Want personalized picks that fit your family?

Set preferences to see our top age-appropriate picks for your kids.

Get age-based picks

Parent reviews for Letters on the Loose

Leapster L-Max activities teach the alphabet.

No reviews yetAdd your rating

No reviews yetAdd your rating
Adult Written bynana m April 9, 2008

great game!

4 yr old loved it. Got it for xmas and has already mastered it. 2 yr old trying to play it now. Highly recommend.
Adult Written bybarnett April 9, 2008

Amazing game for letter learners!

I've got to say, I am completely impressed with this game! My son is 6 and he loves to play it and it really re-inforces what he's learning in school. He already knew his alphabet, but the writing practice is really helping him. My daughter is 3 and she's already starting to write her letters thanks to this game. The only frustration for her is that you have to press the button on the side of the l-max pen at the same time that you are trying to play the game. That's a little much for a three-year-old's hands. So she needs lots of help to play. I think this game is a little frustrating for 3 year olds and would advise most people to hold off until their kids are 4-6. It depends on if they have expressed any interest in writing on their own yet. If you've had experience with other tracing games on leapster cartridges (Disney Princesses or Mr. Pencil) this one is much, MUCH more forgiving and less frustrating than those. So it's a vast improvement over those games. Plus, being able to see what you've written on the TV screen is very fun! This is an awesome game and both of my kids are loving it!