Kid reviews for Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light

Top-down actioner has some blood and a strong female lead.

Based on 1 review

Teen, 15 years old Written byDeadCold August 6, 2014

I expected more

Right off the bat, its a boring chore-like game with a seemingly rare bug that does not let you shoot for about 15 minutes. It's co-op does it no justice, just succeeding in making one more person suffer. Its puzzles are boring, nothing intriguing, nothing special. As a PC game it is poorly optimized with simple but awkward if best eccentric keybindings (still easy to play). The plot isn't intriguing or mildly interesting (much like Kane & Lynch 2: Dog Days a game I recently had the displeasure of playing), you don't feel anything for the characters, or their quest. As if to add insult upon injury on a Lara Croft game, they gave her the most obvious script to follow, and a horrible voice actor. Don't get me wrong, I loved the Tomb Raider series(as a console gamer), and Lara Croft as a character but this game feels so dry.

At worst, this game is a horrid scar on Square Enix and Lara Croft, that will take a LONG time to heal.

At best, this game isn't worth the fifteen dollar price tag, there are indie games who have more feel and better gameplay. Right off the top of my head I know 2 independent games (early access and still better) who have surpassed quite a few triple A titles I've played; Frontiers(15$) and Kenshi(I got it for 5$, but its price tag now is 20$).

Overall I have to say that this game isn't worth a buy.

Ease of Play
Teen, 14 years old Written byHappyButtHead July 18, 2014

This game is amazing...but:

It's way to freakishly hard!!! I keep getting stuck on puzzles and i get angry and throw controllers at pillows!!! Lol. Anyway, this game is not for everyone. If you ha arachnophobia, DO NOT PLAY THIS GAME!!! There are levels where you fight spiders as big as you!!!

This game is really cool tho! I wish you could adjust the angles of the screen, but the graphics are good, no language, and plenty of action!

Teen, 16 years old Written bymrjoe94 September 24, 2010
While there's no language in the game, a few parts might make you think/say "Oh Sh**". I'm on the second level and i've thought that twice :D. Also the game is very fun.

Teen, 13 years old Written bymarcia2435 September 18, 2010

perfect for people that love ta just stare at tv alot cause this look boring

looks to me like this could be boring ahaha