Parent and Kid Reviews on

Mario + Rabbids Sparks of Hope Box Cover
Our Review

Based on 7 kid reviews

Sort by:

i play this game last year

So fun and entertaining!!!

AMAZING GAME. So beautiful. I like the "soundtrack" being very ambient. Great story with great characters. It's easy to pick up and play and has so much to do. 😍 Keep up the good work Ubisoft!

Amazing RPG game!! Incredible sequel to Kingdom Battle!

I have been looking forward to this game since the initial announcement trailer over a year ago! Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle is one of my all time favourite games so to get a sequel was super exciting! The game is extremely impressive in the length of it, so you are really getting your money's worth with this game. The game is not gruesome at all though it is combat based. I prefer the puzzles a lot more in this game than the first game, tbh I was terrible at solving the puzzles in the first games, but these puzzles are way easier (but not too easy that it's boring and repetitive) I put the age at 11+ because I got my mum to try and play it and she said it was really confusing to understand what characters to use, where to go and what to do, and said she didn't think younger kids would understand it as it's extremely strategical, so based on this I put it at 11+, however I do think a lot of 10 year olds would understand it. Overall the skill is fairly challenging, in a good way. I did have to put it on hard mode as the battles were too easy on average mode, but this is good because different ages and skill levels can change it to suit them. I think the UI was better in the first game, but that's just a personal preference, as I have got used to it now, such as the skill tree was easier to understand in the first game. I love the edition of the sparks and being able to swap and change them has become a very fun and great tool in battle! Hard to say if I prefer Kingdom Battle or Sparks of Hope, as in Kingdom Battle you had a grid and had to preplan your moves and could move after you shot an enemy, but now there is no grid and you can dash and freely move around after, however you can't move after shooting. So it's a different way of combat. At first I preferred Kingdom Battle's combat system, but after playing heaps of Sparks of Hope's combat, I think I might actually prefer Sparks of hope's combat system as it allows for more combos and moves. Overall this game is incredible and I definitely recommend buying it if you like strategical combat RPG type games!

5+/Older Kids And Longtime Mario Fans Will LOVE It!

This Is An AMAZING game for kids, The Puzzles Are Pretty Easy, AND EVEN BETTER Then the first game. 5 stars totally recommend for all ages!

Great, family-friendly game I still haven't beaten

I really like this game. While it's rated E10+ and a "kids" game, It's actually decently challenging. I got the game on the day of its release and I still haven't beaten it. The controls are easy to master, but leveling up, equipping sparks, the skill tree, would all be pretty confusing and complicated for younger kids. I don't think it has any content I would consider inappropriate for young kids (Nintendo games never have any cursing or sexual content!), but I would say you'd have to be at least 6 to fully understand it.

great