Parent of a 11 year old Written bymikeisawesome123 January 7, 2011

So not for kids!!

Very violent and inappropriate game!! Players can shoot innocent civilians, rob stores, shoot cops, steal cars, pay prostitutes to comit sexual acts with you, look at pictures of old Playboy magazines involving fulled nude women using drugs. Players also kill black gang members and get into fist fights with people. Players use various weapons to kill people.
Parent of a 13 year old Written bytrustedreviewman August 28, 2010

Playboys in it

This is personally one of my favorites games ever because I love mafia movies. This game is definitely not for minors because of the nudity and the sex. My first example of the nudity is the playboy mags as the collectibles, most free roam games feature collectibles such as rubber bands, cards, bobbleheads, and balloons. The worst part about the mags is that they are viewable and show bare breasts and buttocks. There are some nude scenes involving characters in the game. There is also the constant use of the f-word and other swear words. The violence is nothing worse than Call of Duty. The game is about a crime ring with payback and stuff similar to the horse head in the bed from The Godfather. A much better choice that is similar to Mafia II is The Godfather Video Game, THE FIRST ONE not the second. The second has nudity.
Parent Written byBrad W. October 8, 2016

Not bad at all!

Kids parents are way to over protective! Not only is this games violence mild and not disturbing, (Much like GTA 5) their is no sexual content in the game, but there is quite strong swearing. I would highly recommend this title to anyone wanting to introduce their kids to open world games.
Parent Written byAnne Sudusha June 25, 2012

Great for kids 12+

It is a great learning experience and expands kids cultural views. Its not like kids are going to go out and do the very few questionable things in the game. Great learning experience
Adult Written byoakraiderfan November 27, 2010

NOT FOR KIDS UNDER 17

I love the game but the violence and the language and the nudity is not for KIDS it should be played by MATURE AUDIENCES ONLY
Adult Written byKate Maran September 14, 2010

Great Story, Great Game, Bad Learning

The bottom line is that if the kids do good in school or always seem sad because while his friends are playing and you make hiim do chores instead that why not just let him or her get it I do not recommend this to any young group of kids
Adult Written byTom_Gamer_Tom August 27, 2010

Amazing but has so much mature content.

I got this game yesterday but Have played it for a long time, Enough to judge this. I got it on release (Its the 27th in UK) Because I liked the first. The violence is pretty high with plenty of blood and a scene where a man gets his throat slit and then has the knife stabbed right into his neck. And is just left there with the knife in him. You do a lot of hand to hand combat, Part of the main game. Shooting contains lots of blood but no limb losses. The sexual content is the highest in a PS3 game In my opinion, You can collect playboy mags, Which aren't animated... They are real playboy pictures. And you get every bit of nudity and the game is simply wrong. The language is high, I get enough swears to blow my head off. But its funny swearing. "Get me to Alberto" Forgot his name... "The Painter?" "No the F*cking doctor you idiot" Its quite a comedy. "He nearly shot my balls off" Its in good humour. You can get cocaine and drugs. Its really mature.
Adult Written bygow0304 June 22, 2011

Mafia 2

Pretty decent game, but it is over the top violent, lots of sex, alcohol, tobacco, drugs and cursing. I am not generally affected my foul language, but the "F" word was used so often that I had to walk away from it a few times.
Adult Written byFatelord October 23, 2010
Adult Written bysyedzainb January 19, 2015

not for kids

dis game includes a vast amount of profanity and sexual themes
Parent Written byjtrrocks5 December 30, 2012

Playboy!!!???

I usually allow my child to play games like this but my main problem with this game is that there are naked pictures of old playboys. There are a total of 50 playboy pictures that you can pick up and keep. Once you find the playboys, you can look at them whenever you want.
Adult Written bywhats it to ya February 26, 2011

13 and up

i love the game i think if your kid is 13 and mature then let them play
Parent of a 17 year old Written byhulk1996 August 31, 2010

love it good for me

love
Adult Written byGTAmania November 19, 2015

Great Game

this game is such a good written story it's amazing but a few things about the game is violence is pretty bad since it about the mafia and is really realistic of how the mafia was then language is ok you know f word b word and there's no sex the only thing there is isthe strip club but you don't need to go there so if your 14 and older you can play it o and if your kid saw godfather good fellas or scarface you can play this game
Parent of a 4, 6, 9, and 10 year old Written byjackson miller April 24, 2014

Great game

I never played Mafia games or watched the movie but the 3rd game is coming out and one of my son's wanted Mafia 2. I got it from GameStop surprised it was removed from steam. But I heard the game had playboys but they were removed in an update because if backlash and loss of the rights. The game has lots of guns and shooting in missions and blood comes from a gun shots. The game has a nice open world that lots of kids and adults would find fun. There is swearing throughout the game but ALL Cutsceneces are able to be skipped. The game also has great cars it looks like older cars and the radios play older songs like book of love and life could be a dream. There are bars but no stripclubs or that stuff in the game. This game may have a Mature rating but I think it deserves a second chance. I highly urge you to play this game if you can find it.
Parent of a 10 year old Written bylittlereviewer12345 July 1, 2013

Excellent!

It is a very good game, but my first son aged, 13 loves it. It is based around a New York city, you are a gangster, who is fighting with sometimes gangs and by himself, it is a mob based game, you can turn language of in settings and the same with blood. My other child aged 10 sometimes plays it, while I am on the computer poking around.
Parent Written byBlueDragon7100 April 19, 2013

Its ok, no one under 14 or 12 so should play it.

Its a good Grand Theft Auto like game but not as Violent, and its more linear than Grand Theft auto in terms of story. There is little swearing, however the game holds the record of number times the F word is used. And the N word is used but it takes place in a time where it was commonly used still, but I wouldn't let this set aside a good game. There are no real-world items accept for the Weapons and Music, and the names of products are changed very subtly from their original. It takes place in 1945 and 1951 and you play as Italian-American Vito Scaletta who went to jail but got out on account of WW2, and was released from a wound. He does jobs for the mafia, as the name implys. It has violence as you would expect from a game that involves the mafia. There are some scenes where you are in a strip club. Its actually more like a Interactive Movie than a game but a content expansion allows open world play. It is also way more realistic than Grand Theft Auto or any other mostly driving game i ever played. I wouldn't let anyone under 12 play this.
Parent Written byJackie Cudomo June 25, 2012

Great learning experience

I watched my 13 year old play this game, and the worst thing he did was shoot another gang member. It is no worse than any Call of Duty game, so if your teen has Call of Duty, this game is perfectly fine.
Parent of a 14 year old Written byhaloisgood October 4, 2010

it is good

It is a good game but be carefull if you are buying it for a child i would hate to see this become the next GTA 4
Adult Written byMobsterD September 27, 2010

Mafia II- great for adults, but bad influence for kids

For the record, I love this game, but I got it for an 18th birthday present and it should be kept as an 18th birthday present. It's a very good story , but it sends wrong messages, there is too much sex and nudity for kids, and the role models aren't meant for kids