Kid reviews for LEGO Batman: The Videogame

A fun -- albeit predictable -- cartoon adventure.

Kid, 11 years old March 19, 2011
Violence (T): Lots of punching and killing and shooting. Consumerism (E) LEGOs are the entire background of the game. Social Behiavior (E10+) Batman, Robin, and everyone else do stunts that could hurt if tried in the real world.

Privacy & Safety
Kid, 11 years old March 10, 2011

Fun and Hilarious

I got LEGO Batman for Christmas and I love it! It's sooo hilarious!!!
Kid, 10 years old June 16, 2009

man best lego yet

i love this game it never gets old i hope they make more lego superhero games besides batman and indania jones like my favorite hero is spiderman so if they make a lego spiderman or homestar runner ( my favorite website) i may die from exciment
Kid, 10 years old April 1, 2018

Batman

Way too violent for younger kids. You punch the bad guys to death, and you can even attack your sidekick.

Teen, 13 years old Written byAbe1998 December 23, 2011

Child appropriate

This is an appropriate game for kids and tweens. It doesn't have strong violence. LEGO characters burst into broken pieces when attacked too much. No blood, but weapons such as guns and boomerangs are used. One female character kisses men for a death attack. One cutscene where someone uses the restroom, and other characters laugh at it.

Kid, 12 years old September 10, 2016

Fun, but too Boring

Let me tell you this is the last LEGO video game using the old formula before they changed to the newer and better one. I like it, but still, I really am only looking forward to playing Free Play as all the villains. Graphics are a mixed bag; the LEGO stuff looks accurate, everything else is basically haggis for the eyes. Violence: All really cartoon. You control a group of LEGO characters through the environments of the universe of Batman, both heroes and villains can be used, and the villains oppose the Gotham City cops. Characters punch and shoot each other to death, which results in them breaking apart into small LEGO pieces like a normal LEGO figure can.

Teen, 16 years old Written bylovzhisdad November 14, 2012

LEGO Bite-Man: the video-lame: another ad in video game form

GAMEPLAY: 0/10- sure, there's some originality, but not enough of it. you still mostly just hit poeple, collect LEGO studs, and build things out of LEGO pieces. ORIGINALITY: 0/10- there is a bit of originality, but that doesn't make the game any better. AUDIO: 0/10- the sound effects and music do nothing to keep your attention on the screen. CHALLENGE: 0/10- you can't technically die in this game because all the characters are LEGO toys, so whenever your character gets "destroyed", they just put themselves back together. CHARACTER PLAYABILITY: 0/10- there are plenty of different characters to play as, but most of them take a while to unlock. GRAPHICS: 0/10- the graphics are like tofu for your eyes. CONTROLS: 8/10- the controls are almost perfect. they're the game's only strong area. they're almost not meant to be in a 3D game. in a 3D game, you should have an analog stick so your character's movement isn't limited to 8 directions. GAME LENGTH: 3/10- it only takes like 8 hours to actually beat the game. REPLAY VALUE: 0/10- this is a LEGO game. you won't get anything out of it, trust me.

Kid, 12 years old July 24, 2012

great game for all the family!!!

this game is a great lego game, i have it on xbox 360!!, there is know bad language and the violence is exetremly minor cartoon like, overall its a great game!!
Teen, 14 years old Written byAustnod June 16, 2012

One of the best Lego games

Kid, 10 years old April 21, 2012

LEGOAWESOME

Brilliant, the most fun game ive ever played in my life super ok for children just a few scenes of guns and heads popping off (very cartoon like!) extra fun If you want it please get get it!

Kid, 10 years old February 1, 2012

Awesome Game!

This game is great! there is no violence drinking, drugs, etc. Kids can enjoy playing this game all day! This game is appropriate for kids. There is a huge charactor selection. I would give this game an A+.

Educational Value
Teen, 13 years old Written bybkid August 17, 2010
For half of the game, you fight enemies. However, the other half involves fighting the good people, and I don't like that. There is comic violence like shooting from a lego gun, mind control, throwing punches, and stuff like that.

