Parent reviews for LittleBigPlanet

Amazing game where you play, create, and share.

Adult Written byRealReview007 June 26, 2020

Side Scrolling Fun for the Ages

A cool platformer for the Playstation. Youre a Sackboy that you can later dress in different ways. You go to an adventure in different beautifully created stages and collect bubbles. A few spooky were made with a Halloween theme, but nothing too scary to give you nightmares. This game is very kid friendly, online community is somewhat fun. Just watch out for online bullies. There's also create your own stage in Little Big Planet that you can share online, the only limit is your imaginations and creativity skills. There are game trophies to achieve as well and DLCs to get but it's mostly cosmetics that doesnt affect gameplay. Controls are easy to master if you pay attention in the first stage. Graphics and sounds are also very pleasing. All in all, any child that can work a controller will like this fun and vibrant game. Its a must own by all Playstation 3 owners.

Adult Written byangellikes June 3, 2020

Best games I played during my younger years.

This game released when I was 20 years old. It's one of the best creative games back then in the late 2000's. While this game is very far from blood and gore, it is pretty dangerous going around the levels the games and the community provide you. You have spike, electrical objects, fire objects, gas objects, and more things to kill you cute sackboy or sackgirl. I also mentioned sexual content in the game. While this game doesn't naturally have sex in the game, there is a offline mode in the game where you have blocks to build with from your adventures in Story Mode. This, however, is a very modified service, and whenever the LBP staff sees inappropriate content in the game, they tend to take it down or just report it. But, however, it may never be noticed and little kids will be exposed to it. However, in the game there is one character in the game that is smoking pot, but I think that was super rare in the game for younger kids to see, so there isn't really a concern for that. There is also a option in the game to join another person's pod (personal lobby space) which the hosts can bully the guests, Ways the people can leave is going to settings, host kicking them out of their pod, or losing connection to the Internet. Otherwise, the story line plot is pretty good and there's so many positive role models and messages to take down the villian of Story Mode.

Adult Written byCODIE D. November 26, 2018

Good!

I don't care what people say! This is one of the best games i ever played back in 2016 and live on to this day. This is like my 3rd year playing the game. Best game next to Angry Birds and Mario and Pok A mon
Adult Written byBob the fries August 5, 2018

Scratch.mit.edu on console!

This cheap bit of hardware let’s players show their imagination to the world! It’s cool, and if for some reason u don’t want them looking at player made, turn of the internet!

Adult Written byBajantomorrow April 17, 2017

Clever, inventive game for the whole family

We love this game which is fun to play as an adult or child. It's a fast moving game so a younger child (6) may find it challenging depending on how dexterous they are.

We like the story and narration, the ability to customise your character, the challenge of the levels and the ability to create your own games. The community area can have some hazards as a couple of reviewers have noted. Our child only has access to community features when supervised for this reason.

Parent of a 8-year-old Written byMumMe May 4, 2016

Awesome game for kids and grown ups

As an introduction to gaming and gaming consoles this game was terrific for my daughter who was 6 when I got it for her. It might require some help at first with pre-readers, but it is fun to play along with your kids and can be just as stimulating and exciting to grown-ups as children.
I know some adults who love this game and I enjoy it when I need to relax a little.
I love the creativity and ability to influence their own environment that this game allows too. There are follow-ups too so if we get tired of this one we can move on to LBP2 or LBP3.
I would caution against online access for very young players though as there is a tendency among online players to corrupt the game a little with extra violence and references which might well disturb very young viewers.
But then again I'd not advise un-monitored and unsupervised online gaming for anyone under at least 14 years of age anyway, and even then parents need to allow it with mindful of what their individual child is capable of coping with.
Whenever there is an online component to a game there are safety and privacy issues which need to be considered.

Parent Written byAwesome DaD July 9, 2015

Must Buy PlayStation3 VideoGame

Violence.... Sex.....Profanity......... Smoking and Drinking.... Nothing is available in the game and that makes it awesome.

Parent of a 4, 7, 8, 10, and 12-year-old Written byDeejzeh June 3, 2014

Horrible game!

