Kid reviews for Max Payne 3

Gritty action game overflows with gore, sex, and profanity.

Teen, 14 years old Written bymovie loving teen October 15, 2012

Strong Sex/Nudity, Hard Drug Usage, Strong Graphic Violence, Pervasive Language

An amazing game but however should not be played by kids because it has Sex,Drugs,Language,Gore.

Kid, 12 years old June 6, 2012

great game

very good violent but has good leasons it also has a scene where he walks through a brothel if player is under 13 won't notice sex because it is not very clear just thrusting but it is a bit of a blur if your child has seen hitman or hotfuzz (sexual language) all kids should play and a couple scenes in which female breast are seen most violense same as cod only in a different setting. sex low violence high language medium 12+

Teen, 16 years old Written bymr bannana September 5, 2012

cool game

this is the cool updated game of the max payne series. my brother plays it more than me and hes only 12 years old. i didnt know he was that in to the game. anyway, this game is for gamers who dont take the things they play or see to mind. anyway its a awesome game

Teen, 14 years old Written byNo Name, for real. June 15, 2012

This is not a kid game.

Max Payne 3 is uncompromisingly violent, bullets destroy faces and tear through bodies, blood gushes, and its all emphasized by the games kill camera that shows the brutal detail of the last victim in a room(which can also be slowdown by hold down A, and the player can continue shooting, showing even more gruesome and great gushes and spurts of blood, and remains grisly and shocking all the way through. Theirs also extreme profanity throughout. But the real problem is it's drug and alcohol use, the min character is a man trying to forget his brutal past. He has many drinking binges, downing everything from beer to vodka, and also abusing pain pills and smoking cigarettes, other characters appear drunk as well, and lots of it can be seen almost throughout the game.

Kid, 10 years old September 27, 2015

Listen

Guys you might have seen my review over silent hill origins and I'm back now this time there is endless gunplay, bullet time , and straight up gritty violence. Now people I've already beaten this game show I know what I'm talking about when I say this game is violence to the extreme 10/10 with violence people. Now language is constant too 9/10. People max is in a deep depression spiral so most of the game is memory when the rest is real time. Now I am not kidding when I say you can kill people and bystanders without punishment and you can kill enemies in the most brutal and satisfy ways possible. Now who wouldn't want to put a bullet in an enemies skull or perhaps shoot them in the balls the fun is never ending. As a matter of fact in one mission you get to blow up a building until it is reduced to rubble. The violence in this game is so close to being able to dismember people when I say I mean when you shoot someone they bleed profusely . Ok guys just because a game is violent doesn't mean it's going to turn you into a killer.

Privacy & Safety
Teen, 14 years old Written byihateageratings March 26, 2016

fairly violent

It dosent overflow with sex but has grity violence a man burns alive in tyers a guy gets half his face torn off along with his arm and leg max taks drugs and drinks and also has a bad temper and brakes a few noses and legs he is suffering from depression over not saving his wife or his freinds sister there is scene set in a strip club were a man is shagging a girl and theres pole dancers the game is also hard to play tons of enemies attack you at once and its disturbingly violent grusome there is a bunch of terrorists that sell people's organs hearts and livers language is also strong but over all great story max is a great role modle and trys his best to protect his freinds

Kid, 9 years old June 11, 2012

The best

great game

Teen, 16 years old Written byMichael Ryan Metzger April 13, 2016

Max Payne 3-Good Cop game, but very violent and gory

Max Payne 3 is the third game in the "Max Payne" series. The game was created by Rockstar Games in 2013. The game is still quite similar to other games, besides the fact that Max is a lot older. Also, throughout various parts in the game, the player has a partner by their side. Max Payne 3 has a few new weapons, as well as characters. However, intense and extremely bloody gun fights are still a frequent situation. The storyline takes place a long while after Max Payne 2. In the game, Max is completely put down and constantly mourning about the death of his wife and kid, and he regrets not being able to save them. This pain inside him results in Max drinking and smoking himself to death, not being able to let go of the past. Max Payne 3 has a differences from the originals, but like the others, it still runs with extreme violence, foul language, and sexual content. Blood will squirt from enemies when they are killed, even causing large amounts of blood to puddle on the floor and stain walls. Dismemberment is also shown when enemies are hit by explosives. Various characters in the game use strong language use, such as f*ck, sh*t, bitch, wh*re, n*gga, and a**hole. Sexual content is also displayed throughout various parts in the game. There are moments of men being pressed up against strippers, or strippers on top of men and then sex is taken into place. Sex may not be very explicit, but the female dancers are shown without any clothing on their chests, leaving their breasts visible. With that being said, drugs and alcohol are used in very emotional and negative moments in the game when dealing with Max's despair. Max Payne 3 does have positive sides though, such as "friends who have your back", "Bravery", and simply trying to protect the innocent from the evil. Max Payne 3 is a good game, but not for kids younger than 16 at most.

