Parent reviews for Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy

Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy Poster Image

Non-gory violence, team banter not for little ones

This game is pretty fun. Mostly for the banter among team members -- it's the same sense of humor as in the movies. The story (spoiler warning) is based on 5 team members saving the universe from a dangerous "cult" that is in fact people and worlds being captured by a strange energy that promises to bring back dead loved ones. The game play is mainly fighting cultists and various monsters (cartoon-ish, nothing terrifying for older kids), interspersed by funny banter, the occasional dialog decision (that will affect later outcomes), and puzzles that you have to get past. I think it's not appropriate for little kids because some of the banter contains teasing about intimate relationships, double entendres (which might go over their head), swearing, glorification of violence (smashing, killing enemies), and illegal activity (smuggling and such). As you explore especially your ship, you'll also encounter things like a (clothed) girly poster. I'm not too happy (as usual) that the 2 main female characters are pretty much always in form-fitting clothing -- but two of the male characters, are, too, and the main female is as tough and kick-butt and trash-talking as the men. So gender stereotyping isn't horrible in the game. I think once kids hit about 13, they're mature enough to absorb this stuff, especially given the fairly mild nature of the sex and violence in this game.
1 person found this helpful.

Great

Great

Great game for the littleites

Nothing to harmful

Great game for tweens!

My child has just entered middle school, and he loves this game! I have watched him play it, and it seems to be a fun adventure for tweens! I wouldn't say it's great for wee little ones, but it's great for 10 and up.