!
Parent Written byFreddy Richardson July 6, 2013

Just Cause 2.

This game is good for kids 13 and older as long as they do not play the missions. Free play is perfectly okay, same as the GTA games,ect.