All teen and kid member reviews for Just Cause 2

Teen, 14 years old Written bySp3ctr3 13o July 12, 2010

Should Be Rated T

This game is does not take its self seriously. It is MEANT to be a crazy Die Hard like game. It is extremely fun and very appropriate for kids 10+. Remember this game is called Just CAUSE 2 not Just 'cuz 2, everything you do in the game is for a purpose. SPOILERS: at the end of the game you kill the dictator, who is trying to destroy the US, and replace him with a US friendly President. Yes, occasionally you will find things called Drug Drops, but once you touch it it disappears. When you shoot people it is very unrealistic, they fly back and get back up. It might be hard for some younger kids so to its fast-paced gameplay later on in the game. Overall, this game is supposed to be crazy, and should NOT be compared to Grand Theft Auto in any way, shape, or form.
Teen, 14 years old Written bySpongebob1637 July 1, 2010

Really Fun, but Common Sense is over-reacting

This game is basically about as bad as Halo or perhaps Call of Duty. The violence is all similar to it. The sexual themes are all really mild, and there is hardly any sexual content. I don't get why they compare this to GTA. It's ridiclous. Common Sense has gone a little over-the-top on this review.
Teen, 14 years old Written bydrmcphil March 30, 2010

Play this game Cause it's fun

Come on. 90% of kids who have ever been on the internet have seen worse stuff that this. The game is fun because you can parachute around and use your grappling hook. Not because you CAN kill pedestrians and there is a lot of blood (which is extremely unrealistic, by the way). So yes, I would recommend this to anyone ages 14+. Honestly, I believe this game should be rated T, and I'm sick of ESRB and their terrible rating system.
Kid, 12 years old April 7, 2014

This might help

Here I will describe why it is rated M for. 1. Language During some missions they shall say things nothing worse than the B word. 2. Sexual Themes There is a blimp floating that features women wearing swim-suits and some men. 3.Drug Reference There is a man named "Karl Blaine" who makes an appearance in the begging of the game. He drinks and gambles. 4.Violence Just like any game you see these days. 5. Blood Nothing more than a normal war game. This is a game that deserves a 10/10 rating.
Teen, 16 years old Written bycoltsrock18 January 22, 2013

JC2

Just cause 2 is a mix of what most every teenage boy likes. Big explosions, action, violence, and more. You play as a solider who is fighting along side revolutionist who want to overthrow the dictator and put a better government in place. In the end you stop the dictator and replace him with a better president! The game has a fair amount of violence, but not as much as other games and not as serious either. When you crash a car it flips and slides way more than real life. The language is an easy fix with the subtitles abd vioces turned off. Now on to the sexual content. This usually is the biggest deal out of all of the things a game could be rated for. The island this game takes place on is the size of an actual small country. This game is an open world game, meaning that it doesn't tell you where to go, as you can explore the entire island and stare in awe of the stunning graphics. Now that I have explained to you how big it is, let me tell you how small the sexual content is. In the game, there is a small airship called the mile high club. It has a few women in bikini's dancing, and men in shorts with no shirt. There is no sex or anything! Only ONE small mission has you taking a person to this club, only to leave immediately parachuting out of your plane to get to the club. YOU DON'T EVEN HAVE TO GO IN! If you have a responsible teen that you trust, this should not be a problem. Why would your teen even want to do that when you have a world of action, adventure, and superb graphics to enjoy. There is no point of going to the club, and if you do, why would you want to stare at ANIMATED women THE SIZE OF A PEA dancing instead of exploring the beautiful world.The drug content is there because you can see people in the streets drinking what is assumed as alcohol. When i say people, I mean one or two in one city,out of the multiple cities there are to explore. That covers all the subjects this game is rated for. If you have a mature teen who you can trust, this is a great action game as opposed to other worse titles such as borderlands or dishonored.
Teen, 13 years old Written bySentherus September 7, 2010

Perfect for Teens of all Ages

This game is sort of similar to GTA (in sandbox terms) but even though it's rated M it should be rated T. If this game should be rated M then so should StarCraft 2 just because it has a little blood (Which it should not) and there is only sex REFERENCES! And as it appears to me all the fun games are rated M, for example Halo 1,2,3, GTA (all of em) , and now Just Cause 2 it's Insane! If ESRB sees a little blood or a minor reference to sex then they rate it M right away.In what other game can you go from beaches to mountains and have a grapple hand and Surf planes. Not to mention for all of those people out there who love to climb mountains and drive cars very fast but hate the risk this is also a perfect game! Who in their right mind rate this game M. and then there are people (Like my mom) who think that just because its rated M it's entirely bad I mean COME ON it's stupid! Yeah sure If all i'm gonna do is go around a kill people then yeah sure but if all I wanna do is base jump and do stunts on cars and admire the scenery then I should be allowed to play!
Teen, 14 years old Written byCyanStone July 27, 2015

13 and up

This game is NOT for kids. Most people say there are only swear words like: 'sh*t' or 'jesus christ' But if you jump on someone's car, the person in the car will say: 'Get the f*ck off!' So it DOES use the f-word... The gameplay is fine, but you can kill innocent people. There is drugs in the game, but you don't use it. There is also a strip club called: The 'Mile High Club' No sex in the game, and the strippers don't take their clothes off... There is A LOT of boom pow boom. If you shoot someone, they will lay on the ground and will dissapear, leaving a puddle of blood. So yeah, 13 and up.
Teen, 13 years old Written byP33lzHeer December 13, 2010

Is ok for mature kids

This is stupid! Not for kids? Its not 18 in Britain and I think its fine. THere are some scenes of partial nudity and some mild bad words, but the violence is very unrealistic and very easy to cope with! Plus, its a great game. Go buy it!
Teen, 13 years old Written byILOVEGAMES272 December 6, 2011

FUNNEST GAME EVER!!!

