All parent member reviews for Math Blaster Online

Educator and Parent Written byespressofiend October 7, 2013

Beware of subscriptions!

Short comment regarding the games - my kids like them and some math practice is required, but most of the time is spent playing games with no educational value, so don't be tricked into thinking your kids are getting a lot of educational benefit. My larger complaint is with their "tricks" for getting your money and their lack of customer service. My daughter enjoyed the games and I agreed to sign her up for 1 month... I thought. Turns what they made look like a 1 time payment was a monthly subscription. When I noticed a few months later, I sent an email to the customer support email I had received in my payment confirmation. The charges kept coming off my credit card. I finally called the customer support number from the email I had received confirming my initial payment, but it was not in service. I finally found a (not toll-free) number and was able to reach someone, who noted that they had in fact received my request to cancel my subscription 3 months earlier, but had not bothered to do so. I received a refund for those 3 months but not for the preceding 5 months. So basically, once they have your credit card you have to really go through hoops to get them to stop charging it.
Parent of a 9 year old Written bycheeriePy April 4, 2011
This is a perfect interactive game for my child to help her hone her skills in Math. Aside from keeping her preoccupied for a couple of hours while I do my chores, my child also learns a lot. ~ www.vodien.com
Parent of a 10 year old Written byedml April 16, 2011
Parent of a 7 year old Written byAnechka August 28, 2014
LEARNING

Fun, but not as educational as it used to be

This is one of the best games out there, I think, for math, but its not like it used to be. Now you can have a pet and all kinds of other distracting things that allow kids to NOT practice math. Also, if you do the free version you can't see the screen because ads pop up right in the middle of the screen. Still, the math games that they do have are fun and my kiddo likes them. I just have to make sure he is playing the math games. I also wish there was a little MORE math and a little LESS blasting.
Parent Written byMichelle3341 October 14, 2014
LEARNING

Total scam

Do not even think of purchasing a membership. It is a scam to pull money from your account and you have no way of contacting anyone. I have emailed daily for a month with no response. I have called any number I can find and they make you leave a message. AND once again no call back. There is no way out, even when your card expires, they simply change the date and continue to charge. I am canceling my card now in order to get them to stop. Awful experience.