Want personalized picks that fit your family?

Set preferences to see our top age-appropriate picks for your kids.

Get age-based picks

Parent reviews for Manhunt

Incredibly gruesome -- not for kids of any age.

Adult Written byTheInsaneDude June 25, 2015

Parents, stop being stupid.

I played this when I was 13, currently I'm 18. I loved this game, as a gorehound it's pretty damn good, I mean, it's not really for those kids that have very conservative and stupidly restricting parents, because god forbid they play a game with 'realistic' dismemberment. The graphics are horribly dated, the blood looks like pixels (Oh yes, scary pixellated blood!) And there's a story, but it's crap so, just enjoy the senseless murder and destruction. I came out just fine and I've played games like these right from my preteen years up until now. I honestly think society overreacts over a game.
Parent of a 2, 3, 10, and 17 year old Written byThe Quinnster56 March 18, 2011

Great for kids of all ages.

I think it is ok for kids once they understand that the content featured in the game is not right.

Educational Value
Parent of a 11 year old Written bygamereviewer6469 July 9, 2011

...

oh my gosh

Adult Written byBaja500 April 8, 2015

If your stomach can handle it, you'll enjoy playing through it.

I'll admit that when I first played Manhunt, I had to take breaks. It was such a disturbing and unnerving experience. After further exposure though, I managed to play for hours straight with no problems. The story is straightforward. You play as a criminal whose life has been spared, and instead has been forced to participate in a snuff film. Everybody is out to get you, and you have to kill them all to escape. The story is disturbing, the executions are actually imitable in real life, the language is profane. This game definitely is not for the faint of heart, and definitely is not meant for kids. The difficulty is fair, the controls are smooth, and the atmosphere is well captured. It's a great stealth based game. You just have to be hardened enough to play it.

Adult Written byMacintyre April 9, 2008
Adult Written byWiseguy897 February 18, 2015

Good game

Parent of an infant and 3 year old Written byfman February 5, 2009

Very disturbing

A really gory and disturbing game i loved the premise and i loved the atmosphere and almost everything about it but it really is a sick,violent game and not for anyone minor.
Adult Written byGanDaGan January 10, 2019

Cinematic Masterpiece

When I played Manhunt, It was like watching one of the best films ever. The gameplay, the story, 10/10 I tell you! Children should not have any problems with this game. The blood and gore is educational as its realistic depiction helps in Science class. Kids will love it, trust me.

Adult Written byNellie B. May 21, 2017

This game is disturbing

Just straight up sadistic violence. It tries to push violence in video games to a whole new level, so I don't really know I have the right wether this game deserves to exist. Is there a Not Suitable For Humans rating?

Adult Written byTim Rawlinson February 11, 2013

Worst game on PS2

Aside from the over hyped nature of the content of this game, the game is boring repetitive and not that good. The game also ends with you killing a guy who escaped from a mental hospital and wears a pigs head on his head. This creates negativity towards people with mental problems and the fact Rockstar feature a mental asylum in Bully ( another title) referring back to this game just proves what callous people they are. Grand Theft Auto is fun because it's free roaming. Yes it's violent but at least you don't feel like you are stuck in a boring go one way narrative that repeats it's self and the controls suck!

Adult Written byRun boy run. August 15, 2012

ATTENTION PARENTS!

This game is sick and messed up on every level! it rewards you for horrific murder, it is inappropriate for all ages. Theres swearing, gore, and nothing but grotesqe carnage.

Adult Written byBubblesbajevas November 23, 2010
The game is great just really gory but if you like games that screw with your head or like stealth games then go try it out not for the kiddies though.
Adult Written bydarkpikachu02 April 9, 2008
Parent Written byMr star D. February 11, 2019

Awesome for the kids!

It helped my kid so much! Very educational and it helped my kid through preschool! Very entertaining and has cute graphics to make kids feel like they are in a happy place! I highly advise you to have your kids play this game as it is amazing!

Adult Written bysteve m. October 10, 2017

h-o-r-r-i-b-l-e-!-!-!-!

Privacy & Safety
Adult Written byschwango November 27, 2011

DO NOT BUY

One, this is one of the worst games ive ever played. Second, the violence is taken to such an extreme, i almost want to barf. THere is blood everywhere, there is torture, and you are MURDRING PEOPLE!!! The language is always taken to an extreme, and you can be sure that you can hear an F-Bomb at leas once every five minutes. DO NOT BUY!!!
Parent Written byPlague December 15, 2009

Manhunt

Brutal and fun, but sometimes confusing and fustrating becasue you will die a LOT. If you have a good head on your shoulders and you are a patient person, this game is just for you. Lots of blood, torture, and death. But what do you expect? The game is called Manhunt.
Adult Written byJake Clawson August 1, 2009

This game should only be played by teens 15 and up.

This game is violent but it's all in self-defense. Gang-bangers are trying to murder you and you have to use any weapons you can get. The police in this game are not the good guys but not the bad guys. They are just caught in the cross-fire.