All parent member reviews for LEGO Indiana Jones: The Original Adventures

Adult Written byMi3 February 2, 2011

Parent of a 2 and 7 year old Written byRob_aus April 29, 2010

Great sense of humour

Great fun. We love this one. We love the humour and the "in" jokes, especially relating to Star Wars Lego. There is a lot of violence, but it is tempered by the fact that lego bricks go flying, rather than limbs and blood.
Adult Written bypjandlori April 9, 2008

Good Game

My son (6) and I started playing last night. It is just as much fun as Star Wars although he hasn't enjoyed it quite as much because I haven't let him watch the Indy movies. That makes it harder for him to relate to the story and the goal. The angles on this game appear to be a little more difficult due to the jungles, ledges, etc. Lots of fun so far.
Parent Written byNatbookaddict May 27, 2013

Awesome fun

These Legos games are addictive! The puzzles are hard but not to hard to get past. The characters are fun, all having their special ability. The scenes are colorful and cut scenes adventurous. Highly recommend these games!
Adult Written byGDTSP July 3, 2012

LEARNING

Hard puzzles

Fun game, but I confess I had to look at an Internet walk through for some tricky parts on the first play through. Good for teaching teamwork on co-op mode
Parent of a 9 year old Written byChris01 January 5, 2012

VERY NICE GAME!!

I am a father of 2(Well, soon to be two, since the second one comes in about March (2012-Its Januarly now). My son is 9 and 1/2 years old. I have decided to become more media smart with my son, as i have seen changes in his personality as a result of violent video games that I NEVER would have noticed, or simply might have discarded as "normal"kid changes, had it not been that i was pretty strict in his early years regarding violent stuff. But after a while of seeing subtle but important changes, I have decided it IS a MUST we parents watch their eyes for them. I was concerned that he is not 10 yet, but am very happy this site rated this game for 9 year olds. The puzzzles REALLY are challenging and WILL have you stuck thinking a problem through. I would HIGHLY recommend this to dads (and moms) looking to play good quality stuff with their kids. The perfect rating came from my kid himself. He LOVES it.
Parent of a 6 year old Written byteislas May 19, 2011

Love the game

Love the game but a little tricky for my 6 year old.
Parent of a 7, 10, and 12 year old Written byJenwen September 24, 2010

great for kids ages 8-10

I like this games because it is so easy to play. I also love it because once you have won it you can go back and play as any charecter you want.
Educator Written byJason Peevyhouse September 16, 2010

Lego scores again!

Again, the Lego franchise hits another homerun. Like its predecessor Star Wars, Lego Indiana Jones offers a great mix of platforming, action, and puzzle solving. Some puzzles are challenging, coupled with the plague of fairly idiotic AI, might lead to a bit of frustration at times. I recommend joining in on the fun. The game is much more fun when played cooperatively with a friend. The visuals are better than Star Wars Lego, and the cut scenes offer great comic relief. Not much replay value is present. Once you finish and collect all the items, the game will probably just collect dust on the shelf for awhile. But, the enjoyment and fun to be had is worth it.
Parent of a 4 year old Written bycsmforaey November 11, 2009

Lego Indy for kid

My 4 year old spends hours on this game and she loves it. It keeps her entertained because of all the puzzle and hidden objects to explored.
Adult Written bycrackerjack5 August 18, 2009

Not bad

Not bad, but not fantastic either. It has little to no replay value. Once you've finished, that's pretty much it.
Adult Written byashcatash5 February 7, 2009

Indy Brings Lots of Fun

This game only contains the first three movies, which is a little disappointing. But the graphics are pretty good, and it's easy to play.
Adult Written bygamer4life April 9, 2008

INDIANA IS BACK SON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i love all the lego games and lovee all the indiana jones movies soo i thought you know what im gettinmg this game!!!!!!!!!!!!! and i didnt regret it at all!!! this game is fun and ecxiting four the whole family!!!!!!!!! kids i totally recammind this game its amazing and the storyline is funny and fun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! so kids if your into the movies you sould go get this game right now!! i love this game!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! im goen to go play it bi
Adult Written byhowarthe April 9, 2008

I love this game

this game is very similar to LEGO Star Wars the Complete Saga. There are a few improvements; for example, characters can carry things; and there are a few disappointments; for example, there are not nearly as many bonus levels and nothing equivalent to the blue canisters, but it is a REALLY fun game. The story mode puzzles were sufficiently challenging without being impossible, but so far, I've played 80% of the game and found two treasure chests that I just can't reach. They both require very precise jumps that I just can't reach. I agree with the E10+ rating primarily for cognitive reasons. My three-year-old son and five-year-old daughter enjoy playing this game with me, but they lack the coordination to play through it by themselves. I have been pleased and impressed with how many details from the movies are present in the game. Some I didn't remember until I watched the movies again. That was fun, too. Looking forward to LEGO Batman The Video Game in September 2008!
Adult Written bypoopsmeller April 9, 2008