Teen, 16 years old Written byJock0 September 27, 2018

One of the most underrated games

Game has a lot of graphic violence, strong language, nudity, drugs and alcohol and more, but the main problem here is violence, the game is great third person shooters for mature teens
Teen, 15 years old Written bydavid90 August 7, 2017

Fun But Mature

It's an awesome game. You can dodge bullets, and time slows down, so you can actually see bullets flying past you. It's a very gory game. When Max kills the last bad guy, time slows down, so you see the bullets tear through your enemy. While violence is strong, I think parents would be more concerned about the sex, drugs, and language. There's a few references to sex, but it may go over younger kids' head because they're words like "blowjob". There's one cutscene when Max is walking into a bar/brothel. There are people having sex in the background, but it's very brief. And there are topless dancers in the bar, but that's brief as well. The drug use. In the beginning Max is addicted to painkillers, and alcohol. This is because of the death of his family in the first game. It's actually pretty sad, and makes the character very strong, in my opinion. Max actually decides to go sober later in the game. As a way to heal Max takes painkillers. There are side effects, the camera gets a little wobbly. The language is extremely high. Max swears some when he's mad, but not as much as some of the other characters. The f-bomb is fairly common. Along with the d-bomb, and h-bomb. I think Max is a good role model because he is trying to save a girl most of the time. He discovers that corrupt police officers in Brazil are doing some criminal things. He shuts them down, and stops them. He does show mercy to the chief of the corrupt cops, and the politician, who helped the cops. He's doing the right thing, he just is a little violent about it. Great game. I would say 16 and up. Great game overall.

Teen, 15 years old Written bySaad1Khan November 17, 2014

Play If you are 15

If you are 15 you can play it.I have played it but my 11 years old brother didn't because my father don't want him to play the game.

Teen, 15 years old Written byMidnightNinja15 July 7, 2014

My thoughts on Max Payne 3

Max Payne 3 follows its titular character on his road to redemption. Traumatized by the death of his family, Max spends most of his days wasting away at the local bar, killing himself slowly. One day he is approached by what seems to be an annoying troublemaker, Is actually the son of one of the most powerful mob bosses in New Jersey. Max kills the son after he assaults a young woman. After this, Max and his friend Passos are captured by DeMarco and his goons and forced to dig their own graves. However, they both escape. Knowing that they are dead men if they stay in Jersey. Passos offers Max a job as a bodyguard in Brazil. Max Payne 3 offers arguably one of the most darkest and mature storylines in gaming. The game plays out like a movie and tells its most brilliant tale in the saga through a nonlinear fashion. The game is very cinematic and while there are gun battles galore, the story is the main focus with unskippable cutscenes lasting almost 10 minutes in some cases. This may annoy some players who have already experienced the story and want to play through the game a second time. This game is not for children. There is plenty of violence, most of which is incredibly realistic as bullet holes are visible and the violence is shown in great detail. The language is also very strong, although it is a Rockstar title and really not anything you haven't heard before if you are familiar with their work. There is also lots of nudity, naked women are shown bare-breasted and giving sex acts to people in one mission. However, Max is never seen receiving any sex acts. This is a very adult game that children should not play, but it's ok for older teenagers. While there are likeable characters such as Max and his partner Passos, the game has little to no positive role models. That being said, Max Payne 3 offers an underlying message about redemption and moving forward.

Teen, 13 years old Written byJesusFish May 5, 2013

Outstanding, but for the right age.

Max Payne 3 follows a ex-cop into Sao Paulo, Brazil on a security detail. The game is EXTREMELY violent. At the end of each wave of enemies players see the last bullet shot at the enemy slash the enemy. While in this "Bullet Cam" mode players also have the ability to slow down time and watch as the bullet goes straight into the skull and blood splashes towards the screen. There are a ton of gun fights in Max Payne 3 and Rockstar executes them with style. Max swears extremely frequently, and the enemies that your killing are Portuguese and frequently swear in Portuguese as well. There isn't a whole ton of sexuality in Max Payne 3. There is one scene where you're in a strip club talking to a cop. Max is an alcoholic and is frequently shown drinking whiskey and beer. He is also addicted to pain killers, which you also use in the game to heal. But the game is extremely intriguing with an amazing story. The game is fun and always exciting. I would highly recommend the game. The score (soundtrack) is nothing short of stellar.

Privacy & Safety
Teen, 17 years old Written bybobbyray September 23, 2012

Great game but for mature people only

Only for older teens and adults. lots of drug use. Max is addicted to pain killers. The violence is okay nothing a 16 year can't handle. Max does drink a lot in this game but it's only during the cutscenes which can be skipped.The sex and the nudity is a little over the top thought they could of have done it without it. Overall it's a great game and recommend it.

Teen, 17 years old Written byCimerax September 15, 2012

Fantastic Game

The game is insanely fun to play, and the story grabs you by the throat and pulls you in the minute you start playing. However, I recommend that younger kids not play this game, as there is a lot of foul language, gore, and other mature themes. Max Payne, the game's protagonist, is addicted to alcohol and painkillers, and you use them to refill your health, like in the older games. The game is fairly difficult, even for Max Payne veterans, such as myself. I found myself dying quite a few times during my first playthrough(seriously, at least 25 times). All things considered, this game really impressed me, and since it is a Rockstar game, my expectations were already very high. And hey, since this game takes place in Brazil, you could learn a bit of Portuguese! :D

Teen, 14 years old Written byPART III August 15, 2012

This game is amazing but is really really violent

Teen, 15 years old Written byILoveJaretReddick June 30, 2012

i loved it!!!!!!!!!!

i loved it!!!!!!!!!

Kid, 9 years old June 25, 2012

Great game!

This game is awesome. I am warning you parents the sexual content is very frequent. I'd wait til you are an adult to purchase this game.