All parent member reviews for Kingdom Hearts 2

Adult Written byKuroKitten April 9, 2008

Enjoyed Greatly!

I may be a little old to be playing this game, but after the first, I knew I had to play this. After reading many reviews, I find that some of the parents are reviewing a little harshly. To begin with, there is no wrist cutting, as they barely cut the palm of Ms. Swan from Pirates of the Caribbean. As for the lions death, that was in Lion King, and has been watched by kids as young as 4. Also, it is true one boy falls from a tower, but it is NEVER shown that he hits the ground. -Spoiler Alert- In fact, his whole reality is a fake, so whether he hit the ground or not, would not have mattered anyway. The violence is non-bloody, and over all very mild compared to other games. I would recommend this game, and it's predecessor to any child able to play a video game.
Adult Written byDaleeria May 10, 2009

I Recommend to All!

This is definitely my favorite video game of all time. There are parts that are a little creepier than in the first two installments, but it's actually easier game-play wise. Honestly I think it's a lot better in ALL aspects of the game, just just the graphics and the playability. There are a lot more mini-games and you actually get to see King Mickey for the first time! I Recommend it to anyone who likes playing games like these, especially fans of previous Square Enix titles.
Adult Written byRJDERMODY3 January 8, 2009

Other adults know nothing!

Let me first start this off by saying that this game is by far in my top 5 for best games out there. Before you play this game be sure to play chain of memories (kingdom hearts 1.5) but if you don't it really doesn't matter, but it would help because they make some reference and it is where Organization XIII comes in. But as i was reading other "Adult" Reviews it seems like they know nothing, everything that happens in this game in the most part takes place in that Disney movie. It's not slitting the wrist its a slight cut on the palm to lift a curse and its barley a problem of blood, its just half of a gold amulet tinted red. If you watched the Disney moves you have seen all these "violent" scenes. If you let your kids watch Disney movies i say that you should buy this game for your kids, but don't forget to get them first Kingdom Hearts I, and Kingdom Hearts Re: Chain of Memories.
Adult Written byquest13 April 9, 2008
Parent of a 2 year old Written bynoelles August 20, 2014

Great storyline!

Very interesting.
Parent of a 6, 15, 15, and 17 year old Written by79awesome August 23, 2013

uhhh

Ok let me get this straight I know this game is for tweens so heres a story for u. I bought this game for my niece and nephew for Christmas and their mom(Sister) calls me a month later telling me how violent it is and drinking in a E10+ game so for mature tweens and teens may find it fun as well.
Parent Written byImXero May 29, 2011

The complete review.

Well, let me start by telling you that if your child is 10 years old, they are mature enough to play this game. And in this review, I'll be explaining everything about this game to the last sliver. First off, you need to know that Disney did not create this game. This was made by "Square-Enix". This was a result of Disney hiring this game development team for their game. And the team is from Japan. So, in Japan, their cartoons, (Anime here in the west), they try to make their characters either good looking, or eye appealing. So, that's what some of the female characters are designed as. Kairi, has a strange attire. It un-zips from the bottom, and it is very short. It's almost sexually appealing. There is also a reference to prostitution in this game. "Pleasurable company". And the drinking is at a minimum. So is the blood. There is a lot of fighting in this game. No dismemberment of any sort. And this game has good morales. Fight for the good, and conquer the evil. Kingdom Hearts II has touched my heart with all of it's magic it holds. There is no doubt, that I love this game. Your child will love it too. But, be sure to talk your child about when it's okay to stand up for something that's right. Fighting isn't always the answer. But in this game, it's the solution.
Adult Written byjoshua martinez September 28, 2010

11 and up.

Kingdom Hearts 2 is one of the best Disney RPG games ever good for your young kids but parents there's only two things you need to worry about in this game the violence is pretty intense also the pirate cartoons drink and smoke there is a positive message though it's about Friendship, kindness, and loyalty.
Parent of a 1, 8, 9, and 14 year old Written bythejokerspencil January 10, 2009

The most original game in history.

After following best game ever Kingdom Hearts it raises teh bar higher and get every single sound and graphics design down. It puts you in a magical and some intense moments throughout. This game is better than any Final Fantasy and is incredible. This is the best game and most original I have ever played. It may be hard for anyone under the age of 12 though.
Adult Written byyami0204 April 9, 2008

SquareEnix does it again!

