Kid reviews for MAG

Ambitious, online-only military shooter with 256 players.

Teen, 13 years old Written byFunkboy565 February 7, 2010

MAG a revolutionary game the is a pleasant suprise

This is my first game in the first-person shooter genre, and it is the best! Not overly violent because the game is based on objectives not kill everyone in your sight. The blood is not noticeable whatsoever. The biggest concern is if your child has a headset they might hear language, players are obviously unpredictable. As I pointed out, violence is not the main objective. As a soldier you are to protect or over run a communications tower, protect a tank, or destroy an oil rig. I encourage every teenage boy to look into this game and chose S.V.E.R as your faction because they are obviously the best.

Teen, 13 years old Written byChuckness April 15, 2010

A great game, but the community is deplorable.

This game is great. Although I'm not too happy with all the players. They team kill, swear violently, teabag, and that's just my teammates! The other team snipes, teabags, swears even worse, spawn kills, and spams the whole game. There actually is a way to turn off the voice chat, by muting it when you start a new match every time, but it doesn't work. I mean, my friend did it, and he can't hear voices! Anyway, this game is awesome, but you have to be able to handle the f- bombs from noobish players, and learn to play well fast, to outdo the other team.

Kid, 11 years old January 30, 2010

Ok for tweens

The best FPS game for the PS3. If you are really good at FPS games and own a PS3, it's a must have. I'm concerned about the fact that they tell you to damage the other teams bases, steal their vehicles, and destroy the oil supply. This game is all about oil. It may be educational to kids that they shouldn't be wasting gas or oil and such otherwise, we will end up in a crisis like in the game. Also, parents should watch out for what other players say online but like any other online game, it happens. This game is strictly online so if parents don't allow their kids to go on the internet or make a PlayStation Network account, I recommend them not getting this game.

Educational Value
Kid, 10 years old August 26, 2011

Difficult

It's a fine game if you like playing online. I find that it is very difficult to play because by now the game has been out two years.
Kid, 11 years old January 20, 2011

Great game

I play this at my friends house a lot the only blood is a thing thats red and it looks like a boom sign in cartoons it is kinda' violent but not bad i think this is a good game

Teen, 13 years old Written bytommy18 February 8, 2010

Good game. Finally a T shooter.

It follows from the passage of CoD really. But the online is better because its orientated entirely on online. Its only online, So its going to have language and frustrated kids from getting ordered around by higher ranks. When you get to the highest rank you can order 255 players around. Not much blood or anything else. Easy to play, Same controls as all shooters.

Teen, 15 years old Written byArkzone148 September 15, 2012

An Ok Game With Some Violence, Language

MAG is a pretty fun First Person Shooter game, based on online play. Though MAG isnt as over the top as most First Person Shooters and war based games, there is a fair amount of violence. You have the ability to kill other players fwith a large array of weapons, from pistols and assualt rifles, to grenades and sniper rifles, and you can also kill enemies with a tactical knife. The game also lets you kill enemies while they are down or hurt, and blood spurts from enemies when they are attacked. There is also some mild language, but nothing too bad. Overall, it's a fairly fun shooting game you should try out if you have PS3, and I'd say teens around 13 or 14 can handle it.

Teen, 14 years old Written byRussianSn1per August 17, 2011

Its Good for Kids

I have played this game for a while and its a fun game for younger children with their eyes on games like Call of duty Black Ops. It may cause older children (14+)to lose interest after A while. If you however have a choice between COD or MAG; Mag is more kid safe while COD is an infinitely better game.
Kid, 12 years old May 22, 2010
overall looking at the games online i think this game isn't an issue. it is much better and no blood shows than modern warfare 2

Kid, 10 years old March 29, 2012

This is a nine year olds review.

@melissa m. I agree That people Swear, But Scary? At least it's Not Black Ops. This is an amazing game, and it hardly is anywhere near scary. the blood is unrealistic, yes you can kill people on the ground, and there are a few safety concerns, but this isnt a bad game. Violience: 3/5. minimal blood, knifing, and a wide variety of guns. Ease of play: 2/5 Slightly different controls. Easy to use, Hard to master. Language: 1/5 Minimal Uses of Hell, And D**n.

Educational Value
Kid, 12 years old June 27, 2011

Teens+

The actual game is about 12+ but online chat ups it to my rating. While playing I heard sexual references, extreme strong language, drug reference, and much more. Since the obvious lack of filters, children could possibly be lured into giving away info about themselves (as with alot of online games).

Kid, 10 years old June 25, 2011

MAG is great

well this game is OK if you mute the noise so you cant hear anybody.The game focuses on teamwork in your squad so communicating is the key.most people that play this game are like 10-14 so there shouldn't too much language.I got the demo for my PS3 and it was awesome! it also teaches you about how teamwork is valuable

Teen, 14 years old Written bythe good one January 12, 2011

Fun..but not worth it

i have the game and there is nothing too bad about this game.although the online interactions are terrible.people say the F*** word like its a good thing (but can be prevented)and not realistic at all.the in game cussing happens almost never.the only thing in dont like about the game is it takes like 10 to 20 shots to kill someone and can get boring kind of fast.if i were u id get Black Ops.

Teen, 14 years old Written byeagles4ever December 7, 2010

MAG

I have this game, it might look cool, but trust me it gets really boring after sometime. When you respawn it takes about like 5 minutes to do so. And when you go out you might not even get to the frontline and get shot down as soon as you respawn so that might get aggravating, so get this game if you like massive online battles, but otherwise I recommend for you not to get it.
Teen, 13 years old Written bySethlapod February 6, 2010

Perfect for practically everyone!

Thsi game is the best! In the game you rely on teamwork to get your goal and that's the only way to go. Not too violent, the only violent parts are when you are shot, slashed with a knife, or blown up with a grenade, and blood is VERY minimal. Language isn't very common and very mild, like an occassional h*ll or d*mn, etc. This is the perfect FPS for teens and pre-teens! Maybe even younger!

Teen, 14 years old Written bywolverine620 November 1, 2010
This game is good for any 12 year old or up. It isn't nearly as violent as many other shooting games such as COD or Bad Company. And i disagree that this game will want to make your kids want to be a soldier when they grow up because they see how often other people as well as yourself die (every 1min) and i don't know of any kids that want dieing as part of their career..

Teen, 16 years old Written byhawk80 June 15, 2010

Lots of fun, just fine for teens and older preteens

It takes some getting used to, but is a very fun, action-packed game that is a whole lot of fun. The language isn't a huge issue, but is present, however minor it is. The blood is extremely minor and isn't seen freguently. I would say that this is just about as appropriate as a "Star Wars" game. But it was rated "T" for a reason. People a little younger than 13 can play this in my opinion, and I PROMISE I'm not being biased as a kid. Definetly worth buying.
Teen, 16 years old Written byThe Informer February 3, 2010

Well, they got the "Massive" part.

MAG, in my opinion, is a very average game. It has technical issues, the gameplay is not as fun as Modern Warfare 2, and it has a steep learning curve. It's still a good game, but nothing special. In terms of how appropriate it is, it's fine. The only blood in the game is just red flashes on the screen when you're hit. However, you might hear cussing from other people with headsets.