Kid reviews for Lord of the Rings: The Battle for Middle Earth 2

Good storytelling, average gameplay for teens-up.

Kid, 11 years old August 7, 2012

Fun but violent

I have the game for xbox360 but I'm not sure about the computer version. The game is really fun but it's pretty hard. It doesn't have any blood but when someone get's shot with a flaming arrow they can be set ablaze. There are some scary bad guys but they look cartoony.

Kid, 12 years old November 15, 2010

Elves of Rivendell, unite under the power of the Ring and drive out the orcs!

This... is... awesome! I have forever wished to play as the elves, united under the banner of Elrond, and that wish came true. This game allows you to build and use your own heros from any of the races, and you control huge armies in a quest of power! Play as the Evil or Good side and take control of the Ring! The Bad side is the one with the Oliphaunts so... It has never been so good to be bad! A great game for fans of strategy and the LOTR franchise, it will take time to understand, and there is violence, but the smart gamer will have it figured out.

Teen, 17 years old Written byFenris October 18, 2010

Lord of the Rings success again!

This is the best game ever, i bought it when it came out, and I stil have it and play it. No blood bodies are gone right when they hit the ground. If you like strategy this is for you.

Kid, 12 years old August 28, 2010

great for lord of the rins fans

this is a really good strategy game viewed from a diagonal birds eye view. there is fighting, but it could be rated E10+. there is no blood or anything and the bodies slowly fade into the ground. after my friend showed me this game my 9 year old brother got it. if you have seen the movies and like them than this game is perfect. it also involves thinking.

Teen, 16 years old Written byiamJMAN00793 June 22, 2010

A good RTS for younger tweens

Lord of the Rings: The Battle for Middle Earth 2 does have a lot of fighting and killing but nothing graphic and bodies disappear in a few seconds. A good game for tweens.

Teen, 14 years old Written byskyheart15 February 11, 2010

Great game, rating by Common Sense Review Unfair

Great sequel to the frst- game play even better with amazing storytelling. It does have killing, but from a stragy standpoint. No blood or gore, everything from a birds eye view. Hardly any consumerism. Would recommend to anyone 10+

Kid, 11 years old November 11, 2009
That is a lie there is no movie clips amd the consumerism is unnoticeable if there is any. all battles are seen from a birds eye view and the bodies disapear almost instantly. There is no blood or gore and the game is great.
Kid, 10 years old October 11, 2009

Perfect for 10 and up

LOVE IT!!!! Its a fine game, with violence, but no blood or gore. Its strategey, so you see it from far away. The worst is when a troll dies, and the bones sink into the ground.

Teen, 14 years old Written byKaty0 January 22, 2009

Very fun!

My dad, brother, sister, and I really enjoy this game.
The strategy of the levels are fun to figure out and some levels are tough when you aren't allowed many men to fight with.
The violence isn't something to really worry about;no blood, no body parts flying, etc. Enemies simply fall to the ground and disappear.
Kid, 11 years old December 19, 2008

Great game

This game is good.great graphics,sound,plot,andgameplay.The only thing bad about is that the presequal had the storyline of the books and movies but in this one youll be doing the storyline with charechters and in places that were mostly in the Hobbit so if you want a video game with the plot of the movies you should get the first one.

Get the Expansion Pack, then it's a 5 star

The Head line said it all.
Teen, 14 years old Written byBobb April 9, 2008

Horrible follow-up to one of the best games ever

This game eliminated all that made the first game good in favor of cliched gameplay, horrible story, and abysmal single-payer. Avoid like the plague.
Teen, 13 years old Written byMuzikfreak137 April 9, 2008

AMAZING Sequel

This is one of the most amazing sequels I have ever played. Usually game sequels are just a new version of the first with a new character or two. This one adds lots of new features and factions. It is great for anyone who is a fan of the movies or just enjoys a good RTS. It is a must-buy! I have owned this for about 2-3 years and still play it!