Kid reviews for Mortal Kombat X

Incredibly violent fighting game has buckets of blood, gore.

Kid, 8 years old May 21, 2015

Disturbing,dumb,boring game has extreme gore and violence.

This game has tons of constant,extremely gory violence characters are ripped in half,stabbed,shot,crushed,have there heads severed,skulls cracked,necks broken,have there limbs severed,snapped to pieces,have there jaws ripped in pieces,clubbed,and fall to death. Insanely graphic blood splatter,spurting,spilling,streaming,pool,gushing,flowing,and dripping. There is also guts,brains,intestines etc. This game may be the most violent game so far and the violence is extremely disturbing/gory/and bloody. There is also occasional very strong language but its not so constant or frequent. This game has some fun moments and some thrilling levels but its boring,dumb,and very disturbing and extremely gory. My rating:M for extremely strong gory violence,pervasive gory and bloody images,disturbing images throughout,some language,mature content,and blood and gore.
Teen, 13 years old Written byArtichoke12 June 18, 2017

Common Sense is underestimating us all

Dear parents (and common sense), All of these age ratings are a load of crap. I have been playing games like mortal kombat, Doom, and God of War for around a year by now and I haven't even flinched at any of it. Anyone with a working brain would know that all of the violence in these games is pure fiction. If you can accept that nothing here is real, there is absolutely NO way to imitate it, and that it's not even disturbing anyways, then I think you're good. The game is so violent, that it loses how gross it would be. It makes a joke out of how violent it is and is impossible to take seriously. If you're worried about the swearing, then I have a question; why? We hear it at school all the time. In fact, we hear WORSE at school. Just look past all the content and you have a quality game with a great story, amazing graphics, and one hell of a good time.

Teen, 14 years old Written byAblation June 7, 2015

Worse than GTA...

Let's just make something clear, if you are even thinking about buying this game for you child think again. This game is brimming with gore! When you defeat your opponent there is always a scene of you mutilating them. For instance on of the characters lifts up the body of his enemy and rips all of the insides out of them through their mouth. In another scene you slice your challenges throat off. and then hold their dead head to take a selfie with it. But the worst I have seen of all so far is when you literally chop your enemy in half vertically. You are then able to see all their insides. Do not buy this game for your kid no matter how much he/she begs!

Teen, 14 years old Written bySilveredge April 20, 2015

Medicore story with tons of violence.

Simple to understand, and fun to master, that is if you can get over the amounts of violence. If your not familiar with the franchise, it has been known for extreme violence ever sense it released, with each title getting progressively more brutal. Characters beat one another up in a vague story with only okay voice acting and writing. The characters don't only care about violence though, many of the main characters want to protect Earth from its impending doom, even though they have to resort to extreme violence to do so. The game features several other modes, to make the fighting a little more 'interesting'. Though, without fatalities, a little bit of it's brutality does seem to vanish (a fatality is a brutal finishing move that can be performed at the end of a fight). The only true way to achieve that though is to play locally with a friend or family member (which, is the most fun in a game of this genre anyways) and agree to not use them, sense bots and online players will use them frequently. Much can be said about the game's brutality, and this might be a game to pass up if your a little squeamish, but their other fighting game the made before Mortal Kombat X (Injustice) is a great replacement if you like Mortal Kombat's mechanics.

Teen, 16 years old Written byMr. Sunshine August 12, 2015

Can be gory by choice

At the end of a match you have an option to kill an opponent lethally or non-lethally. Finishing an opponent lethally is called a Fatality and are incredibly gory. However, without finishing an opponent lethally this game is basically a much better version of Injustice and does not have much gore.

Teen, 17 years old Written byNo Name, for real. May 3, 2015

Innovative but incredibly violent and gory game, not for the faint of heart.

