All parent member reviews for LEGO Batman: The Videogame

Parent of a 5, 7, and 7 year old Written bydodger23 June 21, 2012

LEARNING

Great except for one caveat...

It's easy to play, has fun levels and my 5-year-old loves it. The violence is all Lego-busting, so I'm so much concerned with that, though some might take pause due to its effects on their children. The one downside is that it seems half of the gameplay is reserved for playing as villains and beating up/defeating "good guys" (policemen, etc.). Not the best idea for my son to pretend to beat up authority figures.
Parent of a 2 and 4 year old Written byerika02 March 13, 2011

this is a great game. easy to play, me and my 4 year old love to play, and it is easy enough for him to play by himself.
Parent Written byerinw2 October 22, 2014

Parent of a 11 and 13 year old Written byCommon critic January 8, 2011

Creative

My son loves this game and I think it is very cute and creative.I don't understand why some parents wouldn't recommend this game for there children.it is a perfectly safe game
Adult Written byblushinbebe September 27, 2010

Great for kids AND adults

This game is equally enjoyable both for kids about six and up and adults---it's so hilarious and despite the product placement there is really nothing else to worry about. The "violence" is basically Lego pieces breaking apart, which actually adds to the comical charm of the game. My husband and I play this game all the time and laugh our heads off! It also has equally powerful girl characters in addition to the guy characters, which is empowering :)
Parent of a 5 and 8 year old Written byemmh September 19, 2010

This is a great video game for kids. There is a lot of garbage out there especially for girls, but anyway, this is a lot of fun and well made.
Parent of a 13 year old Written byohya August 8, 2010

Parent of a 3 and 6 year old Written bymemc24 July 2, 2010

Dosent require reading

this is one of the few games i have found that my autistic son can play due to the fact he still cant read. There is some text however it is not necessary to the game. This game gives him the action he craves without the gore and blood also there is problem solving involved.
Parent of a 8 year old Written byMr. Karl May 15, 2010

For kids 8+

My kid wasn't expecting the game to be good but it actually is. I mean he just thinks it's a challening game and he just doesn't stop playing it.
Parent of a 7 year old Written bybellaMOM September 12, 2009

Fun for kids

Kids, boys especially seem to like this game. Although they do destroy other players it is just lego blocks breaking apart and they always come back to life. As far as games go that involve "shooting" the lego ones seem the best since it is a toy kids are familiar with and they understand how they are just toys, they come apart and go back together. There are parts where my 7 year old gets "stuck" and frustrated at times and prefers to play with an adult. I noticed that the info above says it is $59.99 though, we got it at a major store for $19.99 - so I would not pay more than that for it.
Parent of a 4 year old Written byMarc1008 September 10, 2009

Good for children and fun for adults

I play this with my son, who is 4, going on 5 - some things are a little hard for him to figure out, which is why we play together. He loves it - there is some violence, however, it's more like breaking up the legos. I like the fact that the players don't "die", they break up and get built back up.
Parent of a 3 and 5 year old Written byGoddss6 September 10, 2009

Great game for kids and adults alike!

My son and I play this game together frequently! It's fun for the whole family. Yes there is minor "violence" but no gore or such. Characters fall to LEGO pieces when destroyed. You run around to collect coins by destroying objects. We LOVE this game so much that we have it for both the WII and the PSP!
Parent of a 14 year old Written byTsion July 25, 2009

Great Game for Kids and Adults!

I'm a big fan of STAR WARS, INDIANA JONES, and BATMAN, so, naturally, I've played all of the LEGO games that have been created about them. However, this is the first LEGO game I've played on the Wii. It is fantastic! The interaction with the game (swinging fists as opposed to just hitting buttons) makes a world of difference in the enjoyability of the game. For those of you who have seen the BATMAN films and are worried about content: don't be. This game is completely kid-friendly! There are no menacing images, and the villains are more goofy than malicious. However, you do get several weapons at your disposal in the game (sharp boomerangs, guns, swords, etc.). You can destroy people, animals, and objects with these weapons, but your enemy only breaks into LEGO pieces upon contact with the weapon. Gameplay is completely safe, and there are several creative puzzles for kids to solve.
Educator and Parent of a 6 and 9 year old Written byquadrupleuma March 18, 2009

by a 6-year-old player

Pros: Multiplayer, Challenging, Great Sound, Graphics, Easy to learn, Kid Appropriate Describe Yourself: Frequent Player Bottom Line: Yes, I would recommend this to a friend It's easy to learn and it's so fun I can't stand it! When I first started playing it I felt like it was a little boring. But then I saw the real fun in it. Lego Batman is the awesomest thing in the world!