This isn't a game kids will stop playing after a month, they'll be playing it for at least a year. My friend bought this game and I thought it looked stupid until he convinced me to try it. It is amazing. People say the game is "inappropriate" but it isn't worse than a PG -13 movie, there is no gore, the only thing that would be considered as a "sexual theme" in this game would be the ladies that dance in bikini's, and you never really see drugs in the game just discussions about them throughout the game. I would recommend this to you or your child unless the player wants to do just like in the video game when he grows up. I got this game and I'll be playing this sandbox game for far more than a year. The world is huge and you never run out of things to do. If you plan on getting it just know your your child's maturity. Age doesn't really matter. This game ROCKS!
Kid, 9 years old June 29, 2011

Just Cause 2: Appropriateness Review

Common Sense Media has got it all wrong as usual... when there is bad words and sexy things, you're not really focusing on that. You're focusing on the main gameplay which is to kill people. Sometimes it is bloody, but sometimes there is very little.
Teen, 13 years old Written byjoeyman April 4, 2011

Great gameplay, blood and language, not acceptable

i personally LOVE the game,the gameplay is incredible for such a large map. But my problem is with the blood,there is unrealistic and profuse amounts throughout the game. Of course i don't agree with the language but i've seen worse. You can do without the blood and language and still have a great time.
Kid, 12 years old October 24, 2010
i love this game but im sure only half the people play the missions i never play the missions but just mess around on all the islands.
Teen, 13 years old Written bythawx52 October 5, 2013

thawx52

its a good game with violence
Teen, 13 years old Written byseminole697 June 13, 2010

Fun but lots of unrealistic violence.

yes, this game is kind of violent. Alot of blood will spray out of the enemies when you shoot them. Not much language and barely any sex or drug content. Extremely fun to play.
Kid, 12 years old April 5, 2015

awsome game, ages 12+

A few things i would like to say, the mile high club mission is skippable, the whole point in doing faction missions is to gain chaos. So by destroying some fuel tanks, gas stations, and some other stuff you can easily get past this mission, in fact i never even had to try to get past this ones, i just played the other missions first then i got the next agency mission. The entire reason this game is rated M is because of the ability to kill pedestrians which is completely optional. Don't believe me? go look at the game on pegis rating website (the australian and european rating service) and it will say as follows: It contains: Multiple, motiveless killing. A.K.A you can shoot non combatants, i have never purposely shot a pedestrian in game. i would highly recommend this game to anyone with a child 12+ who is always wanting a game like gta v or saints row. side not: the name isnt just cuz (no reason for doing something) its just cause (a justified reason for doing something).
Teen, 15 years old Written byjaxcat16 February 21, 2014

its not GTA

ok the game has blood but no sexual content or themes it is unrealistic but not a game a 6 year old should play i it is fun and its nothing like GTA unless a open world sandbox is what you mean but really the game is fun it has a lot of the same actions of the uncharted series and infamous series i thought it was like GTA but it isn't there is not any nudity like i thought there was
Teen, 14 years old Written byeagles4ever December 7, 2010
Teen, 15 years old Written byCombatd July 16, 2010

Awesome

This game is huge. It has a lot of missions, races, AI that is better than most sandbox games, jet fighters, upgrades, and much more.
Kid, 11 years old March 19, 2016

This game is fine

I have read some of the reviews for the game. Common sense media overreacted. Here are some popular complains that I have found, with my view: It swears a lot. No, it doesn't. There is some, but not like most M games. It's never in the main story (at least what I've played) except for maybe d*nm. If you turn down the volume halfway of what you normally play at, you won't here it. It was drugs. Yes and no. There are 'drug drops' and drug dealers, but only if you get involved with a certain clan. And even then, they never say it's actual name. They just say drugs and 'the good stuff' You kill innocent civilians. This is optional. You can, but it's not necessary. And even if you child did, it's not like he's going to become a mass murderer. If You shoot at the ground the civilians are programmed to get out your way, so it's hard to actually kill one if you don't mean to. Naked people. Again, this is optional. If you go to the mile high club and land there, there will be people with not a lot of clothes on. I have only been there once, and all I did was crash a helicopter into it. (The mile high club is pretty easy to see if you are flying and airplane around. It is a blimp in the back area of the mountains) This game is not as bad as the ESRB or common sense media say it is. My six year old brother plays it. It's a ton of fun.
Kid, 11 years old October 3, 2013

NOT FOR YOUNG KIDS

This game is NOT FOR KIDS it contains usage of words such as s--t and you escort a prostitute to a club the violence is bloody and you can kill who ever you want from old ladies to commoners