Teen, 13 years old Written byBatmanVSTheJoker November 17, 2013

Lego Batman 2008

I finished this game 100% a couple years ago and recently started playing it again, contradictory(but true) too what the reviewer says about this being based on the Batman TV show is FALSE it bears 0 resemblance to the show and implying that it was based on the show because it's "campy" is lazy, Truthfully it's a based on the Tim burton batman ( for these reasons: Batman fights joker on a cathedral this was in the 1989 movie, Catwoman and Penguin are in this game together as in Batman returns, Two-Face and Riddler teem up as in Batman forever different director but not rebooted and it uses 100% and I repeat 100% music from Batman 1989) THINGS THAT ARE BAD BUT NOBODY NOTICED Like I said I've been playing this game for a while so I know more about then your average joe but there are some things that are VERY inappropriate in this game for example there is alternative tropical joker outfit from the killing joke (the killing joke comic book it is an EXTREAMLY graphic comic book and when joker is wearing the tropical outfit when he shoots Barbra Gordon in the waist where blood is splurged everywhere and she is paralyzed for life then joker grabs commissioner Gordon and tortures him in an attempt to prove that "one bad day can drive the sanest man alive to lunacy" great comic book BUT not for kids) kids might be curious where that joker tropical outfit came from as I was and because of this game I read this comic book at 10 believe me you do not want you kid subjected to that kind of stuff as I was. moving on to another problem is when joker gets defeated and sent back too arkham asylum he puts a gun to his head and pretend to commit suicide and pulls the trigger and it turns out too be a trick gun and he just laughs it off like it was nothing serious. another problem religious parents might have a problem with joker blowing up a cathedral but that's about it. OVERVIEW over all great game just be careful TRIVA There are just 2 words spoken in this game they are "higher" from the joker to Harley Quinn and "Bye" said sarcastically to batman from the penguin listen closely and you'll hear 'em but be warned there kind of hard to catch! by the way the reason i approved it for kids is because I doubt anyone is gonna notice it but if they do then..... :(

Teen, 13 years old Written byleakingrye May 15, 2013

a game as dissapointing as usaul

This game suck's Well..... I think so cause I bought it 4 the WII
Teen, 13 years old Written by360gamer April 4, 2011

Fun for Everyone

This game is just plain fun. Thats all there is to it. They say its violent but thats completely WRONG. Its just harmless, completely harmless.

Educational Value
Teen, 13 years old Written byComic nerd 812 January 29, 2016

Got Me Started on Batman

I still love this game. Nostalgia is the main reason why. This awesome game taught me the basics of the Batman universe. It is less challenging than the latest installment of Batman lego games, but still fun. Levels are shorter but greater in numbers.

Kid, 7 years old November 24, 2012

Awesome video game for young kids

It is great and adventurous! Lego Batman the video game is a good way to play as Batman without the violence.

Kid, 9 years old March 19, 2012

Not amazing, really very bad

I haven't watched Batman, and all I know is Batman and Joker and Robin, and Joker is the enemy. However, I expected this game to be much, much more. I will not watch Batman after this, because the game just portrayed a sense of gloom and depression. The main area plays depressing music, and it's all dark and silent. The levels are hard to understand, and the things you do have no resemblance to other LEGO games (I know Batman was first, so I am glad the other games aren't like it). I got this from Target, and I returned it two days after I bought it. I only played three levels, all of which were horrific. My older sisters didn't like it, either, and my thirteen year old sister refused to ever play it again. It isn't scary, but it's extremely depressing, and will make anybody feel a very deep sense of gloom. Star :)

Teen, 15 years old Written byMitchell Charleston June 11, 2013

Kinda predictable, but still pretty fun to play.

Cool LEGO Batman game. I know it's kinda predictable (like CSM says), but it's still a good game. I like the levels and the graphics. They're interesting. I also really like characters and the CGI. Get yours today.
Kid, 11 years old October 8, 2012