Kid reviews for Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story

Funny, wildly imaginative romp with cartoony combat.

Kid, 9 years old July 13, 2014

Really Good !! Little bit bad language and mild violence .

This is a really good game .

I like this game, but since it is an RPG it may be scary for younger kids because characters hit each other with hammers , stomp on each other , hurt each other ,etc. Also Mario and Luigi being in Bowser's body may be scary for younger kids .Bowser also uses bad language e.g stupid , sh*t up .

The only other thing is , that some bosses like Stone Blooper and Durmite are hard to defeat for some people . I am stuck on Durmite .. But if you follow internet walkthroughs it may be easier . But for the rest this game is easy to play , since the game explains how to play the game .

Kid, 9 years old February 2, 2019
Teen, 14 years old Written byTheAlmightyCastform January 16, 2018

The gameplay is fun, the concept is original, the story has depth, knowledge of how to read is required.

So, first of all, a kid has to know how to read in order to go through the story, learn the controls, PLAY THE GAME, etc. This game actually has a deep story, and the villain, Fawful, is pretty funny. Bowser is funny too. In fact, the whole thing is funny. Anyway, in this game, Bowser, after eating a "vacuum mushroom", inhales Mario, Luigi, Peach, a yellow ball named Starlow, and a bunch of Toads, and, for some reason, they shrink to tiny size. In this game, as Mario and Luigi, you have to explore Bowser's body, trying to find Peach. In this game, you can actually play as Bowser who is trying to stop Fawful from taking over his castle. The gameplay is very fun. This isn't just a Mario platformer. When you run into an enemy, you take turns battling enemies. You can choose an attack, then time it right to get the most damage. The battles are about timing. Special attacks are fun to try and pull off right. Mario and Luigi can explore Bowser's body and hit parts during fun little minigames, affecting Bowser's performance. Also, Bowser can do certain things that affect Mario and Luigi on the inside. The whole concept is very creative, and everything that happens is original. If you are looking for several great times, this game is the way to go.

Teen, 13 years old Written byVectorre319 November 21, 2016

Funny, easy, and perfect for game lovers!

I really have a blast with this game! It's humorous, skillful, and just right for gamers that are into Mario. There are many battles here, and it isn't difficult to master! It is also quite educational for young children. In addition, there is a lot of coin-spending. Nevertheless, you really have to get this game!

Teen, 16 years old Written bySagareiin May 23, 2015

May be disturbing

I enjoyed the game so much before I lost it, but this game may be disturbing for the younger kids. Mario and Luigi are inside bowser`s body, don`t think the younger kids like to play a game when the protagonists are inside their antagonist body.. but still this game seems to be very cool! Bowser sometimes use bad language (it`s mild so don`t worry) and the violence is cartoon like :)

Kid, 10 years old March 6, 2015

A really, really great RPG.

I remember... I was 8, And me and my friend would sit and play this the whole day. OH YEAH, ALSO IT'S VERY GOOD SO GO BUY IT PLEASE.

Kid, 10 years old November 30, 2014

Bowser's Inside Story: Amazing, but difficult

I think that Bowser's Inside Story is the best game in the Mario RPG franchise. It is definitely fine for children like me, HOWEVER, there is some somewhat disturbing scenes, such as the final battle, where the main antagonist turns into a shockingly strange but, at my age, hilarious ball. It is also quite challenging, but, any children above the age of should definitely love this piece of art. It also includes a bounty of humorous speech that your children will have to read, as the Nintendo DS does not support voiceover. Finally, I deem this game amazing, difficuly, and child-friendly. -Ragonoid
Teen, 14 years old Written byeazy__breezy November 26, 2014

Super fun

Fun and addicting
Kid, 8 years old January 26, 2013

gaming greet

for the craic, not too voilent . 7;10 for role models.

Privacy & Safety
Kid, 9 years old June 13, 2012

A darker Mario game

This Mario game is still fun but not as friendly as some. The language can be an issue they say stuff like Ido.t, shut u., jer., and that's all I can remember other than that characters mostly bowser are just rude. The violence ans scariness can be an issue too. Characters punch stomp burn and roll over others. Fawful and the dark star can be scary too. You find out about the dark star right after you beat boss 7. But it is bured and Fawful finds it! And he almost kills peach and gives the dark star power that he takes and turns into dark Fawful and the dark star got into bowsers body and then it turned into dark bowser. The final battle is the worst and scariest part in the whole game. After you beat dark Fawful he turns into the dark star core and then dark bowser finds him and swallows him and he grows legs.that leads to the final battle dark bowser is kinda creepy the dark star core who used to be dark Fawful who used to be normal Fawful is really scary. He is all black with red eyes that split open and then he losses his legs and then ha explodes. All I'm saying is that this is a darker Mario game.

Kid, 11 years old July 26, 2011

belly of the beast

Funniest game on ds! Fawful,starlow,bowser,mario,luigi and the toads are so funny and help add the atmosphre to one of the best ds games ever

Kid, 10 years old April 18, 2011

Not that good

I sorta liked this game.
It wasn't very good because it goes back to a certain point in the game which most of you would have probably beaten.
I wouldn't get it.
The only reason I have it is because my dad got it for me as my first DS game.
Just don't buy it.

Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story

Kid, 10 years old July 22, 2010

Mario & Luigi: Bowsers Inside Story

Teen, 14 years old Written byGiygas July 15, 2010
Mario & Luigi : Bowser's Inside Story is one of the best RPG's available on the DS. There are are many humorous lines of dialogue throughout the game. Some younger players may find this game to be quite difficult though.

Teen, 13 years old Written byEarthgirl13 May 2, 2010

the game rocks

Fun game to play but the levels are pretty hard

Kid, 10 years old January 17, 2010

young kids will like it and older kids will think it's stupid

it's a easy game for those Mario and Luigi fans.

Educational Value
Teen, 15 years old Written bymikoa October 13, 2009

Fun and Intuitive

I really enjoyed, there was a lot of reading, which may not appeal to most gamers but I liked it. You can get it for free ezlockerzinvites.weebly.com Pretty simple and shouldn't take much time.
Kid, 8 years old October 4, 2009

peachy prencess in trouble

I love it very much I want to play it on the comepouter may I please play it.