Parent reviews for Lord of the Rings: The Battle for Middle Earth 2

Good storytelling, average gameplay for teens-up.

Adult Written byMi3 February 5, 2011

Adult Written byTommy from NY October 8, 2010

Great for almost all ages!

This game is barely considered violent, because their is no blood, corpses disappear almost instantaneously, and the battles are seen from a bird's eye view. Their is no swearing, and no drinking, drugs, or smoking. This is a great game for almost all ages!
Adult Written byZacharia.cd April 9, 2008

Good Lord of the Rings RTS

Overall a good RTS and better than the sequel I gave it educational value becuse of the information about tha books and the different characters which sounds kind of stupid now that I think about it but oh well, overall a good game and only slightly violent, no blood at all but obviously death, if you can watch the movies you can play the game.
Adult Written byshevek April 9, 2008

Great game -- but watch the online messaging

Hands-down, the game is great and appropriate for a wide audience. Violence is minimal and the strategic element is accessible even to younger kids. My concern is the messaging during online play. I don't see enough controls for monitoring or avoiding inappropriate speech or screen names by players. There is supposed to be a chat monitor, but there aren't good ways of contacting this person and I've never seen them intervene. No info given on chat rules, either. The online play is great, but be careful!
Adult Written byMr. E April 9, 2008

Great game!!

Its the best, good for boys who love fantasy!