Want personalized picks that fit your family?

Set preferences to see our top age-appropriate picks for your kids.

Get age-based picks

Parent reviews for Mirror's Edge

A refreshingly different take on first-person action.

Adult Written byPvt. Sokolva January 5, 2011

Good but HARD!

Firstly, this is a hard game! Thats mostly why I set the age so high. Its really challenging; most kids will find this hard to master. I'd even venture to say a twelve year old, unless they are experienced with gaming, might struggle. Great graphics, its an experimental parkour game that really did what no first person game has ever done before. There is violence, but very little is done by you. And there isn't that much, honestly....most of the time, you are running away from a kind of "Big Brother" governemnt that sends police to shoot you, and you disarm and run from them. You can also shoot back...but gameplay makes this exceedingly difficult usually and your best bet is to run. Lot of fun. Not the best game I've ever played, but something completely new and certainly worth it, certainly. Difficult though. This is a hard game towards the end. Your kid will need really good fine motor skills and problem solving in order to get anywhere here.
Adult Written bygamenerd323 November 17, 2009

One of the best first person games out there.

Mirrors edge is and acrobatic shooter in first person view. The graphics are amazing and the controls are easy. The game is not shoot em' up unlike it's relatives (strangle hold, Wet, max payne), in mirrors edge combat is only a portion of the gameplay. It is really a new genre of games, where you get enjoyment by hoping around and sliding and doing jumps with acrobatic summrsaults all in first person. This is a must get title I strongly recomend.
Adult Written by22LowBrass December 4, 2010
Parent of a 12 year old Written bypanckaes223 March 7, 2010
its okay not very violent

Adult Written bymirrors edge55 December 10, 2011

mirrors edge is a great and fun game

The game is about fixing the city and running from police.I think this game should not have been teen.

Adult Written byFreedomFromCens... July 4, 2009

Short, but Fun and Unique.

If you love swinging from building to building, climbing massive towers, balancing on pipes hundreds of feet off the ground, then this is the game for you. The story is alright, but the game's length leaves you feeling unsatisfied with what you are given. This game can be completed within a day, and doesn't have too much of a replay value. Buy it if you find it for $20 or less. Shooting is prominent, but it isn't excessive, in fact your encouraged to not use weapons to subdue your enemies. Language can be filtered by simply turning down volume, although it's nothing worse than what you hear at school.

Adult Written byManic Bulldog February 14, 2009

Marathon Running!

Free running from a crooked police force, run by an over sensoring government, while trying to save your framed sister... what's not to love? LOL. This game was exceptionaly done and I enjoyed it all the way to the end. There were some tough points in the game that became frustrating to pass... but once accomplished you feel satisfied. Game is not overly violent and has an enriching storyline... recommend it for kids above age 13 due to it's challenging skill requirements the game is based on.
Adult Written byThisapp3 April 20, 2015

Good but be carful

When my 12 year old son asked to buy this I was apprehensive but let him get it and surprisingly it wasn't as bad as I thought other than slight profanity I think as long as their twelve this I perfect and fun
Parent of a 10 and 15 year old Written byAskmeanything March 22, 2009

Try It!

Mirrors edge is a very great game.My sons begged for this game not long after I bought them GTA IV.This game is fantastic.My sons played it nonstop and beat it in 2 days!The story is great and the fast motion running makes it seem like track and field.While you play as faith you seem to find Robert Pope dead with a puddle of blood coming out of his head.It's not that graphic though.I recommend this for your kids if they like first person games.
Adult Written byjiabao588 November 14, 2008
Adult Written bypizzagrenade March 25, 2012

Good for gamers who need a challenge.

Mirror's Edge is nothing like any other game. Putting the player in the shoes of a Free Runner gives the player a different perspective on the gaming world. It is challenging and provides a good role model with the main character, Faith. I recommend this game to any gamer who is looking for a challenge.

Adult Written byGeorge Robson March 1, 2016

Mirrors edge!!

I don't normally let my kids play first person shooters but really,this is not one. Yes,you can get guns but it advised that you run and really hard if you fight. Most of the game is just jumping and doing cool flips. Some people who suffer vertigo may not like this game.

Parent of a 16 year old Written byJohn Bloom July 16, 2014

Adult Written byTheApprover December 15, 2015

Even 3 year olds play this

sriously... this game is really good for strategy and has positive things... lots.

Adult Written byTom_Gamer_Tom June 8, 2010

Running around is fun!

This is a great free running game. The violence is nothing serious. Its got a bit of blood, kicking and shooting. But its actually fine. You run at someone kick the gun out of the hand then shoot them. There is not much blood, and its more like paint anyway. Its got a lot of language, not serious ones but they are frequent. Its just not a bad game blood wise. Its a lot of fun though.

Adult Written byChrisP 2 March 5, 2015

A media major's perspective...

This review for this is fairly close in terms of age group. However it does not touch much on why Faith is doing what she is. The story is about oppression as it is implied in the review. But why does Faith do what she does? You find out through cut scenes that years ago her parents were killed in a riot. They were protesting laws that were being implemented which would have limited their media rights(free speech.) This had an extreme effect on her. Her job has become all about spreading the truth that the media tries to keep under wraps. It’s also implied at several points throughout the game that the job of the runners is not to kill or go after police but those that control them. The player has the option and ability to incapacitate rather than kill. This is morally praiseworthy and is in fact encouraged through achievements and trophies while killing is not. The problem is that the game makes you work hard for it, which could lead some gamers to deciding to kill rather than take the moral high road. Overall the game is excellent but should be for older teens and gamers.

Adult Written byMichael Loughrie February 14, 2016

Meh...... it's okay

It's good, but it's not a game that someones willing to sit down and play all day. Don't get fooled by the trailer!

Adult Written byVlaanaSaauras November 13, 2015

Mirrors Edge: Not too inappropriate

You don't need to use a gun. At all. No sex No drugs It's not that violent Just run! Just jump! If your kids understand real life to games. Get it.

Parent of a 12 and 18+ year old Written byreaperkiller March 9, 2009

A unique game

Mirrors Edge is a must-play for teens and adults. This game is unique, the only of its kind. Its a mixture of assasins creed and prince of persia. You'll never find anything like it. Beutiful graphics, amazing gameplay!!!
Adult Written byJoe Barks February 11, 2019

Wow.....

I don’t know how a game like this was made but I got to hand it to them. Barely any guns and you do parkour all around a city trying not to get killed. There is a little bit of guns but the game rewards you for not killing anyone with guns. You are supposed to knock out enemies not kill them. Great story! Language is frequent though.... The S word is used frequently as well as the D word, the H word. But really, it is a great game!