This game came with the play station we bought. The game seems harmless and appropriate for kids (ours are ages 4 thru 12 we have 5 kids) BUT anyone is allowed to create a level and characters that everyone can access. There are characters called slinderman and Jeff the killer that my kids found and started talking about and liking them. We got rid of the game after that. Then just today a story came out on the news that 2 12yr old girls tried to kill their best friend by stabbing her 19 times in an attempt to impress slinderman...no those characters are not made by the game maker itself but the fact that those types of characters are allowed on that game and accessible to small children makes this game TOTALLY inappropriate for anyone under 16 or so.

Parent of a 9-year-old Written byVcharlot September 27, 2012

Have the parents recommending this really been watching?

First of all, it is a very creative and engaging game.
BUT, I would not recommend allowing any child younger than 12 or 13 connecting to the community and playing user-generated levels/worlds. Here are a few things that I have personally witnessed:
Some themes: death row, complete with electric chair; tsunami, where everyone is drowning and dying; walls with the "f word" scrawled all over them; worlds where "blood" is splattered everywhere...
I have also seen players saying rude/crude things to one another, including cursing and my son has received a multitude of strange messages from people about arguments between players.
In addition, players whose names include years such as 1974, etc. whom I assume to be adults have tried to "friend" him.
Needless to say, we have gotten rid of this game. Allowing any child younger than 13 or 14 to play this while connected to the community is like allowing them to particpate in a virtual "no man's land". Not good. Not good at all.

Written byAnonymous February 28, 2012

LBP2

A very fun game with cute character. A good storyline and awesome online features and gameplay. There may be some bad stuff someone has made but you can report that in the good grief section of the game, and M&M does act quickly to get it off. The physic in are great (you can really test Newtons 3 laws of motion in this game). LBP2 is basically a better version of LBP with newer and cooler features and cooler costumes.

Parent of a 10 and 13-year-old Written byTheRightGuy101 August 26, 2011

May be scary for younger gamers...

When I played this, I admit It was very eerie in one of the levels when your in a castle or something and it is haunted. The ghost and all are not scary but the music and sound effects are. Besides that a cute family-friendly game for all gamers! The online does tend to have blood. Not splurts but the creators can be smart and put " Red Paint " on some spooky levels representing blood! Online can be violent. Online should be supervised by an older person. Fine for 4 and over [ NOT UNDER, OVER ]. Deserves a 4/5

Adult Written bygow0304 June 22, 2011

LittleBigPlanet

Very family- friendly game, with an adorable little character that you can customize and solve puzzles with.

Adult Written bydrummond.berman... February 16, 2011
It is the absolute best game I have ever played! The sequel is also extremely good.

Parent of a 4 and 6-year-old Written byCountryMom27 January 10, 2011

Difficult, not for under 9, not the cute family game promised.

MUCH too difficult for 8 or under. I'm a pretty good gamer, and I have trouble playing! It's a cute game with a cute concept - but there are deadly ghosts, if you die you pop up again but only 4 times before you have to replay the level, and nearly every button on the controller is used making it very complex.

I was disappointed - thought it was a creative puzzle game that was family-friendly. It's like Super Mario Brothers on steroids with very difficult levels and deadly enemies. I'd pass.
Parent of a 6, 9, and 10-year-old Written bypalguira September 19, 2010

Adult Written byTom_Gamer_Tom June 6, 2010

The first time I have tried a kids game.

This is appropiate for any age really, But a huge problem is it will bore anyone younger than 10. It bored me within about 15 minutes. Its like a failing Mario. The sack person can die but it isn't violent. Its just for people who don't get bored of rubbish. The problem is I will willingly play Call of duty for 12 hours straight. But I couldn't possibly do that with this game. I just got rid of it instantly. Traded it in and got half what I paid. I'm not happy with it. It will entertain 6 year olds.
Parent of a 5-year-old Written byqwertyuiop10 March 2, 2010

GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Greatest Game Ever Made!

Adult Written byLPHead February 12, 2010

Perfect for all ages -- including Adults!!

Parent of a 12, 13, and 14-year-old Written byShassmom3 November 9, 2009
Great for the whole family!

Parent of a 2 and 4-year-old Written byMckeeFamily November 4, 2009

A little difficult to control for younger kids

My husband and I love this game, my 4yo son likes it but it's difficult for him to play...great fun game - even just to watch!