All parent member reviews for Mario Kart Wii

Parent of a 5 and 7 year old Written bySingleMomOf2Boys December 1, 2010

Fun for the whole family

My youngest was playing this game at the age of 4 and had no problems (although he almost never wins). It is one of the few games that my two children can play together and have fun doing it (minimal bickering). Even a year later, it's still one of their favorite games and they love that we can all play together.
Adult Written bydkoenig May 25, 2009

Caused more problems than I care to discuss

Yes, this game is very fun....and just as one youth reviewer said, "addicting". I want to warn parents that this game will cause more battles between you and your children than you can ever imagine. Expect reading time to drop, outside time to drop, interest in other things to drop. We try to be very balanced in what our kids do and were open to Wii. Wii Sports have been fine, but Mario cart makes both of our kids agitated and their friends too. I would highly recommend that you skip this "fun" game. It is true that it is very fun to play, but the after-shock is anything but fun and the net is a loss.
Parent of a 8 and 13 year old Written bysreybarreau February 20, 2009

great game for parents and kids to play together

My son and I really enjoy this game, although he is so good, sometimes it is tough to compete. A wide variety of racecourses (some more treacherous than others), an assortment of Nintendo characters, and other racers on the track keep things fun. Beginners may want to practice first at a closed course such as the Coconut Mall, where you can learn the ropes and figure out how to use the star items you pick up along the route. We do have the wii wheel but it is very easy to play with the remote alone. My age rating is 5 because the races do require some manual dexterity--sometimes a player will be accelerating, steering, and throwing obstacles at the same time. I am not sure why there would be a content rating on this unless it is because of the wireless internet play. You never see any identifying information about other players however, only their names and characters. We have noticed a lot of other "mommy" drivers playing along with their kids!
Parent Written byFrankinf March 24, 2012

Not for young kids

This is good for kids and adults but kids under 8 should not play because they don't know how and think there good but there just taking the fun away from everyone else
Parent of a 6 and 8 year old Written byparentsofrc November 6, 2010

fun game

it is a fun game. There are three speeds depending on your skill level. My kids age 6 and eight really like this game.
Parent of a 7 and 10 year old Written byTominNC August 21, 2010

Best Racing Game!

Best racing game for the Wii by far. So easy just to pick it up and go racing with little or no learning curve. My girls and I love it!!
Parent of a 17 year old Written bylove2 October 8, 2009

a good game

kids 6 and up will definetly enjoy this game!!!! girls might not enjoy it till there out of there disney princess fase which is around 7 or 8 years of age. but boys will start likeing it age 6, 5, or maybe evn 4. but there is brief vilonce and it can be hard to understand which will drive little kids to frustration.also mario is a very popular charecter so if you buy your kids this game they will probably ask for more games that have mario in it which can lead to an empty wallet.
Parent Written bynatman April 9, 2008

best game in the whole world!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is a game that children 5 to adult would love. There are some corses that are hard but it is still very fun. I loved how you can unlock stuff too. Mario Kart is the best game ever!!!!!!!!
Parent Written byerinw2 October 20, 2014
Adult Written byJanvierRain March 7, 2013

LEARNING

I Can't Stop Playing. It's Too Fun!

I can't seem to stop playing this game, there is such a high feeling of achievement when you pass that Finish Line in first, or reach 8,500 versus ranking for the first time, or beat that hacker when racing online with other players around the world. Developing a winning strategy when playing the game over time, is the best part. There are cups, characters, stars, records, etc. to unlock- you'll never be bored with this game. DOWNSIDE: This game causes people to become overly competitive, especially kids, the game is luck-based, which basically means anything can and will happen; you will get completely DESTROYED on the last lap .5 seconds before the Finish Line- when you were totally confident of a win. You can race live with other people around the World via WFC, (which I must admit, is the most addicting part of the game.) the downside of that is, some of the Mii names people use- are well, extremely inappropriate. Including names with profanity, suggestive nature, and just plain cocky. AND DON'T GET ME STARTED on the folks who hack the game and then play online using their hacks- making the race COMPLETELY un-enjoyable, and causing your versus ranking (basically a Mario Kart Wii social status...no, not really.) to plummet lower than Donkey Kong's speed stats. Although, I do believe that this game builds confidence- it certainly has for me. I didn't believe that I could accomplish very much- then I pretty much mastered the game, and now I'm pretty sure I can master ANYTHING (not just video games) that I put my mind to.
Adult Written byTimTheTVGuy October 23, 2012

Likeable game.

Man,this game is fun.Great levels,awesome tracks,amazing music,and perfect CGI.I recommend Mario Kart Wii.
Adult Written byJEDI micah September 7, 2012

Probably the BEST in the series!!!

I love Mario Kart, and this one is as awesome as Mario Kart: Double Dash! The characters, vehicles, and tracks are well designed! This is a fun game for the whole family!
Parent Written bytreat02 February 20, 2012

good game for mature 7 year olds

this is a fun game, i really like it. It can be for kids and adults, family, too. I would say 7+ because some setting's that they race in might be scary. There is one that has lava and you can fall in. That might be scary for some to fall in lava.
Adult Written byGamesandMovieReview November 13, 2011

Good game for anyone.

This game was designed for family, and it is good for them, too. You are able to race as more than 20 different characters from the Mario and Donkey Kong series and race on 24 unique and cartoonish tracks revolving around various mario games. You are able to connect with other people and race against each other, you can't talk to anyone, though. May be hard for toddlers, since they probably won't get to the hang of it, but still good for everyone.
Parent of a 10 year old Written byaussiemel March 30, 2011

awesome

it is a reallly really fun game to play
Parent of a 11 and 11 year old Written byhuskertwins99 March 6, 2011

all ages..

great game/ kids love it..
Parent of a 4, 6, and 9 year old Written bycerriwen January 11, 2011

frustrating for the under six crowd.

It is a good fun game. The younger kids get frustrated playing it.
Parent of a 12 year old Written byMontysMom December 10, 2010

Great fun for keeping families together!

Parent Written bymoviemomma911 September 25, 2010

Wonderful Family Fun!!

We love to play this game as a family. With individual and team races, it's so much fun!
Parent of a 13 year old Written byohya August 12, 2010