Once again Sora, Donald, and Goofy take off on a fun and challenging adventure to Disney worlds, meeting old and new friends, and defeating Heartless and bad guys along the way. From a musical adventure through Atlantica to saving Disney Castle from evil forces, there is certainly a lot more in this game than previous installments. Seasoned RPG gamers may get frustrated at how straight forward it is (AKA Sora directing you from one place to another, rather than being able to explore before encountering events and bosses) but will otherwise enjoy how more mature the game has become since the original. Even though it has matured, it still has that youthful feel to it, the battles are bloodless and fun, and the game still retains a bit of childish cuteness (such as Sora's adorable infatuatin with meeting Santa Claus while in Halloween Town). This is certainly a must have for those curious about the game, newcomers to the genre of RPGs, or old fans of the series.
Adult Written bysupermanpsycho April 9, 2008
Adult Written bydiananina April 9, 2008

Great Game for almost anyone, espaclly kids

Great game, great music , entrtaining plot and storyline. Great charcters to! I think that you don't need to buy Kingdom hearts 1 to understand the game, when you get to the middle part you start to understand some picies of the storyline at the end it all Makes scence.
Adult Written byjokr April 9, 2008

great game

this is a very good game. I find the storyline and grafics is better then kingdom hearts and you dont ned to play kingdom hearts I or memories to understand the plot line. the only problem is that thier is too many cut sceans. It is good for all ages. especially if you like final fantasy/disney mix.
Adult Written byjason506 April 9, 2008
Adult Written byjjbeanz April 9, 2008

Iffy game....downright awful compared to the first, but not as bad as some.

KH2 was a major disappointed compared to the first. My kids were in love with the first game, and I was too because i knew that they could play a very fun game that had cartoonish violence in it. I bought them this game, because we all loved the story and gameplay from the first, and 3 of my kids, and I didn't really like this game. My eldest son (12) thought it was average but not on par with KH1. The violence in this game is the main issue. They battles are too intense for the younger kids, and for some reason, Disney gave us some PG-13 material in a PG series. There is decapitation, murder, kidnapping, slitting of wrists, beating up, threatening, people falling off towers, etc, in this game. There is more innuendo in this game, but not much. Characters wear tight, short fitting, revealing clothing. Overall, I would say 13+ for this sequel, but my family doesn't recommend this almost stinker to anyone who wasn't in LOVE with KH1.
Adult Written byRedDragonKnight April 9, 2008
Adult Written bypandabelly April 9, 2008
Adult Written byHeroneSilverton April 9, 2008

Phenominal Series

This game This game series is absolutely amazing. It has a wonderful storyline, and has a great lesson on friendship. It has plenty of battles, and has its share of Final-Fantasy-like moments, and great cutscene. It also has the best Graphics that I have yet seen on the PS2. It has left me quivering in anticipation for the next one. Though it is not as good as the first, it comes very close. There were even a few moments so powerful I got chills. That is very rare to find in a game like this. If you think these games are childish, think again. In fact, I don't think children should be playing this game. This is more of a preteen-teen game. Don't let the fact that it has Disney characters fool you. Square-Enix made this game, and they are known for fantastic games, being most famous for the Final Fantasy Series. It is a very strong game emotionally, and the light and dark are clearly defined. The main character is a fifteen year old boy that is pure of heart and always stays true to the light he believes in. Absolutely a phenomenal series.
Adult Written byDexterSmith April 9, 2008

Kingdom Hearts II

Sexual Content (Not an Issue): Some skimpy outfits. Violence (Pause): Intense battle scenes, some blood. Language (Not an Issue): None. Social Behavior (On): The characters are loyal, kind, and demonstrate such qualities throughout. Commercialism (Pause): Almost every character in the game is from a Final Fantasy game or a Disney movie. Drug/Alcohol/Tobacco (Pause): Pirates drink rum. Educational Value (Not an Issue): None.
Adult Written byhola man April 9, 2008

oh my god.....

this is the best game in the world!!!!!! i love anime im 10 lalalalalaalallalalalalala