Want personalized picks that fit your family?

Set preferences to see our top age-appropriate picks for your kids.

Get age-based picks

Parent reviews for Marvel vs. Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds

Classic fighting game glamorizes violence, sexualizes women.

Parent of a 11 and 14 year old Written byCaroline Sheehan March 14, 2013

Commonsense is full of over protective parents. Let me explain..

This game is NOT only fighting. Common sense has failed to mention that you and the characters are fighting to save the earth from the super villain named "Galactus" and an evil character from Resident Evil 5 named "Wesker" Common sense barely even plays the games and over exaggerates even the smallest drop of blood. The characters do swear but is rarely heard and in the options you can turn it off. This game is full of many comic super heroes such as Hulk, Wolverine, Iron man, Captain America,and Thor. Great game play and the game is greatly detailed.

Adult Written byMr. Lovewell August 18, 2011

Marvel vs. Capcom vs Common Sense Media

Obviously, This game isn't for little kids. Yes, Popular superheroes like Spider-Man are present, but ultimately, the choice is up to parents. The women in the game are scantily clad. (Which is also a try to get more adults to purchase the game,) and language is also an issue. I don't like it when my little cousin asks me why Wolverine said the B word. It alienates the fanbase, as well as their younger fans, when Marvel or Capcom (which hasn't been doing anything bad lately, save the cancellation of Mega Man Universe.. those jerks..) creates a kiddy superhero show and then turn around and lets it's characters swear and wear barely any clothing. Other than that, everything else is fine. It's a fighting game, so you know what to expect. IF you're old enough to know right from wrong, then by all means, don't let my review stop you. In fact, I think I may very well play this game too. It looks like fun, and if you're okay with it, then I say go for it. Just be sure to talk with your kids if Iron- Man calls Chun-Li a B****.

Adult Written byasjklas March 5, 2013

In general, fun; mild violence, however, very suggestive content.

Despite its lack of single player value, characters, and innovation, Marvel vs Capcom 3 (and its special edition) should be very exciting for multiplayer events. It is a fighter, so it does contain some violence (although mild). Several female fighters appear sexually suggestive (the Darkstalker characters, to be specific) and it contains mild language and suggestive themes. But otherwise, should be just fine for teens. Maybe even kids if you can get passed the aforementioned.

Parent of a 12 and 14 year old Written byolderwiser April 18, 2012

Mom, will you play with me?

I have to admit it but i like playing this game with my kids. It is over the top fighting and does not require any advance skills to enjoy. The comment the players make can get a little racy but these are fantasy comic book characters so they are quite funny too. The women are beefed up sensually but again, so is Barbie. It is a cool game.

Adult Written byjoshua martinez August 17, 2011

13 and up.

Marvel vs. Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds is an average fighting game good for your teens and parents you need to know that Marvel vs. Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds has some intense violence some partial nudity and sexual themes and some mild language used.