Parent reviews for Medal of Honor

War series returns with hyperrealistic military combat.

Adult Written byTrator July 1, 2015

Medal Of Honor comes back with a great modern day scenario set in Afganistan

The game is great. It carries a message for brotherhood and selflessness.
Blood is seen . Stabbing is present , with a Throat Cutting scene. Cursing is frequent. A bit scary scenario is present.
Its a story of three Special Operation soldiers, based mostly on a Navy SEAL DEVGRU operator of an AFO team.
Overall- Sadly for 16+ above only, it would have been better if a less violent version is available for young teens, coz it carries a good message.

Adult Written byLewis Woodhall May 27, 2012

AGE RESTRICTIONS!

MAIN REASONS!
- Strong Language
- Strong Bloody Violence

OTHER!
- Occasional Mild Scary Scenes

Adult Written byGamergal October 25, 2011

Great game, except for the language.

I just finished this game and I thought it was fantastic. The only thing I wasn't too happy with was the frequent (I think overuse) of the F word. Naturally, as a shooter game, there is violence. You do see blood spatter when you shoot /stab enemies, but there is an option to turn off the 'gore'. With that aside, I found the game to be addictive and, like I said, fantastic. If you're a first person shooter fan, I would recommed this game with a warning about the language. I would not (if I HAD kids) let my children or tweens play this game.

Adult Written bygow0304 June 22, 2011

Medal of Honor

Decent game that even has a dedication to our veterans at the end of the game. But as a realistic portrayal of war in Afghanistan, this game is very violent.

Adult Written byCR90 April 16, 2011

Talk to kids about it though.

I own the game and have completed the campaign, it is difficult but realistic. The people you play as are fictional characters based on the actual heroes fighting for us to this day. My only concern is the excessive bad language, but other than that it's what you'd expect war to be, brutal.

Parent of a 14-year-old Written bymomerggy23 February 21, 2011
What I like about this game is that there is a optional gore setting so that my kids dont have to be exposed to decapitation or flying limbs. When I use this setting, it seems exactly like a T-rated game.

Parent of a 14-year-old Written bysioso February 3, 2011
the video store box had a rating of Teen to Mature but it's unclear WHY the teen rating except that you can turn down the dialogue and remove gore.
It's best feature is being better (less offensive & violent) than Black Ops.

Adult Written bynnick December 27, 2010
Medal of honor is basicly a step down from the call of duty series. this title however was rated M. i think the reason is because of the launguage. this game has an option to turn off the gore, (blowing off heads, limb loss, ect.) so once this option is off, blood is still seen but that is it. medal of honor is based off of modern day afganistan and you are a group of elite soilders fighting the taliban. gamplay wise involves mulitple parts when you pop out of cover, shoot , get back in cover. the other soilders you are fighting with will often cuss with several instences of f-ck and sh-t. the f word is spoken around 16-23 times but only really heard around 5-6. other wise it is spoken in combat but you can't hear because of all the gun fire.

Educational Value
Parent of a 10, 12, and 13-year-old Written byGimmick November 23, 2010

good

good game, fine for 10 and up blood shown but not too bad

Parent of a 10-year-old Written bybrain in a can October 27, 2010

Better than weve seen before (in the series), but nothing like COD 6

This game is alot like Modern Warfare 2, but not as good. There is some violence, and it bothers me that they removed the option to play as the Taliban, but its a entertaning game.

Adult Written byTom_Gamer_Tom October 16, 2010

Campaign has excessive blood and gore.

Most FPS games are violent and bloody, this is actually for a war game...One of the highest amounts of gore. The campaign has some decapitation and limb loss, my comparison would be, Call of Duty: World at War. There will be several scenes of violence and obviously minor violence in combat. The multiplayer has violence but nothing extreme, language is present in both single player and on the headset online.