Child reviews for Killzone 3

Thrilling sci-fi shooter with heavy doses of violence, gore.

Teen, 15 years old Written byGamersnews32 August 16, 2020

Killzone 2 sequel has good campaign, much improved multiplayer

Killzone 3 is a great game and big improvement over Killzone 2. Although the campaign isn't as good as Killzone 2, it is still enjoyable and has a good plot. Multiplayer feels much improved and feels more like modern shooters (Note: multiplayer servers are shutdown, since mid 2019).

Violence is frequent and bloody. You can shoot enemies with a variety of firearms. Use of assault rifles, shotguns, boltguns, handguns and sniper rifles and submachine guns result in blood and gore spurts and decapitation of enemies.

Strong language is frequent. Use of "f#!k", "$h!t", "@$$", "@$$hole", "pu$$¥" and "b!#ch" is heard in the campaign's dialogue.

Kid, 8 years old June 20, 2018

BLOOD!

BLOOD BLOOD BLOOD AND GORY not for kids and teens or adult . not a game.

Kid, 10 years old August 30, 2013

12 year olds can handle Killzone

There is a large amount of blood, less than Call of duty, which i'm not allowed to get. And the language is words like the f word and the s word. There is tons of violence including people getting stabed in the throat. I'd say a 12 year old that can handle all of that can play it.

Kid, 12 years old November 27, 2012

Killzone

14 is a good age for this game.

Teen, 17 years old Written bySnudDatzEpic November 20, 2012

It's gory and it sucks.

The game is gory. Brutally gory. Not the Call of Duty kind of gory, just pointlessly gory for no reason. It almost annoyed me, not because I'm sickened by gore, but because it was every where. You literally shoot someone in the foot with a pistol, and the body will gush out blood for ever. The rest of the game wouldn't have sucked so hard if it weren't for the terrible story line. I know 8 year-olds who could write better. It made me cringe and wish I could trade it in for something better, like Hasbro Family Game Night (the game that gives you 4 boring mini games based on board games that have nothing to do with the board games, that you play for 5 minutes, get bored, then drive back to the game store and ask for a refund). Yep it sucked that bad.

I say not for kids, or anyone for that matter. No, not the violence. No, not the language. Because it sucks so hard I'm afraid it might hurt someone.

Thanks for your time.
Teen, 13 years old Written bygalvid November 12, 2012

It's Awesome

You parents are all wrong teens enjoy shooting thigs and people on Xbox 360 or Playstation 3. There we teens feel free and enjoy when we play multiplayer or co-campaign with friends

Teen, 15 years old Written byArkzone148 September 15, 2012

Good, But Very Violent

Great game, with a deep campaign with exciting gameplay and good graphics, but a fair amount of curse words and lots of blood and violence, from shooting and stabbing, to impaling with spikes and neck snapping. Depending on the kid, around 14 or 15 would be a good age for the game.

Teen, 13 years old Written bykasonova May 16, 2012

its a fine game

i think that if your child is mature enough then its fine. it should be good for teens
and tweens of the sort and the way they rate this series of games is redicoulus
they make them all alike but they label them awfully they should rate them 13 and older because its a good game and online takes care of the really violent parts like the slow mo knife kills and that type of stuff

Teen, 13 years old Written bycerealkiller189 February 26, 2012

Very violent,low on fun.

The first two Killzone games were much better although this delivers much more thrills,action and violence.Gratuitous violence and blood can be seen in almost every sequence and language is so frequent,it's a part of the game.So,mature
Players only !!

Teen, 14 years old Written byPantherine February 23, 2012

Very Nice Game

That game is so awesome. I don't find violence a problem because a kid wouldn't go out and shoot some one. The game teaches companionship, leadership, "unselfishness," and it also might help people get along some how. The language isn't very constant like killzone 2. You might as well enjoy the graphics.

Teen, 14 years old Written byLegend736 February 23, 2012

Nice FPS

Good game if your kid likes FPSs.

Kid, 10 years old December 14, 2011

Not as bad as 2

This game really isn't that bad I've played it before and they don't cuss that much and it's pretty bloody but if you think they can handle it it really isn't that bad

Kid, 10 years old June 12, 2011

great game, graphic but I think it's aliens so it's fake.(only played the demo)

I have only played the demo of this game but it works very well. ps3 controller and controls work great and playstation move also works great. You can see the blood, gore and such but it is not terribly graphic. The actual graphics (not the blood and gore kind) are amazing. Amazingly fun, and awesome! Language like f*ck, sh*t, hell, d*mn, oh my god and God D*mn are used in dialouge. They are used but not used super frequently. I'm pretty sure the people you are fighting/killing are aliens, so it is all fake it's not like real war in call of duty (which I am not aloud to get.) There are close up dipictions of violence like knifing, throat slicing and eye poking (you know what I mean.) also when you shoot dead enemies on the ground blood will spurt out. Also when you get hurt blood will appear on the screen. See if your child is ready, it's not scary but it is graphic as has some strong language, but it is a great game! and it's sci-fi so it's all fake.

Teen, 14 years old Written bydrummerkid123 June 4, 2011

14 +

Violence, and Language. - plot is to kill alien soldiers and exterminate them. Very Very bloody and violent. One movie sequence includes alien character getting harpooned through head with brains flying everywhere. A bit disturbing. Play it if you can handle blood/violence. NOT FOR KIDS - lower than 14.

Teen, 14 years old Written byway245 April 30, 2011

KILLzone

To start off, this game is VERY blood and gory. Blood pours out of enemies when you shoot them, even when they are dead, it POURS out of them. There are different types of guns that do different things like decapitation, you can also perform melee attacks that go from thrusting your fingers into their helmets and ripping out their eyes to slitting throats. Language includes the F-bomb, S word, and everything you could think of. There is no bad stuff if you know what i mean.

Teen, 13 years old Written bymiaman12 April 26, 2011

dont give to toddlers

this game i really consider to children 9+
Teen, 13 years old Written bysmashwolf88 April 18, 2011

good action packed game

if u want the best fp game then u have it not as good story as killzone 2 but still worth checking out

Teen, 16 years old Written bySk8ter4556 March 31, 2011

Depends on your parents and your gross-meter.

I was beta tester for this and playing it, it fits the title. In multiplayer, there is mics you can talk over, but they can be muted and you don't need to buy a mic. The language is infrequent but when it comes, theres a lot of it all at one time and mostly it's strong. Violence is very bloody and gory. It can disturb younger kids, but to me, I really don't care. Also, the team you play in campaign has a good reason to fight. The Helghast are basicy the Nazis. Killing innocent people, ruled by a dictator, and want world domination. You play on the ISA trying to prevent that. It's basicly Sci-Fi, futuristic, World War II.

Kid, 11 years old March 9, 2011

Better for older kids

Killzone 3 is the best in the series. It offers everything gamers want these: great story, (that picks up right after Killzone 2) amazing graphics, awesome combat, and very exciting. What is better about Killzone 3 is that the players only cuss when it is a good time(unlike Killzone 2 everyone was swearing). Violence isn't even close to as violent as Killzone 2. I think this game could be played by anyone mature enough to handle a few F words and some violence.
Teen, 14 years old Written byyysydryytyuy February 26, 2011