Kid reviews for LEGO Rock Band

LEGO Rock Band Poster Image

The best Rock Band game!

This was my first Rock Band game that I got. I did not used to like Rock Band, but now I love it! I only rated it 9+, because of arm/leg length. It uses the word h*ll in two songs, (* was so it didn't get marked inappropriate) but h*ll is not really a swear word. Not saying to use it casually, but it does not mean that it is a bad game. Parents, if you disagree about h*ll, the songs are Suddenly I See, and You Give Love a Bad Name. Other games like this that I have rated include Beatles Rock Band

I like the setlist on this game

Good setlist. My favorite song to play on this game is "Every Little Thing She Does Is Magic" by The Police. The chorus to that songs used the term "Turn me on" which means you love something. Also, kids might be introduced to rock 'n' roll. Some other songs on this game that I like are "Fire" by Jimi Hendrix, "Crocodile Rock" by Elton John, "We Will Rock You/We Are the Champions" by Queen, "Summer of '69" by Bryan Adams, "You Give Love A Bad Name" by Bon Jovi and "Free Fallin'" by Tom Petty. Plus, "hell" is used in "You Give Love A Bad Name" by Bon Jovi.

Fun game, in a way. The graphics are good, but this doesn't register on drums too well.

This is educational because it can teach/encourage kids to play the real instrument. The only thing I don't like is the instruments, If you have the Wii version, a guitar is about $90 and a drum set is about $200, though you can just use a mic, you can't play without a mic, guitar, or drum set. I only find 2 bad songs, "You Give Love a Bad Name" and "Suddenly I See". I give this 3 stars because there's only 45 songs, and unlike Rock Band 2, for some reason the notes don't seem to register as good. The good thing is you can turn on an automatic kick drum for drums, because these drum charts and guitar charts are way too hard for kids, but you can't fail out of a song, and there's super easy mode. In guitar, you only have to strum. In drums, you can hit any pad. In vocals, you can sing as high or low as you want.

lego rock band

they say d*mn and h*ll but its fun to play bass guitair drums and vocal

I'm gonna get it and play it (either on ds or wii)

well, my parents might not let me play this because its a rock band style game,but the lyrics arent very questionable,as the main review states. just one "hell".

Rock On!

This was my first rock band game. Its easy to play, fun, and has lego characters! Sure there are a few times the h-word is said in a few songs (You give love a bad name and suddenly i see), but it is by far one of the best music games for kids. In some challenges there are a few instances of violence.

be warned

there is some language!

Five stars! Love it!

This is a great game for kids who love jamming out and for lego lovers!

Far too simple and watered-down

It's depressing to me that people feel the need to sell dumbed down versions of games to children now, rather then giving them the normal version and letting them feel a sense of accomplishment as they improve. I remeber playing Glover on the N64, and that game was really difficult for me, but when I actually completed the level it felt awesome. There was no "no-fail mode", it was do or die. Anyway, the game is still pretty fun, but I see no reason not just to get the original game.

Better than I thought it would be!

I was pretty skeptical about this game when I saw the commerical on TV. But now I have it and love it! The game is pretty easy to play, but the guitar and bass hammer-ons & pull-offs aren't very good, but w/e. Plus, the LEGO figures are kinda cute (in a way), how they dance around and play music. The cut scenes are funny even without voices, which is what makes them funnier! Although there are a few suggestive lyrics (haven't heard any yet, but the box says so) it's a game for the whole family! Love it! You should get it!