All parent member reviews for Mortal Kombat

Adult Written byFreyis May 26, 2011

A fun game

The game overall is fun. Yes it is violent but if you've taught your kid the difference between fantasy and reality it shouldn't be a problem. Kids don't learn morals from video games they learn them from parents your kid isn't going to suddenly become overly violent from playing a video game. That said the language in it isn't necessarily good for younger kids to hear as they tend to act like little parrots and repeat everything they hear.
Adult Written byjoshua martinez February 7, 2012

not for kids.

mortal kombat has always been the best fighting game since day one when the old school ones first came out but this new mortal kombat game is not for kids and parents you need to know that mortal kombat has one of the most over the top violence that you can ever imagine a lot of blood and gore also when you performed a fatality on your opponent it can be very disturbing and hard to watch also there is some partial nudity shown when it comes to the female characters there breast bounces up and down when they fight and also they dress inappropriate there's some strong language used in story mode but the only character that used strong language in story mode is jax.
Parent of an infant, infant, infant, infant, infant, 6, 9, 12, 12, 14, 14, and 18+ year old Written byjacobstolman March 30, 2015

no way should a kid play this

come on i usually have been against the ratings common sense says but this is no joke this game has blood nudity sex every thing no kid should play this there is swearing and a bar mission it was fun but i should never play a game online and find out i played against a KID.
Parent of a 10, 12, and 14 year old Written byGimmick April 23, 2011

Great game, a must for any 12 and up.

This is an extremely violent game. There is some bad language in dialogue but its barely noticeable. Because the graphics are top-notch, the violent "x-ray" attacks and special moves seem so realistic. The "x-ray" attacks show what's happening inside the body of the victim while they're being injured and, although this is still very violent, they aren't as bad as the other attacks such as: dismemberment, decapitation and other VERY disgusting things. Not for under 11's.
Adult Written bynolan14 October 15, 2014

Ok for kids 13 and older

While the game is filled with blood and gore it can be turned off with the code 900-900. Not for children with a weak stomach. I've heard rumors that the game has the f-word throughout it. This is not true. The women do wear skimpy outfits but, nothing is shown.
Parent of a 12 year old Written byAdam ferriter May 2, 2014

Is it safe for kids

I think that the game shows gory violence but no sexual intercourse which is what I was worried about
Parent Written byKittycat9876 June 27, 2011

AWSOME

Mortal Kombat sends good messages for kids the good guys are trying to save the world
Parent of a 12 year old Written byYesISay August 9, 2014

Best game of the fanchise but gotta have a resistent stomach

For those of you who don't know Mortal Kombat is a fighting game famous for its controversy across the years because of its graphic fatalities and bloody fights. The violence is extreme and intense, okay… But its so over the top that you can't take it seriously though I must warn you if you're sensitive to gore and blood you might want to look at annother game. Some will excuse me for saying this but its gore and violence are for me sometimes strangely funny for the motive you can't take them seriously anymore and it has a sort of dark humour to it. The brutal and gruesome moves executed by the player to his oponent are optionnal although if the the AI is in the mood for blood, it won't be as easy on you as you would be on it. The main heroes in the story mode, specially the main protagonist, Raiden, are great role models who will sacrifice their lives to deffend Earth and their loved ones. The swearing in the game is bearly noticeable and only present in some dialogue sequences in the story mode that are skippable. A bigger problem is that the female characters are, for the most part of them, objectivized, dressed in provocative outfits and have unproportionate body parts yet none sexual activity. At the end is a super fun game, you have to know how to handle over the top violence. If you're a teenager who can handle hardcore violence and like fighting games, THIS IS THE GAME FOR YOU :D
Adult Written bysonicd April 25, 2011

Blood is Natural

Isnt it better for your children to play violent games instead of being a violent person? The message in this game is that fighting is dangerous. The reason parents dont want thier kids playing these games isnt because the child will feel uncomfortable, but the parent will feel uncomfortable seeing thier children playing the game.
Adult Written byTom_Gamer_Tom April 21, 2011

This is seriously no kids game.