Mortal Kombat X is the latest installment in the long running series of fighting games that revolutionized the ratings we have for games now days with its absurd amount of gory violence. Well Mortal Kombat X doesn't just hold that standard, its also one of the best fighting games out there, and by far the best Mortal Kombat game ever made. Mortal Kombat X takes some bold new innovations in storytelling, game play, characters, and much much more. This MK is mechanically richer, more detailed and an excellent fighting game. The story is excellent and very well written, each character is given depth and the Mortal Kombat universe is fleshed out, giving it an excellent hold on its characters and well done good vs. evil story. One of the other man things it does right is updating old characters to give everyone a unique look and play style. But it doesn't stop there, it offers 3 different variations for each fighter, each one adding different moves or particular tweaks that keep it from ever getting repetitive is introducing 8 completely new characters to the fighting roster, each one as cool as the last, and with the new interactive environments, its not so much how many times someone can use the same move over and over to win, but how good you are with the characters, as the environments prevent you from spamming. However don't be fooled, while the game play is excellent, this game is the most violent, bloody, and goriest one since the series began. The gimmick for each game is the Fatalities, a finishing move that each character has that's usually absurdly gory and gross. And let me just say... Wow. With MK X's new beautifully rendered environments and fighters, the gore tech in this game is insane. Characters are killed in various ways, you name it, MK X does it. Characters are dissolved in acid, have there guts pulled out through there mouths, have there heads/limbs/chests/torsos explode, ripped in two, dismembered, decapitated, disemboweled, eviscerated, impaled, with either spears, knives, guns, fists, swords, lazers, or elemental weapons including fire, ice, and electricity. Its very cartoonish and over the top, but its still very detailed with the new graphics, that show insides, spinal cords, rib cages, and more being brutally mutilated in various ways. In the end, I love this game, its one of the best fighting games out there, but its not for the faint of heart, so be careful going in.

Teen, 16 years old Written bystreetflexer April 30, 2015

It's for a certain type of person

If your child is asking for this game, immediately tell them no and let that be the end. This game is INCREDIBLY GORY. I have seen some twitch streams of the game and all of the special moves have something incredible. I would rather not describe some but you could search them online if you would like to know more. (link https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OqGLS8BMGf8 , https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2YxPFw7lfY0) BUT, if you are still on the verge on purchasing this game, prepare for any possible consequences.

Teen, 14 years old Written byFrostyy August 18, 2016

GORE!

This game I'd only rated M because of the gore basically. The gore doesn't look real and might be disturbing to people with a weak stomach.

Teen, 15 years old Written byeazy__breezy June 14, 2015

Not for kids, way too violent

One of the most violent mainstream games of all time, this game is extremely violent. Like, so much blood and gore, the fatalities are way to violent for any kid. And the worst part is on some combos, you can pound the female characters vagina with your foot or destroy the male characters testicles. Open your eyes people, this game is not for kids its far too violent and far too sexually violent and just is only meant for adults. ADULTS, NOT YOUR "MATURE" 11 YEAR OLD.

Teen, 16 years old Written byShithole gamer July 8, 2016

Incredibly gory and good for children

I will start off by saying that gore isn't bad. I do not understand why some family's think gore is bad for their children to see. If it's realistic than it is not harmful to children. The sooner kids see that life isn't the stereotypical charms and happiness and that not everything is about friendship. If kids are shown gore at an early age than they will react better too it, rather when they are 16 and aren't used to it.

Kid, 12 years old June 12, 2015
Teen, 13 years old Written bySlightPower May 29, 2015

WAY to much gore

I don't care about profanity but the gore in this game is literally over the top. I have played another Netherrealm game, injustice, and that give is a great alternative. I personally do not have the game but played it at friends houses and seen videos and it is crazy violent. Even first person shooters don't have this much blood. They just have blood shown from time to time but mortal kombat x is so violent. I don't want to play it because I really don't want my family to see this much gore

Teen, 15 years old Written byJacobus7252 November 30, 2016

NOT FOR KIDS OR TEENS, READ THIS PLEASE

The other parents that say you can turn off blood/gore they are wrong! This game is rated M for a reason! If your kid says that you can turn off blood and gore then they are lying so they can get the game! The final finishing moves wouldn't make sense without the blood and gore so there is no way they could have that option! THIS GAME IS OVER THE TOP WITH BLOOD AND GORE! Players rip people open and treat them like they are little meat dolls, this game made me want to throw up just watching it. I would know kids lie to get this game because thats what I have seen other kids my age do. I know how these games are made and how they work. KIDS LIE ABOUT THE OPTION FOR BLOOD AND GORE TO GET THIS GAME! THE WAY THESE GAMES WORK WOULD MAKE NO SENSE WITHOUT THE BLOOD AND GORE! THIS GAME ALSO HAS EXCESSIVE SWEARING AND PROFANITY!(I put that in caps because it was important) In conclusion this game is not for kids!

