Kid reviews for Mario Kart 8

Fun family racer lets kids upload sweet moves to YouTube.

Kid, 11 years old June 4, 2014

Amazing Mario Kart game is beautiful in HD!

Now I'm a huge fan of the mario kart series, and i love everyone of them, and when i heard the announcement of Mario Kart 8 for the wii u, I was amazed by how gorgeous it looked. So almost a year later, I finally got mario kart 8, and oh my gosh, does this look amazing! Beautiful hd in every single course, and the new Mario Kart TV is really fun to play on. So if you have a wii u, i highly recommend this game, and if you don't have a wii u, then just get the bundle with mario kart 8 and you'll see what all the praise is about!

Kid, 9 years old June 26, 2014

Mario Kart 8 is awesome!

Mario Kart 8 is awesome! I gave this game a 9 and up because most likely 9 year olds will play it . But really anyone in the family can play. Its partly learning but mostly for fun Mario kart 8 works on coordination.

Teen, 14 years old Written bySwag Anderson June 20, 2014

A Must Have for WiiU Owners

This game is amazing. With the best graphics on WiiU to date, and intuitive steering mechanics, Mario's latest go-kart outing is, in several ways, the best family game for the home console yet. There's something magical about chucking a random turtle shell at your sister and replaying it in slow motion for everyone to see. I can't find anything wrong/inappropriate with this game except that there is online multi-player in which your Mii's username is shown to everyone you're racing against. Easy solution: give your child's Mii the nickname you call him/her. Overall, I highly recommend this game to families with a WiiU. If you don't have one yet, this is the best time to join the fun. There is a $325 bundle where you get a WiiU, MK8, a Wii Wheel, several accessories for the Gamepad, and a free downloadable game (New Super Mario Bros U, Zelda: The Windwaker HD, Wii Party U, or Pikmin 3). Peace out and God bless!!! - Swag Anderson

Privacy & Safety
Kid, 12 years old March 13, 2015

Mario Kart 8 Review

Very fun family racing game. There is nothing at all that is bad for kids. Just super fun i recommend it for sure.
Kid, 11 years old March 14, 2016

A Great game for all ages

Violence- Cartoon weapons, and Luigi's death stare could be creepy Sex- skimpy outfits, but that's the worst as it gets

Teen, 14 years old Written bytrumu00 March 14, 2015

Mario Kart 8 is mediocre

This game is good for entertainment ONLY. The only basic learning is how to drive. If you want to give your child a learning experience with this game, buy the WII Wheel.

Teen, 14 years old Written byqwertyuiopgirl123 August 7, 2014

Okay!

Good for people who are learning to ride karts!

Kid, 11 years old June 17, 2014

Another Amazing Game For The Wiiu!

This game is the best wiiu game i have ever played and close to one of the best nintendo games i have ever played! i have played i bunch of Mario Kart's in the past but this is by far the best. of course there is nothing bad in this game because it is nintendo and it is just mario characters racing. this game is good for any ages. even adults will enjoy playing this game. if you have recently got a wiiu then this is a must have! amazing game for kids and adults!
Kid, 12 years old January 26, 2017

Really Good Mario Kart On Wii U

The end of the Spiny Shell's tyranny! Pink Gold Peach! Baby Rosalina! Luigi death glare! Link Kart! 200cc! All of those famous and infamous memes come from this game. The like this game, as it was the newest Mario Kart I had played in three years upon getting it with my Wii U in 2015. The character roster is good, except for PINK GOLD PEACH and those dumb baby versions of existing characters, instead of using those spots for deserving characters! There is also Metal Mario, but he is really love or hate. The reason why nobody in the history of the world likes Peach Gold Peach is because she is some low budget fanfiction recolor with no appearances in any other games. All the baby versions suck, except for Mario and Luigi, but mainly Baby Rosalina. Why? It jeopardizes Rosalina's past self from Super Mario Galaxy! There is also the DLC guys from Zelda and Animal Crossing, but those are like or dislike, just like MM. But who is worse then all of these combined? The DLC characters Tanooki Mario and Cat Peach. Our fourth iteration of them. The graphics and gameplay are stunning. Now, onto content! Mischief: In this kart-racing game in which you compete with characters from the Mario universe, you As race against other drivers, they can use “cartoony” power-ups (e.g., explosives, turtle shells, fireballs) to impede opponents' progress. Attacks result in cars spinning out, flipping into the air; comical yelps and colored explosions accompaning the action.

Teen, 13 years old Written byBlah222 October 14, 2014

A squeaky-clean racer

Nothing to worry about here. It's super fun and gorgeous. It's super fun I just wish there where a few more tracks. Local multiplayer is great and so is online (finally!) and I only have this an 8+ because it can be challenging to with so many different AIs and twists and turns. But this game is awesome and a must have on the Wii U.
Teen, 13 years old Written byd1pent11111 February 19, 2015

Another big hit for Nintendo!

Overall, great game. It is easy to use*, and is a non-violent racing game. A nunchuck attachment is recommended for users coming from Double Dash!! or 64. With the nunchuck, controls include A to accelerate, A+B to shift gear/hop/do a power slide, Z with item to use item, Z without item to blow horn, and joystick to steer. * Hard to pick up controls at first, after a few courses you get used to it.

Kid, 11 years old December 16, 2014
Mario Kart 8 is great! So is the anti-gravity features! I recommend this!!! Although after completing there is not a lot to do and battle mode is garbage.

Teen, 13 years old Written byfrozen hater101 April 10, 2015

finally link is in it doc

Kid, 12 years old July 28, 2017

Blue shell flash backs entensifies.

The game is so unfair but I love it!

Kid, 11 years old January 8, 2015

nothing to worry about here!

Very simple game involving racing through characters from Mario. Though I think it breaks the story line, its stays fun all the same.

Teen, 13 years old Written byCars2fan2004 October 26, 2018

Just fine

Kid, 12 years old August 14, 2018

I enjoy play Mario Kart 8

I think Mario Kart is fun to play with friends at any age, I recommend this game.

Teen, 15 years old Written byLokiStarkLord April 27, 2018

Super fun racing game: nothing objectionable here!

This game is pure fun for all ages. It supports a lot of controllers and up to 4 players. It has very limited online play which can be disabled in parental controls. The game controls and plays fantastically and is very easy to learn. The track selection is fun and varied although not perfect. Highest number of tracks in a mario kart game to date. No messages or role models it’s a racing game what do you expect?

Kid, 10 years old March 18, 2018

Awesome game!

I personally love the Mario Kart series. Some of the controls are hard to use like rush. Also, playing with the Wii remote is known to be harder, so if you are playing with a pro controller, it is easier to lose. I love all the characters and arenas, but wish there were more.

Kid, 12 years old February 20, 2018

anyone can play this game

there is not a single age in the world that couldn't play this game. there is litterally nothing wrong with it