Kid reviews for Mafia: Definitive Edition

Mafia: Definitive Edition Poster Image

A Compellingly Well-written Crime Drama Game

MAFIA: Definitive Edition is a much needed remake of the original crime drama game MAFIA: The City of Lost Heaven. This game is the definition of video game storytelling reaching movie levels of quality. The writing is great, the characters are likeable and have some depth to them. The cutscenes are very well directed and the story is compellingly character-driven. Violence is moderate. Some shootouts occur with mild blood splatter and high body counts. Some fist fights occur with little to no blood. Some cutscenes can be a bit bloody, but the game is short of any gore. Language is infrequently strong. Use of "f#!k", "$h!t", "damn" and "pu$$y" are heard. Sexual content is mild. Some infrequent innuendo. One mission takes place in a brothel with some suggestive clothing seen. Drugs & use of alcohol is present. There's a smaller storyline that's about growing the main business selling quality alcohol. Some characters are seen smoking cigars, cigarettes and getting drunk.

One of the greatest games I've ever played

However, there are some things that parents should probably know before purchasing the game for their kids. As said in other reviews of this game, there is no nudity. However there are prostitutes that wear revealing outfits and there is a brief sex scene (You don't see any nudity, just the noises and a shot of the guy getting off of the girl). It's nothing that someone aged 12-13 probably couldn't handle. My only complaint is that the controls are kinda wacky at times. It's not unbearable however it can get pretty hard to get used to at first. The violence isn't too bad either. Blood is shown when enemies are shot however its nothing you wouldn't see in a typical action movie. Another thing I'll add is that the swearing in this game isn't that much of a problem either. Yes, obviously there is swearing but it doesn't go anywhere beyond "f--k" and your other typical swear words. Nothing that can't be heard in middle school. The story of the game is near perfection and will have you in tears by the time the credits roll. Overall: if you're into mafia related history then this is the perfect game for you, it has a fantastic story, along with lovable characters and a great setting. 9.5/10.

Good for kids who are into mafia history

It’s a good game but has some prostitution but no nudity is shown. I think kids 10 and up should be able to play this.

This game Is amazing

I Really Really like this game It is such a good mafia game with the fantastic story But I have one single problem with this game,,, THE RACE mission it was soooooooo hard for me to complete But I completed it after maybe around 23 times, But everything else in this game is amazing

9/10 - A Successful Remake by Hangar 13

The Voice acting is on top of this game, the characters faces have lot changes but still identical. the characters dialogue are more variety and more emotion than the original. the gameplay mechanics still same from mafia 3 but not repetitive and more simpler. worth to play and not disappointing, still the best story written game I have ever played.

I love this game

Their is not much language no sex their is violence and their is no drugs but their is drinking and smoking. Another thing you should know about this game is that their is melee violence and some blood. I hope you found this useful!

Good

It is a great game for a little more mature 11 year olds

Not bad

As usual common sense over exaggerated. The Game is amazing btw. But the sexual content is little to none there is one scene where you go the brothel but nothing is shown the women do say some suggestive stuff but nothing they haven’t heard before. Violence is bad but the same as call of duty.