Kid reviews for MapleStory

MapleStory Poster Image

Time consuming, boring

Though easy to play, this game is really bad. This is a cycle of what you do: 1. Talk to this person to get assignments to fight 50 of these monsters 2. Fight Monsters 3. Repeat.

Good game, but not for kids

Entertaining game, however it truly is not a place for children. First of all, the community as of the past 3-4 years is comprised almost solely of teenagers 15 and over and adults. The chat has no filter, and mature things are discussed often. In this respect, it's simply not appropriate for young kids, despite it's original intention. However, even more important than this, is the fact that children do not do well with games like this. A child, when blasted with bright colors, fancy items, and cool effects, is more subject to addiction than someone 15 and older. They do not have the abstract thought to consider, really, if it's worth spending $50 on that digital shirt or that giant crossbow or not, and if they want it, they'll WANT it. The game presents itself in such a way that this ONE MORE THING is all you need, when it never is. The game is also addicting and can suck someone like a kid in for hours, simply because they don't know better and don't realize the effects so much time without creative stimulation can have on them. However, once one is old enough to know their boundaries, understand the value of real money, and understand excess of use, then the game CAN be played properly, and be plenty of fun and a good little nostalgic downtime. I think it's a wonderful game, just beware that it's not for children. If your child wishes to play games, consider virtual worlds (small MMOs designed for children and generally require less money of you), or try single player games that you buy once and not again. (To be honest, when I'm a parent, I'll be much more okay buying a $25 game for my child and then that being the end of it. You know that that's the game and that's what you get, and you won't have future purchases looming over you.)

Cute, addicting adventure game

The title basically sums it up - MapleStory is cute, addicting, and great for anyone who loves adventure games. Some parents might not like the idea of having an "addicting game", but "addicting" just means "good" to me. Sure, there is some violence, like killing enemies and such, but I don't think you can kill other players, and it shows nothing graphic. You'll need a little patience to get comfortable with the controls and get used to the game, but other than that, there are no restrictions for age. There could be "scary" enemies...but everything is drawn in a chibi style that makes it ironically cute. In the cash shop, you can buy things, but honestly, it's not worth it, and you can play just fine without all kinds of things that you have to buy with real money. After all, the game itself (including the Nexon Launcher) is entirely free. You need a Nexon account to get the game, but this is not a problem; it's free and you can also use it for other Nexon games. The game is safe and others can't get into your account, because not only do you need to sign into your Nexon account, you need a PIC (a small password) every time you try to play. Nexon also reminds you to change passwords and PIC as well. So the final rating: A good game that you can easily get and use, and appropriate for everyone. Simple controls once you get the hang of it.

12+? Orly?

Should be 9-10+. And this game is good for kids, however, NPC Shumi uses "crap", there is violence, but cartoony, players can get married, there is a Beer Tent event in certain versions of MapleStory, and there is a cash shop. So it's pretty good for 9+.

Fun but also a hazard

Maple story i'm going to put it into three words THE BOMB DIGGIDY, maple story is fun though the thing is people will try to cuss and all of a sudden bam filter, if you'r kid just thinks there saying "@%*#" its almost okay but the filter doesn't censor everything. Moving on another thing is marriage people compliment you and then they ask you to marry them (the might just be trying to get exp-ups and they have had 18 other wives) other then that its fine for about 10+

Pick Luminous

good game with minor violence witch is killing tiny monsters witch are cartoonish. Pick Luminous 4 good story

13 AND UP

I do not agree with these 7 year olds playing this.First of all you need to be 13 YEARS OLD at least to make a accont.I have not played this game until im the right age to.PLEASE PARENTS DONT LET YOUR KIDS LET THEM PLAY THE GAME UNTIL 13 OR UP!!!!

The Story about MapleStory

I am a teen and have been playing MapleStory ever since I was 8. I believe that this game is great for children within the ages between 8-17, but the appealing age would be more 9-16. There is no blood witch I think many parents will appeal to and you only kill animals no humans. There is a free language chat box. Also, if someone swears it will bleep it out by "starring" it. Nexon is a very friendly company in witch they strive to be come as kid friendly as possible. To have bonuses like extra clothing, cooler weapons, ect. you may *optionally* buy with real money, NX. You can complete the game without using NX. They have an in-game currency called mesos witch buy you items and unless you buy a meso sack with NX, they are free. Thank you.

Gonna play maplestory? Think again.

Maplestory is a so-so game in a since. Before I go on, I would like to tell you that I am 12 y/o so that you know I'm not a parent. I started playing maplestory when I was about 11. At first I thought it was REALLY fun. I liked it so much that I quit my favorite other game, the online MMO Fantage. If your like me, I have very busy parents so I don't have a lot of things to do. So I play on my computer alot. But with fantage, I would play a while then get bored and go do something else then go back on later, sometimes I wouldn't go back on until the next day. Maplestory is ADDICTING. It's not even that fun after awhile. After while you don't get your equiptment from the little in-game shops. You have to go to the FM (free market) and use your mesos (the in-game currency) to buy your equiptment. Half the time you get ripped off. Or at least I did. The game is laggy alot because of the bad servers (Nexon sucks BTW), and it takes forever to do things. Training (how you level up) takes a long time because all the good spots are taken, unless you want to get KS (kill-stealed) or have "change channel please", which ends up being harrasement to most younger players. The game is mostly played by 15-18 y/o's. Although there are older players and younger too. The chat is terrible. You can say whatever you want, I saw someone having an inappropriate conversation with someone else and they didn't get banned. If you have NX (nexon cash) and you use it on appearance, if your a girl, don't doubt you're gonna get hit on. One time a guy came up to me and said something disgusting. It's not a very safe environment. Also the consumeration is very high. It's very easy to get addicted to getting NX and it's expensive. I wasted over 100 bucks and I really regret it. I also got scamed for $25 dollars to get mesos and I'm really sad about it. So basically maplestory has a crappy community,terrible chat filter,the game masters never pay attention to anything,constant hackers,scamming an addiction is the other. It's fun for awhile then it goes down hill.

gooood