Teen, 14 years old Written byihateageratings April 7, 2016

oh my word I'm a violence adict and it was to much for me

Csm is rarely right but this Is one of those occassions it's sickning you drain people's insides slice people to bit like a cream egg revolting no one should be near it the players eat the bloody corpses defiantly the most violent game in the history of games never mind language it's the violence and Gore I mean I like violence in games but I hate this anyone that buys this for a kid teen or young adult should be arrested and charged its that bad the creator's are crazy oh my God it's even more violent than man hunt 2

Privacy & Safety
Teen, 13 years old Written byGavib June 11, 2015

I am 13 years old

First off, this game has WAY TO MUCH GORE, I played it, and I nearly got sick. Parents, if you're son (or daughter) is begging for this game, say no, not unless you want your child (or children) to be exposed to watching the horror on a charecters face as they get sawed in halfor watching someone pull out someone else's digestive system. I played this game for two minutes and then I wanted to return it, it was way to gory.

Teen, 17 years old Written byOden4life April 18, 2015

Not to iffy but still know what your kid is playing.

Teen, 15 years old Written byCoolpool785 October 16, 2018

I only played the tutorial and almost got it taken away

This is probably the most violent game ever. The controls are pretty OK. Some combos are a little complex, so are the fatalities, but this is probably the most graphic game I have EVER played. I was doing the tutorial for fatalities (playing as Scorpion against Sub-Zero) and what I ended up doing was throwing a fireball through Sub-Zero's chest, causing his heart to fall out. I thought that was it, but then I proceeded to cut his face off. This game is extremely gory and brutal. I continued to play. In the first few missions of the campaign you play as Johnny Cage and fight Scorpion, Sub-Zero, and Jax and a wizard guy with a complex name I forgot it. I don't really play the campaign at all, but I played some of it for the review's purpose. Violence involves decapitation, severed limbs, impalement, disembowelment, and cutting/tearing in half (both vertically and horizontally). Sometimes (as certain characters) you can push limbs INTO their sockets. As one character, his fatality you can use is pushing one's head down into the abdominal area and tear off the abdominal flesh revealing the head in the wound. This is arguably some of the worse or mildest things you can do in this game. I have yet to encounter any cursing. There is online play, and players can be subjected to foul language. The female characters wear revealing outfit, but if you get DLC costumes you can put something on that covers her whole body, so it's not that big of a deal. Really the only thing I don't like about this game is how complex the fatalities and some of the "kombos" are pretty complex and difficult to do for those who haven't played fighting games before (like me). Fatalities are especially tricky since you are on a time restraint. Defiantly not for kids of any age. Iffy for mature teens 15-16+ otherwise only 17-18+ There are DLCs available.

Teen, 16 years old Written byVideoFanatic January 23, 2018

Targeted Towards Older Audiences, Fine for Teens

I personally like the Mortal Kombat series and have had this game for a while on my PS4. Parents should be aware that this game contains a lot of violence and gore and some strong, but infrequent language. I personally wouldn't let a young kid play this, but if you are about 14 or older, this is a fun fighting game with a great story mode.

Teen, 14 years old Written byKingRobert December 24, 2017

Gory but very detailed

This game is very violent but very rich in detail. If you want to avoid the super gory stuff then avoid doing any fatalities. There is also strong uses of f**k and s**t.

Teen, 16 years old Written by8BIT Scorpion July 22, 2017

Fine With Gore? Get This Game!

You probably saw my recommended age and you are now reading this to check if I am insane or not. I assure you, I am not. I had my first experience with Mortal Kombat at the age of 5. It was with an arcade cabinet of the original Mortal Kombat. It may be old by now, but it was still very bloody and fun to play and watch. I was not bothered at all, while teens walk near me scared by it. You need to handle gore to enjoy this game. I love Mortal Kombat and own every game the series has to offer. There is some cursing, but it happens very rarely. There is a quote where Johnny Cage says "it is possible for you to go f**k yourself". But it can also be skipped by simply pressing a button. It also has good messages, fight evil with all you've got! Well, if you play Story Mode, that is. Very fun game and I'm still obsessed with it!