Parent reviews for Manhunt

Incredibly gruesome -- not for kids of any age.

Adult Written byBaja500 April 8, 2015

If your stomach can handle it, you'll enjoy playing through it.

I'll admit that when I first played Manhunt, I had to take breaks. It was such a disturbing and unnerving experience. After further exposure though, I managed to play for hours straight with no problems.

The story is straightforward. You play as a criminal whose life has been spared, and instead has been forced to participate in a snuff film. Everybody is out to get you, and you have to kill them all to escape.

The story is disturbing, the executions are actually imitable in real life, the language is profane. This game definitely is not for the faint of heart, and definitely is not meant for kids.

The difficulty is fair, the controls are smooth, and the atmosphere is well captured. It's a great stealth based game. You just have to be hardened enough to play it.

Ease of Play
Adult Written byQazxswedcvfr July 22, 2019

Another awful review from Common Sense Media

The problem with Common Sense is that they seem to give games poor ratings due to graphic content instead of actual game quality, Manhunt delivers scary atmosphere, solid gameplay, and visuals that hold up to this day. In short, it is a good horror game that explores the darkest part of human curiosity. Just because a game is violent doesn’t mean it’s not good Common Sense
Adult Written byreviewerofvideogames May 15, 2021

Very Violent

This is the most violent video game in the entire world. Never let your children play this game because they can kill people in this game and maybe your child could become the killer. SO PLEASE DON'T LET THEM PLAY
Adult Written byFanboy2 March 26, 2020
Adult Written bysml fan September 9, 2019

Good game

Good game for people 17+ and M stands for 17+ not 18+

Privacy & Safety
Parent of a 2, 7, 13, and 16-year-old Written bycontador palator September 3, 2019

very very violent

have a lot of violence and blood i hate it

Ease of Play
Parent of a 8-year-old Written byKill Bill vol .1 August 18, 2019

Parents just need to chill

This game is exactly like the real life manhunt. I wonder why parents will let kids play the real life game and not this game. So 1st off exactly like the real game u are getting hunted down like people and the point is to kill people. I know parents will be overreacting but there is worse stuff in real life

Adult Written bysteve m. October 10, 2017

manhunt

dont let your kids play this extremely grusome 18
Adult Written byNellie B. May 21, 2017

This game is disturbing

Just straight up sadistic violence. It tries to push violence in video games to a whole new level, so I don't really know I have the right wether this game deserves to exist. Is there a Not Suitable For Humans rating?

Adult Written byLily B. March 9, 2017

Adult Written byTheInsaneDude June 25, 2015

Parents, stop being stupid.

I played this when I was 13, currently I'm 18. I loved this game, as a gorehound it's pretty damn good, I mean, it's not really for those kids that have very conservative and stupidly restricting parents, because god forbid they play a game with 'realistic' dismemberment. The graphics are horribly dated, the blood looks like pixels (Oh yes, scary pixellated blood!) And there's a story, but it's crap so, just enjoy the senseless murder and destruction. I came out just fine and I've played games like these right from my preteen years up until now. I honestly think society overreacts over a game.
Adult Written byWiseguy897 February 18, 2015

Good game

Adult Written byplokoon1 January 25, 2012

h-o-r-r-i-b-l-e-!-!-!-!

Privacy & Safety
Adult Written byschwango November 27, 2011

DO NOT BUY

One, this is one of the worst games ive ever played. Second, the violence is taken to such an extreme, i almost want to barf. THere is blood everywhere, there is torture, and you are MURDRING PEOPLE!!! The language is always taken to an extreme, and you can be sure that you can hear an F-Bomb at leas once every five minutes. DO NOT BUY!!!
Parent of a 11-year-old Written bygamereviewer6469 July 9, 2011

...

oh my gosh

Parent of a 2, 3, 10, and 17-year-old Written byThe Quinnster56 March 18, 2011

Great for kids of all ages.

I think it is ok for kids once they understand that the content featured in the game is not right.

Educational Value
Adult Written byBubblesbajevas November 23, 2010
The game is great just really gory but if you like games that screw with your head or like stealth games then go try it out not for the kiddies though.
Parent Written byPlague December 15, 2009

Manhunt

Brutal and fun, but sometimes confusing and fustrating becasue you will die a LOT. If you have a good head on your shoulders and you are a patient person, this game is just for you. Lots of blood, torture, and death. But what do you expect? The game is called Manhunt.
Adult Written byJake Clawson August 1, 2009

This game should only be played by teens 15 and up.

This game is violent but it's all in self-defense. Gang-bangers are trying to murder you and you have to use any weapons you can get. The police in this game are not the good guys but not the bad guys. They are just caught in the cross-fire.
Parent of an infant and 3-year-old Written byfman February 5, 2009

Very disturbing

A really gory and disturbing game i loved the premise and i loved the atmosphere and almost everything about it but it really is a sick,violent game and not for anyone minor.