Parent reviews for LEGO Rock Band

LEGO Rock Band Poster Image

Language?

I'm sure I heard one instance of s-- word in the skyscraper song, but people on vocals don't have to sing it, and kids will probably be having to much fun to notice.

The adults actually liked Lego better than regular Rock Band!

This was fun for the whole family and the adults loved it better than plain Rock Band because the songs were more familiar. A few songs contained curse words, which was surprising for a Lego product which would presumably be targeted at children. Lots of levels of difficulty make it a challenge for all ages but the "no fail" setting keeps younger players from getting frustrated. My kids enjoyed personalizing their Lego people and instruments and spending the "studs" they earned at "gigs" to buy extras as much as they did playing. If I could own only 1 version of Rock Band, this would be it!

safer for not teenagers unlike other rock band

well pretty much its easer than the other versions of rock band , i have tried the super easey mode it was so easy i forget to press the fret bottons and i still won. still theres that one swear word, in one song but its not that much of an issue. i also like how the clothes for the female players arent very revealing unlike other rockbands!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lego + Rock Band = A Perfect Kid's Match

The lovable Lego franchise meets the Rock Band interface in a game the kids love but I find a bit blah in terms of song choice. Humor abounds but I wish there was more Lego-like construction playability.

Great family staycation material

Best Xmas holiday yet. We played it nonstop with 4-10 year olds, and even after the kids went to sleep. A total hoot.

Whole Family Fun

This is a great game! As others have said, it is easy for 5 year old to play and challenging for my 9 year old (and me!). We all really enjoy it, and it certainly teaches about rhythm. Yes, there are a few songs with lyrics that are questionable, but we are concentrating so hard on playing that we haven't even noticed.

Family fun for all ages

This game is a LOT of fun. As a dumbed down version of Rock Band this gives the family fun to all skill levels. While there is a bit of competition the lack of fail and turning off the kick drum makes it a LOT of simple fun. While there can be some issues with lyrics especially if you access downloadable content from other Rock Band games, it's no worse than what is on the radio.

Good for a 6+ Boy

My 6 year old boy loves it. It has a "Super Easy" mode where the kids can just strum the guitar. I chose the educational highlight because it can teach the kids rhythm and basic drums. Real instruments and music lessons are better but this is a good introduction to playing music. Since I have to musical talent it is nice "jamming" with my son even though it is with plastic instruments.

My 6 year old daughter loved playing the drums on super easy mode. We got to spend some good quality family time together. With other rock bands she would get too frustrated and we would have to quit. Today we played through 7 straight songs before we had to quit for dinner.