Mortal Kombat is getting more violent every time it comes along. I don't like how over the top it has become. It is potentially the most over the top violent game I've ever even heard of. Comparable to the Violence in SAW 2. Like having a saw going through his crotch and cutting in half, is just sick and pointless. I do not see the point in this level of gore. Yeah, X-Ray scans showing how all the bones are crushing isn't the most pleasant thing I've ever seen in my life. Thing is, it's only a fighting game with an insane amount of gore, looking at Tekken with tons of gore. Too gory to enjoy in all fairness, I don't see any reason to buy it unless you are some person who adores gore.
Parent Written byPakistanPEGI December 20, 2014

No one under 18

Extremely Violent video game only for adults. Extreme Violence Bad Language(f--k,sh-t,bitch) Sexual Themes
Adult Written byIoutThink July 12, 2016

more like 2 not 18

too much controversy. common sense media is a bunch of concerned idiots and have better to do with their life. Great role models in this game its a 6 star
Adult Written byjorster11 April 3, 2015

This game was made for kids!

This game is a great game for kids. It was made for kids.
Adult Written byYumyumitsmrkakapipi November 19, 2011

This blood is sutile

Oh it doesn't have real guts or lungs man
Parent of a 12 and 16 year old Written byOregonForever April 20, 2013

Good for 11-12 year-olds used to titles like this.

I bought this game for my son a few years back, and he was absolutely loving it. I never really watched him play video games on his play-station, but one day I came down to see what was going on. The game was bloody and gory, although when I purchased it I had come to know that, but I had heard some talk about this game that wasn't even true on those eight minutes I watched him playing. There were some skimpy outfits that the women wore, but they never really did anything sexual with them, or really anything of the sort. The multiplayer was perfectly safe, and I decided to let my 12 year-old son play it. He loved it, and I said it was OK, just because I let him have games such as Dead Island and Oblivion. So overall, I think this game is safe for kids of 12-years and older.
Adult Written byjacobgamingeye0 June 28, 2015

very gory

There is very disturbing, gory images and kids should not see them. it also has a lot of swearing and sexual content is included
Parent Written byasjklas March 5, 2013

Lots of bloody, gory, and sexual content, at least for older teens.

Not much I can disagree with that's already been said, although I'd like to mention that the game doesn't actually swear all that much. Often, yes, but nothing relatively vulgar. In fact, the closest it gets to an 'f' bomb is hinting at the word, but maybe I'm wrong. But overall, you can't underestimate older teens knowledge of violence and as long as the teen is aware of the consequences of genuine violence and refrains from portraying it in reality, it's fine for that kind of audience. It's overall a very fun, very solid fighter.
Parent Written byImSpidey2 August 10, 2012

Really cool, but not for kids.

After the disappointment which is Mortal Kombat vs DC Universe, this game cheers us up with its gory fashion. But maybe a little too gory. It also has some great new moves called "X-Ray Moves", where you can actually see the bones breaking and the organs getting ruptured. It even has Kratos and Freddy Krueger in it! Amazing job, NetherRealm Studios. We'll be looking forward to a sequel.
Adult Written byWhitney's Miltank October 16, 2011

Good game for adults

Due to the amount of exaggerated violence and gore, I recommend that this game should only be played by older teenagers and adults. The portrayal of women in this game is the most concerning aspect. Although video games in general are known for poor portrayals of women, Mortal Kombat is the worst among fighting games in this regard. The women are constantly sexualized and many scenes in story mode are designed to show off naked women. This is still a game though, despite these big issues. Neatherrealm Studios wanted to revitalize their tournament community and put the focus back on gameplay instead of gimmicks. They are working towards making the game balanced. This game is good for casual and serious players. For those wishing to pursue serious or tournament play, use of a Playstation 2 or Playstation 3 controller, or a Mortal Kombat arcade stick is recommended.
Adult Written byMickeyCat May 12, 2015

Really good game for kids

The game has great messages and is suitable for ages 5 and up.